The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

What are the odds on Nikki and Cena winning titles at WM then Cena proposing during the 'celebration'?

I'm not sure I'd be so happy.

Original post by IanDangerously
Hopefully with the show being 4 hours tonight they'll go back to a full 2 minute interval for the rumble instead of this 90 second nonsense

It's '2 minutes', but the times are never real.
At least this Rumble isn't predictable like the last few. I think the only outcome I'd be disappointed with is if Goldberg wins the rumble
Original post by ozzyoscy
What are the odds on Nikki and Cena winning titles at WM then Cena proposing during the 'celebration'?

I'm not sure I'd be so happy.

It's '2 minutes', but the times are never real.

It's an approximate time! The rumble match needs to last at least an hour this year with the show being soooooo long
The guy with the Mr Bean sign in the crowd :rofl: Legend.

Love Cole trying to claim that Bayley busted Charlotte's mouth with the facebuster earlier, when she clearly botched the elbow drop and clocked her in the gob with the elbow.
gonna watch it at uni. Hopefully gonna be a good rumble
The ring sounds really hollow today. :beard:
Neville is actually awesome as a heel. Comes across as a total narcissist, in a good way.
Knew AJ was doing the job tonight, his face just looked sad throughout the entire match :rofl:
Rumble winner will probably fight Cena at WM so it won't be Lesnar or Goldberg.
I guess the policy with Rumbles judging from the past few is to have two guys you want to push but who people hate, then have the least hated one win so he gets massive cheers.
That was a very underwhelming Rumble. There was so much potential for more ffs

I don't get why they're so keen on burying Lesnar as well, that was just awful too.
for god sake that had so much potential and they go and give regins even more of a push when he doesn't need it. i'm pleased he didn't win but he doesn't need to be in the final two again, 3 years in a row ffs
Original post by AR_95
That was a very underwhelming Rumble. There was so much potential for more ffs

I don't get why they're so keen on burying Lesnar as well, that was just awful too.

They're not burying him, they're just saying Goldberg has his number. Everyone thought they'd even it up, instead they're going the route of Goldberg being the guy that Lesnar can't work out.

Original post by chelseafreak
for god sake that had so much potential and they go and give regins even more of a push when he doesn't need it. i'm pleased he didn't win but he doesn't need to be in the final two again, 3 years in a row ffs

It was a dumb #30 but this means Reigns vs Undertaker, and this is only good for everyone. Reigns will learn and improve if he has any sense, and Taker will get a good match out of him. And it might not even be for the title. And if Taker loses, well he's old and lost already so it's not that big a deal.

How mad would you be if Reigns took the streak (which in hindsight Vince is probably wishing he could do)?
What a load of $hit. I want my £10 and 6 hours back.

First wrestling I watched in years waited got Goldberg's pi$$poor performance and Undertaker was barely mobile
Original post by chelseafreak

Hunter and Dean were the final 2 last year.

Anyway, great show. Owens/Reigns was great, Styles/Cena was a blowaway match of the year and the Rumble itself was entertaining throughout with a few shocks and big moments. Not a fan of Orton winning it, but I think the non title main events will be the big draws for Mania this year now.
Original post by IanDangerously
Styles/Cena was a blowaway match of the year

It's brilliant logic to lower everyone's expectations so much so that, when you do more than 5 moves, and do a pin after each one for a cheap 'I THOUGHT THAT WAS GONNA BE 3!' close two-count pop, people think it's an amazing match.

Styles is amazing, Kurt Angle says you just have to stand in the ring and he'll bounce off of you and do all the work, which is what happened. Note that all of Cena's great matches are with guys who have great matches all the time - HBK, Taker, Punk, Styles. Very top of the business.

That's how bad Cena is.
Reply 5696
What a let-down of a main event after a really, really solid PPV show. One of the best, dare I say, in years.

The pre-show, at two hours long, was ridiculous, but I enjoyed Jax's mauling of Sasha Banks and the tag team bout was fun. The two-ref shtick seemed a little gimmicky, and the Club's crowning moment fell a little flat as a result of poor booking and character development in recent months, but Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows thoroughly deserve the belts.

Babyfaces look better chasing the title, as is the case in the cruiserweight division, so it was pleasing (and predictable) to have Neville pick up the W against Rich Swann. He has breathed life into the division and deserves to carry the belt for as much as 2017 as possible. Have him clash with Swann, Cedric Alexander, TJ Perkins, Tajiri, Kalisto et al. Similarly, Bayley's eventual conquering of Charlotte needs to be delayed so it feels right at the time when it eventually happens. It was a shame to see the women's bout start the event, really. I'd have preferred them to hang fire and place it into a more meaningful slot.

There were a few shocks last night - namely Roman Reigns not being victorious in the match with Kevin Owens, owing to Braun Strowman interference, and John Cena picking up the belt against AJ Styles. The latter duo delivered a match-of-the-year contender, but Cena having the strap? I'm unsure. If SmackDown's main event at WM33 is Cena vs Orton, it's just a joke. I think Bray Wyatt will pick up the belt next month, though. As for what WWE has in line for Styles, I have no idea. He deserves a main event programme with another superstar, but that doesn't like happening. Unless it's Undertaker?

As for Reigns, it was absolutely the right decision to have Owens stay over, until he and Jericho's friendship eventually spectacularly combusts, allowing the two to feud for the title. Jericho has signed a new WWE contract, so it makes complete sense for him to carry the belt now. The addition of Strowman was an interesting surprise. It allowed Owens to play the scavenger, and Reigns now has a rival to pursue moving forward.

The other big shock of the night, of course, was Reigns' emergence at No. 30. I have to admit, I was worried he was going to go over - which would have been WWE's biggest trolling ever. Unfortunately, the winner - Randy Orton - wasn't much better. He's headlined numerous Manias, carried the belt multiple times, and he doesn't need the rub. Braun Strowman, the Miz, Sami Zayn, Bray Wyatt, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, The Undertaker, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor... anybody but Orton, really.

The Royal Rumble itself went from cluster**** to enjoyable. There were a few spots - Enzo's opening promo (it made complete sense for Big Cass to kick things off), Tye Dillinger at 10, Jack Gallagher appearing with William, Kofi Kingston's usual antics, the dominance of Braun Strowman, the hint of a heel turn when Reigns eliminated Taker, the dissension of the Wyatt Family, Corbin downing Strowman. But there were plenty of lowlights - namely Orton's win, no Seth Rollins, a lack of Goldberg vs Lesnar, and no surprise entrants like Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Kurt Angle, or Shinsuke Nakamura.
I'm not even fussed about Reigns tbh, clearly looks like a heel turn coming but knowing the WWE it might not happen for a while either. Undertaker vs Roman Reigns will be a decent WM fight but I doubt Reigns is going over. Undertaker will most likely hit 25-1 at WM34 next year.

The rumble was wasted as well. I know you can't have all fighters involved at all times but the fight it self was just lazy, with half the contenders just lying on the floor waiting for their spots. Having Taker, Lesnar and Goldberg all come in near the end made the first half of the rumble boring, and one of the three should have entered much earlier to make the match more interesting, at least.

Orton vs Wyatt at Wrestle mania most likely, definitely cannot see Cena going into WM with the strap. I don't think it'll be a bad match on the card as long as Wyatt goes over. Rollins vs Triple H should be a delight too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5698
Original post by AR_95
I'm not even fussed about Reigns tbh, clearly looks like a heel turn coming but knowing the WWE it might not happen for a while either. Undertaker vs Roman Reigns will be a decent WM fight but I doubt Reigns is going over. Undertaker will most likely hit 25-1 at WM34 next year.

The rumble was wasted as well. I know you can't have all fighters involved at all times but the fight it self was just lazy, with half the contenders just lying on the floor waiting for their spots. Having Taker, Lesnar and Goldberg all come in near the end made the first half of the rumble boring, and one of the three should have entered much earlier to make the match more interesting, at least.

Orton vs Wyatt at Wrestle mania most likely, definitely cannot see Cena going into WM with the strap. I don't think it'll be a bad match on the card as long as Wyatt goes over. Rollins vs Triple H should be a delight too.

The card is looking quite interesting:

Shaq vs Big Show
Seth Rollins vs Triple H
Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho
Charlotte vs Bayley
Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton
Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman

That leaves Cena/Styles/Undertaker free, as well as Ambrose and the Miz.
Original post by Mackay
The card is looking quite interesting:

Shaq vs Big Show
Seth Rollins vs Triple H
Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho
Charlotte vs Bayley
Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton
Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman

That leaves Cena/Styles/Undertaker free, as well as Ambrose and the Miz.

Nah I think Reigns will fight Undertaker. I don't see Reigns vs Strowman helping anyone tbh. Also a possibility Styles fights Cena again

Quick Reply

Latest