The Student Room Group

Toddlers kill more Americans in the US than jihadists.

I think America really needs to focus on reviewing and managing it's gun laws.....

Rather than Trump's ban on immigration from 7 Muslim countries.

Discuss.

:cookie:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, it's the toddlers who don't have guns that are the problem. We need to arm all toddlers so that people can protect themselves from the bad ones.
Can't see the gun laws changing with a mad man like Trump as president.
Guns don't kill people. Toddlers kill people. Is it time for a ban on toddlers? IMO, yes. Not all toddlers are going to shoot people, but we can't really take chances.
Reply 4
The fact is Islamic terrorism in the US isn't a problem. Shouting "Allahu-Akbar" after you've killed someone is equal to a white American shooting another white American in some backwater town. For the latter, it's explained away as senseless violence, but the former is treated as if it's some massive religious death cult movement looking to destroy Western civilisation. The media has a way of inflating issues, and people are gullible and will believe anything that will support their world-view.
Reply 5
Original post by She-Ra

Discuss.

Also - those 7 countries... hmmm....:

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 11.33.49.jpg
Original post by jneill
Also - those 7 countries... hmmm....:

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 11.33.49.jpg

Makes me so mad :fuhrer:
Reply 7
Original post by She-Ra
Makes me so mad :fuhrer:

Perfect emoticon :wink:
One wonders if Americans kill more toddlers than jihadists?
Original post by She-Ra

I think America really needs to focus on reviewing and managing it's gun laws.....

Discuss.

thats because toddlers have higher iqs than jihadists. very cunning
Original post by She-Ra

Obama already tried and failed. Trump isn't going to make a difference.
Guns will never be removed from the USA. Far too entrenched in their culture, enshrined in the constitution, with the NRA being one of the most powerful lobbyists.

If there wasn't much change after the death of 20 kids following the Sandy Hook shooting, then I can't exactly see much changing at all now.
There's a school shooting every week in the US.

They'll never get rid of guns.

Posted from TSR Mobile
America will never ban guns, but it doesn't matter. With Trump at its helm, America is hurtling down to the scrapheap and picking up speed!!
Reply 14
Original post by WhiteKnight747

Posted from TSR Mobile

You say it like this is a good thing.
Original post by MrDystopia
Guns will never be removed from the USA. Far too entrenched in their culture, enshrined in the constitution, with the NRA being one of the most powerful lobbyists.

There's also the fact that there's over 300 million guns in the country.

Even if you banned the sale of them, getting all of them would be impossible.
Right but the toddlers are only killing because of america's *****y gun laws, not because toddlers alone are dangerous for being toddlers. Americans have developed a reasonable worry with Islam and some of those who practice it.
Reply 17
Original post by Lh030396
America will never ban guns, but it doesn't matter. With Trump at its helm, America is hurtling down to the scrapheap and picking up speed!!

Original post by WhiteKnight747

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by MrDystopia

If there wasn't much change after the death of 20 kids following the Sandy Hook shooting, then I can't exactly see much changing at all now.

Original post by Rock Fan
Can't see the gun laws changing with a mad man like Trump as president.

Banning guns doesn't reduce the murder rate it didn't in the uk, Ireland or Australia why would it work in the USA?
Reply 18
Very true.
On average, a small handful of people are murdered in the US every year by Islamist terrorism.
On average, around 10,000 people are murdered in the US every year by guns.

Perhaps America needs to re-evaluate its priorities?
Reply 19
Original post by QE2
Very true.
On average, a small handful of people are murdered in the US every year by Islamist terrorism.
On average, around 10,000 people are murdered in the US every year by guns.

Perhaps America needs to re-evaluate its priorities?

Do you think banning guns reduces the murder rate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending