The Student Room Group

Anything happening in London?

Hi.
I am a second year Law student at City, University of London but i am quite bored and have not made any real friends on the course. Does anyone know any parties or social events on Thursday afternoon or Friday evening? Nothing is showing on any of my uni's facebook groups.
Go to Cirque Le Soir or Tape London.
Reply 2
Original post by saraxh

Is it enjoyable on your own?
Reply 3
Original post by stawes
Does anyone know any parties or social events on Thursday afternoon or Friday evening?

It's London, arguably the most vibrant city in the country, with a huge population and massive array of cultures.

You've been living there for at least a year and a half.

And you don't know how to find out for yourself if there are events on?
Original post by stawes
Is it enjoyable on your own?

Idk. I've just heard it's really good.
Fabric. 25th of feb.

Bicep.
Reply 6
Original post by Drewski
It's London, arguably the most vibrant city in the country, with a huge population and massive array of cultures.

You've been living there for at least a year and a half.

And you don't know how to find out for yourself if there are events on?

I dont have any freinds. There is nothing on any of the uni groups or meetup.com.
Reply 7
You're bored while at City University London?

Why am I not surprised... I was there for 4 years, it was so dead 😂😂😂
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
So is nobody on here got a party at their uni or social group that i could attend?
Original post by stawes
So is nobody on here got a party at their uni or social group that i could attend?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1257471174340521/
Reply 10
Original post by stawes

What's city uni like now btw?
Feel free to send me a message as I don't want to derail your thread
Reply 11
Original post by stawes
Are you attending?

No. Even if I was I wouldn't say.
Reply 13
Original post by saraxh
No. Even if I was I wouldn't say.

Cool.
Im not sure its the best thing to go to on your own. It is so hard to find friends. Nothing is welcoming to a student on their own. Surely someone on this forum is in the same boat and is willing to meet up.
Original post by saraxh

Cirque is really difficult to get in tbh they wanna see that cash.
If OP is male and going alone, he'll probably be turned away. The only friends I know who get in are hot blondes.
Original post by Sadanon12
Cirque is really difficult to get in tbh they wanna see that cash.
If OP is male and going alone, he'll probably be turned away. The only friends I know who get in are hot blondes.

Yeah most people pay 1k then get asked to pay more. I know you have to look a certain way or be famous to get in.
Crime. Crime is happening in London.
Reply 17
Original post by stawes
Cool.
Im not sure its the best thing to go to on your own. It is so hard to find friends. Nothing is welcoming to a student on their own. Surely someone on this forum is in the same boat and is willing to meet up.

I hope you are white,[or atleast not black] cos that club is well known for having racist door policies for entry

tbh a large amount of the well known clubs in central London are racist like that [and I speak from personal experience] it's just that Dstrkt was stupid enough to verbally admit it
Original post by saraxh
Yeah most people pay 1k then get asked to pay more. I know you have to look a certain way or be famous to get in.

£1k just to go to a club?!

Talk about a huge waste of money.

Quick Reply

Latest