The Student Room Group

Can We Please Go Beyond Binary Ban Them/Let Them All In Rhetoric On Refugee Crisis?

It's insane the response to a global catastrophe and insurgency is "they're all terrorists, ban them" and "Let them all in, borders are racist".

Sensible border policies, vetting those coming in and a moral obligation to help those in need is the view of the majority, yet the loudest, most ill-informed, are steering the discourse.

That the President of The United States and leader of the UK opposition are part of that is both embarrassing and frightening.

http://thesatedire.com/news/uk-news/uk-referendum-on-refugee-ban/
Original post by Damien96
It's insane the response to a global catastrophe and insurgency is "they're all terrorists, ban them" and "Let them all in, borders are racist".

Sensible border policies, vetting those coming in and a moral obligation to help those in need is the view of the majority, yet the loudest, most ill-informed, are steering the discourse.

That the President of The United States and leader of the UK opposition are part of that is both embarrassing and frightening.

http://thesatedire.com/news/uk-news/uk-referendum-on-refugee-ban/

I agree with what you're saying, but let's not forget that the people in charge were elected by the majority.
Reply 2
Original post by YoloBaggins00
I agree with what you're saying, but let's not forget that the people in charge were elected by the majority.

I certainly do not question their mandate, but it's a loud majority of a minority. That does not take responsibility away from those who were taken in by a conman or a deluded, jam making fool who likes to dress up as Lenin.

I suspect the vast majority of people lie somewhere in between in both countries.
I bet the Eastern-European politicians are just watching all this while eating popcorn
Reply 4
Original post by Stoke123
I bet the Eastern-European politicians are just watching all this while eating popcorn

Our only hope is Putin chokes on it while pissing himself laughing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending