The Student Room Group

Say no to Donald Trump's state visit to Britain

" Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the United Kingdom. "

The petition now has over a million signatures and climbing. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

It's a way to protest the visit of this racist-pandering neo-fascist to the UK. The dog-whistle politics, the infantilising of our prime minister, the random acts of stupidity, the willingness to not just climb into the gutter but get down there like a pig with a snout in it - I could go on, but we all know what Trump is like and what he represents.

Let's demonstrate that this isn't 'business as usual' and that the sight of him being feted by our politicians and being treated to the full royal is just too much for us, the decent people of Britain, to bear. :yep:

Scroll to see replies

No. We have accepted state visits from plenty of undesirable nations over the years without petition or protest.

There is no reason to make an exception of Trump, he is the President and we should as a country still maintain close relationships with our allies.
Original post by Willy Pete
No. We have accepted state visits from plenty of undesirable nations over the years without petition or protest.

There is no reason to make an exception of Trump, he is the President and we should as a country still maintain close relationships with our allies.

Thank you.

OP is a joke.

Just another liberal who wants to ban anyone who hurts their feelings lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Willy Pete

Please direct me to information about the state visits to Britain of Mussolini and Adolf Hitler for comparison purposes.

The Queen meeting him and state dinners at Buck House and golfing at Balmoral - all would indicate acceptance of this neo-fascist extremist as a 'normal' leader and 'business as usual' - when it isn't.
No he is a world leader an it is important to establish ties with him. Use your brain moron
Reply 5
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Please direct me to information about the state visits to Britain of Mussolini and Adolf Hitler for comparison purposes.

The Queen meeting him and state dinners at Buck House and golfing at Balmoral - all would indicate acceptance of this neo-fascist extremist as a 'normal' leader and 'business as usual' - when it isn't.

Leaders of a questionable nature who've been granted a state visit?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_state_visits_received_by_Queen_Elizabeth_II

Take your pick. Notably China, Saudi Arabia, Russia...
Idi Amin was welcomed with open arms, so why not Mr T ? is it because he is orange white ?

http://www.itnsource.com/fr/specials/queens-jubilee/shotlist//RTV/1971/07/13/BGY508070250/

LOL where did you learn to argue?

You dont have a leg to stand on so your only tactic is to resort to calling people you disagree with Hitler.

Its pitiful, really

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Queen has met quite a few people in her time. I would say that Putin sits very much on the same sort of level as Trump. Trump is not even close to reaching the levels of Mussolini, Hitler or our esteemed ally Stalin.

I can see you aren't a fan of democracy when it doesn't go your way, however the people of America have made their decision via the correct political process. it is time for you to accept Trump as POTUS.
#**** Trump
Reply 10
Oh great, not this again. Remember what happened to the "Ban Trump from the UK" petition? :colonhash:
Reply 11
Let me guess those who signed the petition came largely from Muslim areas

Muslims pushing their weight around, as usual..
Yep, let's ban him!! He might grab our beloved Queen by the pussy!!!
Original post by the bear
Idi Amin was welcomed with open arms, so why not Mr T ? is it because he is orange white ?

http://www.itnsource.com/fr/specials/queens-jubilee/shotlist//RTV/1971/07/13/BGY508070250/

Back in prehistoric times. We are talking about the 21st century.

The last really unpleasant regime leader the Queen had for dinner was the Saudi king - before that, people mention Putin, but that was 2003 when it was much less clear what a 5-star anti-democrat he is.

There was a lot of protest around the Saudi visit at the time, including street protests in which I took part. In case people think I'm just anti-American - I'm not and this isn't about Americans as people, it's about the lurch to the extreme Right they have unwittingly taken with Trump.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lh030396

Or worse, force her to hold hands.

They will have to keep any younger royal women well away from him.
Original post by Mr. Popo
Let me guess those who signed the petition came largely from Muslim areas

Muslims pushing their weight around, as usual..

You need to learn to respect your betters...
Original post by queen-bee
#**** Trump

PROSM
The petition will never be taken seriously as one user can sign the same petition multiple times...

Stop moaning and accept life, you people are the reason why our generation is known as the snowflake generation..
A state visit for this pound shop Berlusconi is a joke. Banning him for his boneheaded executive orders and treatment of people would be a nice touch but still somewhat excessive.
Original post by Lh030396

:rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending