The Student Room Group

Do you support Donald Trump's anti-terror immigration ban?

Scroll to see replies

Not even from a political view...but on a very basic moral level, is it actually justifiable to prevent another human being, yes someone who thinks and walks and talks from moving where they wish. Forget all biases for on moment and think about it...humans are being prevented from entering another part of the world...
We can all agree that this world belongs to no one and borders are simply human constructs...so who decides where someone can go or not.
Original post by Joel 96
He's spot-on as per usual.

please do me a favour and stop watching that ****
He's the most right-wing biased political commentator i can think of, i cringe watching someone that biased.
But remember its only those that are biased AND non-white than should be banned/considered dangerous
Original post by epoddoulc
Yes, 6 of those 7 countries are ACTIVE WARZONES.
When ISIS finally attack Britain, you lefties will realise your ignorance.

I'm so sorry but whenever i see someone with the union jack as their DP i just laugh
"BRITAIN FIRST YEAAAAAAA" get the **** outta here
Original post by BusyStarGazing
please do me a favour and stop watching that ****
He's the most right-wing biased political commentator i can think of, i cringe watching someone that biased.
But remember its only those that are biased AND non-white than should be banned/considered dangerous

You're free to your opinion, but he raises good points in my view. If he's biased, then fine, but I'm not going to simply disagree with good points he makes.
Original post by Joel 96
You're free to your opinion, but he raises good points in my view. If he's biased, then fine, but I'm not going to simply disagree with good points he makes.

That's perfectly fair enough and yea im not going to stop you from watching what you want!
But in my opinion he is very misleading in his facts and uses it to push his own right wing agenda

But in my opinion he is very misleading in his facts and uses it to push his own right wing agenda

I'll look out for that.
Original post by Joel 96
I'll look out for that.

I'm pleasantly surprised how this convo turned out! All love here
I'm pleasantly surprised how this convo turned out! All love here

<3
no but for selfish reasons. it means that 2/5s of my family are now banned from the United States for holding an Iranian passport. it's far from ideal. the idea seems retarded tbh. banning a whole nation in lieu of a small proportion of actual threatening people.

it's like when a teacher keeps the whole class back cos of like 2 miscreants.
I'm so sorry but whenever i see someone with the union jack as their DP i just laugh
"BRITAIN FIRST YEAAAAAAA" get the **** outta here

Why? I love my country so I wear the flag with pride. What's your problem? Would you have the same response to someone with a Pakistan flag or Islam symbol as their DP? Course you wouldn't, one rule for us and another for them.
Why? I love my country so I wear the flag with pride. What's your problem? Would you have the same response to someone with a Pakistan flag or Islam symbol as their DP? Course you wouldn't, one rule for us and another for them.

You're not doing a very good job. You missed off the edges of the flag.
Trump agenda: "Asked about State Department criticism of the immigration ban, the White House Spokesman Sean Spicer said if "these career bureaucrats" had a problem with it, "they should either get with the programme or they can go.""

"Get with the programme" is a favorite of Trump. After his election victory he talked about a split country, a divided country and how it must come together, unite. What he understands by that is people should unilaterally "just accept" he is president and let him do everything he wants, preferably mindlessly cheering him on like they do Putin, Erdogan, or Kim Jong-un.

He thinks he may be helping America, but he is not, in fact I would say he is harming it a lot more. Wouldn't be surprised if it already has a worse reputation than under Bush.
Original post by PurpleNerple
yes, but with a emphatic qualification:
people from muslim countries come from very different cultures
those culture are not only immoral by virtue of their values and norms, but also the fact that they are more adhering to violent politics
we've seen this so much, i.e. 9/11, 7/7, the bostom bombing, the gay club shooting, the murder of cartoonists in denmark and paris (the latter obviously being je suis charle), the truck killings in france and germany, and honestly far too many to recall off of the top of my head
it is, therefore, a reasonable fusion of one's immigration policy and national security approach to limit certain countries from entry.

So where is the deportation of home-grown, white terrorists? Where is the banning of high school students from high school so that massacres stop?

Lots? There are no points other than "the regressive left".

Disgusting, and nothing but populism, pandering to what people (apparently like you) want to hear, confirming your biases.
Original post by Life_peer
Definitely.

Also keep in mind that contrary to the ******** SJWs are trying to spread, the countries were chosen by Obama's administration, not Trump's business interests.

Not chosen. Identified as being high-risk. If the situation were reversed, Trump would tweet "fake news" to reply to you.
Original post by yudothis
So where is the deportation of home-grown, white terrorists? Where is the banning of high school students from high school so that massacres stop?

Home grown white terrorists........

Examples?
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes, 6 of those 7 countries are ACTIVE WARZONES.
When ISIS finally attack Britain, you lefties will realise your ignorance.

The amount of homegrown Muslims in Britain is so high, if they want to attack, a ban on these countries for the UK would be of no significance.
The problem lies with islam not Tony Blair. Yes our foreign policy hasn't been the best but what's done is done. The best thing to do is to ban moslems until the situation has calmed down. Just look at Canada, Trudeau welcomed moslems with open hands, look at the response he received. A moslem terrorist attack the next day...

Now I'm not saying that all Moslems are terrorists but, most if not ALL terrorists are Moslem.

By that logic, what was the attack in Quebec against a mosque immediately following Trump's entry ban on 7 countries?

Do you even think, or just so far as it supports your biases?
Reply 58
No , he's just randomly picked countries in the middle east , that haven't actually had any terrorist attacks on US soil. However , he has banned Yemen and Iran , which is interesting. Iran has a nuclear deal (read 'restriction':wink:with the united states , something Trump opposes ; so it's likely the beginning of trouble there. The united states has done so much to Yemen and Yemani people , trump probably wants to cover it up and pretend it didn't happen ; likely to blame Obama for it if it ever comes to light.
The whole ban is a mess.
By banning people , you create a vacuum of angry people , who have family members stuck in limbo.The risk of terrosim is likely to increase if he increases his narrative of isolating the Muslim population.If people feel alienated from society they are more likely to turn their backs on it.
((Also if 2.5 million syrian refugees need a place to go , and europe and the US won't take them..they will have no choice but to join IS..we don't need the islamic state to gain more members...or maybe its just me?))
This ban will increase the growing racial and religious divides in the country. God save america ,because they're going to need as much help as they can get.
Original post by joe cooley
Yes.

The UK should follow his example.

why's that? Personally I think it's an insane measure to stop terrorism and I fear a great deal he's just a pawn of the people he elected to his cabinet or is in some other way going to personally profit from this. My fear is founded in the fact that Trump's business dealings seem to be quite shady considering the dossier sent to the FBI, the fact that he STILL hasn't released his taxes, the fact that he gave his children control of his company/companies (i don't know how many businesses he owns) as well as the fact that very few major terrorist attacks were committed by nationals of any of the countries from which movement has been banned.

I'm asking why to try and diversify my viewpoint. If you have a better understanding of the situation than I do then I want to know what you do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending