The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I've been put on the waiting list.. But gutted as glasgow and edinburgh were my favourites and I messed up one of the stations at the edinburgh interview today so even though the rest of it was really good I don't think I have a chance there sadly....
I know you mentioned on another chat that you knew someone who got in on the waiting list? Do you know when they heard? Was it before the UCAS deadline? Thanks :smile:
Reply 2
It was the previous student from my course who got in via the waiting list last year!
I do not know all the details about it but it means you are in for a chance!
There's another girl on my course too who has been given a waiting list place. I think she's trying to get more clarity from our course director.
Reply 3
I imagine it's decided when school leavers get their results though so that's what? August?
Posted from TSR Mobile

YEA! I got my offer on the 23rd. Conditional
I got an unconditional offer from Glasgow! which is a great news to me this year!!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Is all your first choice?
Reply 7
Yeah it's my only choice!
I could only apply for limited places due to it being an access course I'm doing right now.
What was everyone's conditions?
Reply 8
Original post by 12103763d
I got an unconditional offer from Glasgow! which is a great news to me this year!!

I'm jealous of your unconditional 😂
I got an offer last week!!! Conditional.
Reply 10
I have been given an unconditional offer for Vet medicine at Glasgow starting 1st September this year. Anyone else starting Vet school in Glasgow then?
Reply 11
Original post by Vici888
I have been given an unconditional offer for Vet medicine at Glasgow starting 1st September this year. Anyone else starting Vet school in Glasgow then?

I should be starting.
I'm on an access course so I'm being assessed throughout the year so I have a good idea of my grades.
If I failed now it would be absolutely unusual.
Reply 12
I was rejected last year from every single university without even getting an interview. So to anyone who is reading this and worrying that they won't get in, there is still time or even next year, it gets better I promise☺

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Vici888
I was rejected last year from every single university without even getting an interview. So to anyone who is reading this and worrying that they won't get in, there is still time or even next year, it gets better I promise☺

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yess!
I didn't get my grades when I was 17/18.
I spent 15 years finding a road in.
Here I am!
Reply 14
I was predicated 5 A's. Then my dad was diagnosed with cancer and my life crumbled. I got 3A's and 2B's and every uni told me my excuse wasn't 'good enough'. Then my school made it hard for me to take the right Advanced Highers. So I decided to take a year out and try again, little did I know it would get worse. I went to the main Glasgow uni and ended up being late for my interview and was devastated because it was my dream uni. Then during my interviews my grandfather passed away and a week later my uncle died. Not joking I felt like saying "that's it, i give up" because I got rejected from Edinburgh for a second time then too. So please please, I know it's hard but don't give up because if you want it you will get in. Life is hard sometimes but you can do it☺

Posted from TSR Mobile
Huge congratulations! So sorry to hear you have had such a tough time of it.

Do you minding me asking if you got As for Biology and Chemistry Higher and what Advanced Higher grades you achieved?

Original post by Vici888
I was predicated 5 A's. Then my dad was diagnosed with cancer and my life crumbled. I got 3A's and 2B's and every uni told me my excuse wasn't 'good enough'. Then my school made it hard for me to take the right Advanced Highers. So I decided to take a year out and try again, little did I know it would get worse. I went to the main Glasgow uni and ended up being late for my interview and was devastated because it was my dream uni. Then during my interviews my grandfather passed away and a week later my uncle died. Not joking I felt like saying "that's it, i give up" because I got rejected from Edinburgh for a second time then too. So please please, I know it's hard but don't give up because if you want it you will get in. Life is hard sometimes but you can do it☺

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Vici888

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was predicted 5 As years ago and then my life had some horrific stuff in it and I fluffed it.
I was told back then that it was based on first sitting so I just spent years in a different career and looking for ways to get back into Vet Medicine.
It came along a couple of years ago and now I'm sitting with an offer 😊
I've even had a hellish year last year and I'm still trooping - mum has incurable cancer, both my grandfather and grandmother died 2 weeks apart.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by May_
Hey, I've been put on the waiting list.. But gutted as glasgow and edinburgh were my favourites and I messed up one of the stations at the edinburgh interview today so even though the rest of it was really good I don't think I have a chance there sadly....
I know you mentioned on another chat that you knew someone who got in on the waiting list? Do you know when they heard? Was it before the UCAS deadline? Thanks :smile:

Thought I'd get back to you and let you know that it's pretty much been confirmed that the waiting list is a tiny list with only a handful of people in it and it's a very good chance of getting in.
Got my conditional offer a couple of weeks ago!! :biggrin:
Reply 19
Thank you!! That's made me feel a bit more positive! Do you know if they only give offers from the list on results day, or is there a chance I could hear before the UCAS deadline? 😬

Latest

Trending

Trending