The Student Room Group

"I don't have enough time" is crap, yes you do.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AshEntropy
> Gets 14 A*s at GCSE
> Instantly gets a superiority complex
> Starts lecturing people on how to live their life

OP in a nutshell

What do you mean with living the life exactly? being organized by making appointments?

It is very kind of you, if you giving advices when people asked for. Otherwise it is pushy.
Very true. When you have your priorities right you find the time. During my A levels I studied 4 A2 subjects (incl art which has a huge workload) plus working, plus two volunteer roles and ad hoc volunteering in between, plus running 10 miles a day, plus yoga 1-2 x a day, plus having a boyfriend - and I still had 'down time'. There are a lot of hours in the day, the only problem is when you spend a large amount of them sleeping/facebooking/watching netflix they disappear fast.
Wow okay, clearly you have never had depression. You're basically telling someone to "cheer the **** up", and that is easier said than done. Depression can't just be beaten on it's own, it takes time and whilst the individual is suffering, time goes twice as slow and even the most simplest of things - showering, for example - can be increasingly difficult. I'd like to see you do a structured and productive routine whilst suffering with severe depression.

Oh please, "depression isn't an excuse." Depression demobilises people, and you should take that into consideration. Stop being so pretentious, middle-class ****.
Original post by thedayismyenxmy
Wow okay, clearly you have never had depression. You're basically telling someone to "cheer the **** up", and that is easier said than done. Depression can't just be beaten on it's own, it takes time and whilst the individual is suffering, time goes twice as slow and even the most simplest of things - showering, for example - can be increasingly difficult. I'd like to see you do a structured and productive routine whilst suffering with severe depression.

Oh please, "depression isn't an excuse." Depression demobilises people, and you should take that into consideration. Stop being so pretentious, middle-class ****.

I have depression, I take meds daily and go to weekly counselling. It doesn't mean I can't make time for things that need to be done. Often the best thing I can do for my depression is throw myself into something productive. I force myself to get on with things and get everything done because I refuse to let my depression define me.
Some people have lives... you know, a social life....
Original post by Glassapple
People, especially students, like to say they don't have enough time to do things like clean, exercise, make meals, study, see friends, shop, etc. These people are not using their time effectively. Wake up an hour early to exercise or clean, do things at set times, be more organised, don't take breaks for hours and hours watching Netflix or sitting on Facebook.

Today I woke up at 6, made breakfast, did an hour of cardio, showered, cleaned my room, vacuumed the house, took the bins out and packed by bag for tomorrow, all before 8. Then I did laundry, ironing and made lunch for tomorrow. I did a couple of hours of studying, went out to do food shopping, put it all away and that came to 2pm. I've had a friend over since then, and now I'm on an exercise bike while writing this. You do have time, stop moaning you don't.

Yes this is exactly the right attitude to have! Very refreshing. If only more people shared your work ethic.
Original post by epoddoulc
Some people have lives... you know, a social life....

As do I, I said on that day I was with a friend for about seven hours. A 'social life' is not wasting every night getting drunk at the pub, or hanging around the park pratting about in the cold. I'm at school today, I have stuff to do at home afterwards which will take a few hours, tonight I'm going to the theatre with a friend, then I have school tomorrow.

Original post by kalclash
Yes this is exactly the right attitude to have! Very refreshing. If only more people shared your work ethic.

Thank you! Some people get it!
I don't have time to read this thread
Original post by Kravence
I don't have time to read this thread

You have time to sarcastically post in it, you may as well read it.
Reply 110
I don't have enough time is just the nicer way of saying 'I don't want to do it'
People, especially students, like to say they don't have enough time to do things like clean, exercise, make meals, study, see friends, shop, etc. These people are not using their time effectively. Wake up an hour early to exercise or clean, do things at set times, be more organised, don't take breaks for hours and hours watching Netflix or sitting on Facebook.

Today I woke up at 6, made breakfast, did an hour of cardio, showered, cleaned my room, vacuumed the house, took the bins out and packed by bag for tomorrow, all before 8. Then I did laundry, ironing and made lunch for tomorrow. I did a couple of hours of studying, went out to do food shopping, put it all away and that came to 2pm. I've had a friend over since then, and now I'm on an exercise bike while writing this. You do have time, stop moaning you don't.

I agree completely. The amount of people with a victim complex on my college course was shocking. It was so annoying having to be around them all week. So many excuses for why they didn't even do their work! >:frown:
Original post by kuroskye
I agree completely. The amount of people with a victim complex on my college course was shocking. It was so annoying having to be around them all week. So many excuses for why they didn't even do their work! >:frown:

Those people then probably moaned they had "no idea" what was going on at college because they didn't pay attention or do any work, then somehow it's someone else's fault! If you want to have the time for things then you can. As you say it's a victim complex culture because people either don't know how or can't be bothered to utilise the time they actually have.
Those people then probably moaned they had "no idea" what was going on at college because they didn't pay attention or do any work, then somehow it's someone else's fault! If you want to have the time for things then you can. As you say it's a victim complex culture because people either don't know how or can't be bothered to utilise the time they actually have.

Amen!
:clap2: this is obnoxious
agree with @Yaboi:u:
Hi everyone, I'm knew to this sight and can't work out how to share my post etc 😂 But I have posted on my profile regarding university applications so could you guys please take a minute to check it and see if you have any advice for me? Thanks

What A-Levels are you doing?

What subject do you want to read at university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dermatome
What A-Levels are you doing?

What subject do you want to read at university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths, further maths, physics, chemistry and English literature, and I want to study either maths or physics at university, most probably.
Maths, further maths, physics, chemistry and English literature, and I want to study either maths or physics at university, most probably.

Cool. Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest