The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3320
Original post by dagoro1
Oh yes! I applied for Liverpool and scored 667 for csr/2066/15 and 566 for csr/1320/16. My pre-employment checks were passed for the latter last week (I think the former has been forgotten somewhere) and ordinarily, I would expect a formal offer soon. But every single part of this process seems to take weeks or months so I'm not holding my breath.

The annoying thing is I've missed out on a holiday to Singapore in February which I turned down thinking I will have just started. In the end, I booked to go to Spain in May....and I'll probably only have just started.

It seems crazy. A friend like us both got offered csr/2066 and csr/1320 she started as an O on 2066 and waiting to hear from 1320. Another male mate in isbc but isnt too keen on it but its a job he got his HO scoring all 4's before us all lol
Reply 3321
Original post by dc850208
Hi, do you know when we should be expecting offers then for Liverpool? As in formal offer?

By the look of things could be quite random how and when we start
Original post by Djd247
By the look of things could be quite random how and when we start

But your friend doesn't think it'll be before April?
Reply 3323
But your friend doesn't think it'll be before April?

They have been told for new finance yr so after April, but who knows. He said some people are starting Feb but heard in Dec 16.
Original post by Djd247
It seems crazy. A friend like us both got offered csr/2066 and csr/1320 she started as an O on 2066 and waiting to hear from 1320. Another male mate in isbc but isnt too keen on it but its a job he got his HO scoring all 4's before us all lol

How do they like the O role
Original post by Djd247
They have been told for new finance yr so after April, but who knows. He said some people are starting Feb but heard in Dec 16.

I guess that the only people who really know for sure when we will get start dates will be the planners. Just praying we hear something this week but not looking likely
I guess that the only people who really know for sure when we will get start dates will be the planners. Just praying we hear something this week but not looking likely

No movement before Easter I predict
Original post by Jamz115
Rubbishes the nonsense we have been told that formal offers are dished out on the basis of merit order scores in previous parts of the campaign. Clearly not the case Kez. It's my strong belief as someone else has said that CSR/2066/15 Has been forgotten about and swept under the carpet.

Show me where we are told that formal offers are made on merit as I have never been told this officially; quite the opposite in fact! (Again, this seems like more bs from you). It has always been the case that provisional offers were made on merit order determined by your interview score. Once a provisional offer is made you are allocated as and when everything is in place.
Now, having said that, HMRC should not be making provisional offers to people unless the jobs are there and people can go straight into a vacancy when checks etc are completed.
Reply 3328
Original post by Jamz115
How do they like the O role

The one in isbc isnt too keen. The girl likes her role but I will have to ask where she is placed
Reply 3329
Original post by HammerThyme
Show me where we are told that formal offers are made on merit as I have never been told this officially; quite the opposite in fact! (Again, this seems like more bs from you). It has always been the case that provisional offers were made on merit order determined by your interview score. Once a provisional offer is made you are allocated as and when everything is in place.
Now, having said that, HMRC should not be making provisional offers to people unless the jobs are there and people can go straight into a vacancy when checks etc are completed.

This is what I was told and understand too. After provisional offers it is no longer in merit order and depends on location, checks, oh etc being done

Someone called Kez who currently
Works for HMRC made the claim about people being placed according to merit order not myself. I have received further correspondence that HMRC plan to close the CSR/2066/15 campaign by April. They could only " anticipate" all applicants being given a formal offer. So I took that to mean that they are aiming to make all outstanding Provisional offer holders a formal offer by the time this campaign closes in April but they cannot confirm this and therefore it should not be taken for certain that everyone will get a formal offer. Not trying to scaremonger or anything like that I'm simply stating the facts as they were presented to me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jamz115
Someone called Kez who currently
Works for HMRC made the claim about people being placed according to merit order not myself. I have received further correspondence that HMRC plan to close the CSR/2066/15 campaign by April. They could only " anticipate" all applicants being given a formal offer. So I took that to mean that they are aiming to make all outstanding Provisional offer holders a formal offer by the time this campaign closes in April but they cannot confirm this and therefore it should not be taken for certain that everyone will get a formal offer. Not trying to scaremonger or anything like that I'm simply stating the facts as they were presented to me.

What I have heard it is that if you have a provisional offer and pass all your checks you should get a formal offer. But as in your situation above, I think it was someone on here who said that and more guy not be written in stone. I would be very surprised if a formal offer was not given following a provisional
Reply 3332
I am part of the 1320 campaign and point 39 of the FAQ we were all given states that "Successful candidates will be appointed in merit order to their preferred location". Therefore I would have thought formal offers would be made in merit order by location. I imagine if there has been variances from this it could be explained by overriding business need.
Original post by ID07
I am part of the 1320 campaign and point 39 of the FAQ we were all given states that "Successful candidates will be appointed in merit order to their preferred location". Therefore I would have thought formal offers would be made in merit order by location. I imagine if there has been variances from this it could be explained by overriding business need.

That refers to provisional offers - in the same point it goes on to explain about going on the reserve list if you make the standard but don't get placed initially. You come off the reserve list when you get your provisional offer - although it feels like we are all on a reserve list right now... Waiting 😔

It's not made very clear but that seems to be a trend throughout all the communication regarding the process
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3334
That refers to provisional offers - in the same point it goes on to explain about going on the reserve list if you make the standard but don't get placed initially. You come off the reserve list when you get your provisional offer - although it feels like we are all on a reserve list right now... Waiting 😔

It's not made very clear but that seems to be a trend throughout all the communication regarding the process

100% with you on the clarity issues lol

I'm not convinced that it does refer to provisional offers as by my reading I would argue it states successful candidates then goes on to outline the procedure for those not initially selected. I assume that there are people who have been informed they are or were on a reserve list. I can only speak for myself but I was never told I was on a reserve list, the first communication I received following interview said I passed the interview and they would contact me shortly with the next steps. The next email was my provisional offer. I am guessing that some people got a reserve list email at that point depending on interview scores and their preferred location.

Again just how I read it and certainly at this point it is purely conjecture. I really hope the end is insight for us all.
(edited 7 years ago)
I just rang E&C again in the hope of getting a better answer.

The fella said they had been advised that they had to have the campaign (1320) closed by April and said formal offers needed to be out for March.

He also said there are definitely the number of places available per provisional offer that's been made but he did say that in some cases first choice location might not be granted, which is a bit worrying. He didn't go into any more detail about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by SMK2016
I just rang E&C again in the hope of getting a better answer.

The fella said they had been advised that they had to have the campaign (1320) closed by April and said formal offers needed to be out for March.

He also said there are definitely the number of places available per provisional offer that's been made but he did say that in some cases first choice location might not be granted, which is a bit worrying. He didn't go into any more detail about that.

Thanks for this. Don't suppose you know if that means March starts or just formal offers out by end of March, and therefore a potential wait until the end of April for a start?

Of course, this all means everything going to plan and the targets being met - which is a big ask based on my experience.
No he wasn't specific about start or end of March and April which leaves them a bit of movement.

I'm hoping the issue with location is just areas with more than one office like London (Croydon and Stratford) and not the case where people from Belfast get offered Liverpool as an alternative or vice versa

Original post by SMK2016
No he wasn't specific about start or end of March and April which leaves them a bit of movement.

I'm hoping the issue with location is just areas with more than one office like London (Croydon and Stratford) and not the case where people from Belfast get offered Liverpool as an alternative or vice versa

It would be very unreasonable. I can't see them doing that.
Thanks for this. Don't suppose you know if that means March starts or just formal offers out by end of March, and therefore a potential wait until the end of April for a start?

Of course, this all means everything going to plan and the targets being met - which is a big ask based on my experience.

I would assume this would mean an April start as all figures etc for year end have to be submitted by end of march. Can see it being more appropriate to start new starts in the new year rather than just before year end as i can imagine it's going to be hectic with them trying to meet targets.
Can't imagine how irritating it must be to still be waiting. Fingers crossed it all works out for you.

Latest

Trending

Trending