Scroll to see replies

Original post by struggler07
What are the reasons and why

Because they enjoy it.

Why do people have recreational sex?

Because they enjoy it.

Why do people eat cake?

Because they enjoy it.

Besides, if you gamble sensibly, you can sway probability in your favour - not guaranteeing a win, but making it more probable.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nerry
Den they iz an idiot if they keep gamblin'

Most gambling addicts think there gonna win big if they keep gambling
Original post by MagicNMedicine
The problem is sometimes it isn't fun.

If you go and pay £50 to watch a football match, and your team serves up absolute dire **** and slumps to a lame defeat, you don't come out feeling "entertained" you come out feeling angry.

Which is the same feeling if you go gambling with £50 and lose it all, especially if it goes quickly as can happen.

For some people gambling can become like being a Sunderland fan, you just turn up splash out the money and watch it go down the drain and come home stressed and angry, but something draws you back like a mug to blow it next week as well.

That's true you know it's a hardcore addiction gamblers think there gonna win big 😂 Imagine losing £50 a day that's £350 a week 😱 You might aswell buy expensive nice clothes like true religion jeans for £275 yolo 😎 image.jpg
Original post by Cjrba
It all depends on the person. Some people do it because they believe they're good enough to win and want to win back what they've lost (worst way to gamble), some find it fun to risk money as its a sort of thrill. Others prob just think it's an easy way to make quick p(they're wrong). It can be harmless if you know your limits but deadly if you get sucked in

Gambling is all fixed especially online gambling, the worst thing is to risk someone else's money that can get get you in deep ****, I've gambled like 3 years ago was a thrill I only went bingo btw, most of the time you lose and trust me people lose alot of money they spent on gambling I guess gambling once a month is fine
Original post by Kagutsuchi
Because they enjoy it.

Why do people have recreational sex?

Because they enjoy it.

Why do people eat cake?

Because they enjoy it.

Besides, if you gamble sensibly, you can sway probability in your favour - not guaranteeing a win, but making it more probable.

I know it might be fun but most gamblers don't gamble sensibly they waste all their money on gambling
Life is hard as a gambler
For the adrenaline rush.
Original post by ChickenMadness
For the adrenaline rush.

Mmm most of the times you lose though
You jus need discipline to win, a lot of people have a good read on games but they let themselves down putting **** bets on to chase a loss.
I know it might be fun but most gamblers don't gamble sensibly they waste all their money on gambling

That's not true.

A lot of people gamble. Of everyone who gambles, or has gambled, only a small percentage will have gone to the extreme and wasted all their money and assets on gambling.

It's like drinking alcohol. A LOT of people drink alcohol. Of those people, only a small percentage will have become alcoholics, spent all their money and booze, and wasted their life until they eventually succumb to alcohol poisoning and die.

Moderation. What's fun is fun.
Original post by Nightowk
You jus need discipline to win, a lot of people have a good read on games but they let themselves down putting **** bets on to chase a loss.

I hear what your saying some people play slots etc it's all about luck tbh
That's not true.

A lot of people gamble. Of everyone who gambles, or has gambled, only a small percentage will have gone to the extreme and wasted all their money and assets on gambling.

It's like drinking alcohol. A LOT of people drink alcohol. Of those people, only a small percentage will have become alcoholics, spent all their money and booze, and wasted their life until they eventually succumb to alcohol poisoning and die.

Moderation. What's fun is fun.

That's true moderation is the key you can't be gambling everyday expect to win then come addicted
Original post by Reshyna
They are insane. They just don't know the value of money, and use it to play. That's it.

What a ridiculous and insensitive comment, considering that many people cannot help the fact that they gamble because they are addicted to it. To accuse people who gamble of not knowing the value of money is also a very general statement, I know when I did it that I did not have much money from my job so it was a way of trying to get a little more for my disposable income, but I was fully aware of the value of money. Essentially you have just made a very sweeping statement attempting to categorise millions of people globally as 'insane' and not knowing the value of money
That's true moderation is the key you can't be gambling everyday expect to win then come addicted

Goes without saying.

Everything "bad" in life can be done in moderation, unless it harms others.
Original post by CallumS9999
What a ridiculous and insensitive comment, considering that many people cannot help the fact that they gamble because they are addicted to it. To accuse people who gamble of not knowing the value of money is also a very general statement, I know when I did it that I did not have much money from my job so it was a way of trying to get a little more for my disposable income, but I was fully aware of the value of money. Essentially you have just made a very sweeping statement attempting to categorise millions of people globally as 'insane' and not knowing the value of money
It's truethey don't value money I agree with person you quoted they waste stupid amounts of money on gambling like £40 a day they think spending £400 is a lot of money that's ironic got these nice Gucci reading glasses for over £400 yolo 😎

image.jpg
Goes without saying.

Everything "bad" in life can be done in moderation, unless it harms others.

Of course gambling harms others look how much problems gambling has on others
Of course gambling harms others look how much problems gambling has on others

Again, you're taking a small percentage of cases and generalising.

The majority of people who gamble and lose harms no-one.
Again, you're taking a small percentage of cases and generalising.

The majority of people who gamble and lose harms no-one.

True I'm talking about the people who gamble everyday and ask for money from their friends or family to use to gamble
True I'm talking about the people who gamble everyday and ask for money from their friends or family to use to gamble

So you're talking about addiction to gambling, not gambling in itself.

No-one would say gambling addiction is a good thing. I'm not sure what your point is.
So you're talking about addiction to gambling, not gambling in itself.

No-one would say gambling addiction is a good thing. I'm not sure what your point is.

I'm talking about gambling addictions I know a few

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending