The Student Room Group

Can I apply to SFE and SAAS in the same year?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

The uni which I will be firming/insuring (haven't decided yet) is in Scotland and I'm eligible to have my tuition fees paid for by SAAS, as well as being eligible for a maintenance loan. I'm also eligible for a SFE maintenance loan which is much higher (by about 2000GBP) than SAAS's. The SAAS loan would not be enough to support me at uni, but the SFE would.

Can I apply to both, ie. have tuition fees paid for by SAAS and maintenance loan from SFE?
Reply 1
Original post by trythis
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

The uni which I will be firming/insuring (haven't decided yet) is in Scotland and I'm eligible to have my tuition fees paid for by SAAS, as well as being eligible for a maintenance loan. I'm also eligible for a SFE maintenance loan which is much higher (by about 2000GBP) than SAAS's. The SAAS loan would not be enough to support me at uni, but the SFE would.

Can I apply to both, ie. have tuition fees paid for by SAAS and maintenance loan from SFE?

It depends on your residence. Do you live in England or Scotland? If it's England you apply through SFE, if Scotland it's SAAS.
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
It depends on your residence. Do you live in England or Scotland? If it's England you apply through SFE, if Scotland it's SAAS.

I've lived in England for >5 years which makes me eligible for SFE, but I'm an EU student and eligible for SAAS as well.
Reply 3
Original post by trythis
I've lived in England for >5 years which makes me eligible for SFE, but I'm an EU student and eligible for SAAS as well.

Not if you live in England, afaik.

Eitherway you definitely can't mix and match.
You can't apply to both. It sounds as though you're eligible for SFE and not SAAS.
Reply 5
Original post by Tiger Rag
You can't apply to both. It sounds as though you're eligible for SFE and not SAAS.

I spoke with a SAAS representative recently, I'm definitely eligible for SAAS funding. Shame I can't apply for both, I guess I'll have to figure out a way to live off SAAS's maintenance loan then :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by trythis
I spoke with a SAAS representative recently, I'm definitely eligible for SAAS funding. Shame I can't apply for both, I guess I'll have to figure out a way to live off SAAS's maintenance loan then :frown:

Can't you apply via SFE - you have the higher fees but they are covered by their tuition fee loan?

(I have no idea if this is permitted - just a suggestion...)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending