The Student Room Group

Why do neo-Nazis support Trump?

As the title says. Why are neo-Nazis so happy about the Trump administration?

We just had a demonstration on another thread where a Trump supporter justified the Quebec terrorist attack because the victims were Muslims (and in the very next post he'll undoubtedly say Islam is bad because it justifies violence).

Trump supporters are mentally-ill. It's very sad that an angry, loud minority in America has succumbed to this mass psychosis. But I'm not worried in the long-term; Trump is the worst thing that could have happened to the alt-right. It's being discredited right out of the gates.

Scroll to see replies

It's not really that difficult to figure out is it, i'm not sure whether you're looking for answers or just want someone to try to confirm a correlation between Trump and Racism. Anyhow, it's probably down to them agreeing with some of his policies, especially those on immigration (even if those policies aren't racially fueled like they'd want them to be), like why anyone likes any presidential candidate
Original post by AlexanderHam
Trump supporters are mentally-ill. It's very sad that an angry, loud minority in America has succumbed to this mass psychosis. But I'm not worried in the long-term; Trump is the worst thing that could have happened to the alt-right. It's being discredited right out of the gates.

Is there a specific reason you feel the need to generalise every Trump supporter? Is it a lame attempt at trying to rile up his supporters, or do you genuinely believe it? I do hope it's the former otherwise you calling others mentally ill would become slightly ironic.
Are neo-nazis even supporting trump?

I see a lot of claims that they are, but apparently everyone is a neo-Nazi anyway, so the term has little meaning.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Are neo-nazis even supporting trump?

I see a lot of claims that they are, but apparently everyone is a neo-Nazi anyway, so the term has little meaning.

The alt-right, which is frequently associated with white supremacy and neo-Nazism (although they're not formally related), was essentially invigorated by Trump.
Why do the left support Islamists?
Original post by Mathemagicien
Not just anti-foreign, anti-muslim, anti-black, anti-trans rights, anti-gay rights, anti-woman, anti-multiculturalism, anti-diversity, basically anti everything that makes america great..

An example of Trump's anti-black rhetoric if you would, please.
It's not really that hard to figure out, Trump's anti-everything-that's-not-White-and-Christian nature and the Alt Right 'supremacists' (not formally related, however) ideas of a 'great nation', seem to aline with an unsurprising amount of accuracy. :ashamed2:
You moron , Trump is implementing what most liberal economists want and is testing if high deficit spending benefits the economy.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/trumps-misguided-flirtation-with-keynesianism-214468
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-11-18/even-trump-is-a-keynesian
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/upshot/the-trump-administration-could-test-whether-deficits-help-the-economy.html
All Trump supporters aren't alt right, I dont how you can be so stupid to call over 40% of America neo-nazis.

Lets collect the liberal tears, they don't even know what they are talking about

(edited 7 years ago)
Because the far-right is going to be more likely to support a candidate that is right-wing on social issues. I don't see that as a problem in a two-party system.
What I don't understand is half these people are from the Bible Belt and are strong fundamentalist Christians whose beliefs aren't any different to the beliefs in Islam :rofl: When they're not busy shooting at planned parenthood clinics, they're picketing gay veteran funerals and burning down black churches.
It's incredible to me how these same people think Christianity is the superior to Islam when they're in fact the exact same thing :lol: it just happens that extremist Christianity exists mostly in the Bible Belt and they are small in number so they can't commit acts of terrorism on the same scale as islamists in the Middle East (not for lack of trying though)

There's even a tsrian on here that I'm very tempted to tag that believes homosexuality is unnatural and gays should undergo conversion therapy and not be allowed to get married but still criticises Islam for not having western values like equality of gay people.
Original post by fleky6910
You moron , Trump is implementing what most liberal economists want and is testing if high deficit spending benefits the economy.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/trumps-misguided-flirtation-with-keynesianism-214468
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-11-18/even-trump-is-a-keynesian
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/upshot/the-trump-administration-could-test-whether-deficits-help-the-economy.html
All Trump supporters aren't alt right, I dont how you can be so stupid to call over 40% of America neo-nazis.

Lets collect the liberal tears, they don't even know what they are talking about

Liberal economists do not want a tariff war which will ultimate harm Americans.

Not to mention that Trump refused to mention Jewish people in his speech about the Holocaust and his Israel ambassador described left wing Jews as being 'worse than the Kapos'.
Original post by Bornblue
Liberal economists do not want a tariff war which will ultimate harm Americans.

Not to mention that Trump refused to mention Jewish people in his speech about the Holocaust and his Israel ambassador described left wing Jews as being 'worse than the Kapos'.

Its not notifying me of replies for some odd reason.
I said partially what he's doing is keynesian/more keynesian ,( at least more) and will test if deficit spending works. He will cutting taxes drastically and investing in big infrastructure projects. Obviously a tariff war wasn't suggested by free market or left wing economists( I may be wrong but doubt it). Read some of the links they are quite interesting.
I am not sure about the effects of the tariffs, they could be positive(jobs) or catastrophic. It is worth saying however only one million jobs have been lost to China. More have been lost to automation. Lets wait and see, the corporation tax cuts may lure companies and if combined with tariffs could be effective.
I am normally for the free market but this might work.
Or it might not , the last time we had a trade war it didn't end well!
I am not a Trump supporter by any means.
Obviously don't agree with his Jew rhetoric !
(edited 7 years ago)
It doesn't need to be spelled out. It is obvious why but this guilt by association is nonsense. Yes, some unpleasant people support trump but that does not mean that there is anything wrong with the man.

It really is on the same level as saying: why do terrorists follow Islam?
Perhaps because Trump gave a voice to millions that the elite left had forgotten. Rather than bash them, try and listen to their plight. If you fail to do so, more 'Trumps' will get elected.
Original post by _gcx
The alt-right, which is frequently associated with white supremacy and neo-Nazism (although they're not formally related), was essentially invigorated by Trump.

What people associate the alt-right with is irrelevant, they are neither white supremacist nor neo-nazis.
(edited 7 years ago)
Have the KKK done anything recently? Surprised they haven't popped up on TSR yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aceadria
Perhaps because Trump gave a voice to millions that the elite left had forgotten. Rather than bash them, try and listen to their plight. If you fail to do so, more 'Trumps' will get elected.

Trump's voters aren't "forgotten", or without voice. The evidence we have suggests they're largely the same people who usually vote Republican, who voted Romney in 2012, etc. Far from lacking a voice, the American political system has tended to amplify their voice disproportionately to how many there actually are. As for their "plight", they appear to be noticeably wealthier than Clinton supporters.
America must have open door immigration, because it was created by immigrants..

Europe must have open door immigration because...?
Original post by Meridian-S
It's not really that hard to figure out, Trump's anti-everything-that's-not-White-and-Christian nature and the Alt Right 'supremacists' (not formally related, however) ideas of a 'great nation', seem to aline with an unsurprising amount of accuracy. :ashamed2:

Yet you can't manage to produce one solitary example of Trump's anti-black rhetoric.

Incapable of independent thought you simply parrot the standard left wing lies.

Obviously, if you can produce the elusive example i will apologise for questioning your capacity for independent thought.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending