The Student Room Group

Changed mind on trump

As a liberal i dont agree with trumps political leanings but when your aware of what hes doing you have to feel that liberals are hysterically embaressing right now.

Hes giving the extreem oposite version of what ever the media is saying as a way of takeling the extreemly dangerous problem of fake news, by doing this it forces people to make a decision on what the truth is now knowing what both extreem sides are, the truth is something in the midle.

the result now is that its extreemly easy to see which people are extreemists and arnt setling somewhere in the middle or are not doing the research work now neccesery untill the fake news problem is tackled

Trump says nobody has more respect for woman than him, the media states that hes sexist, he states more people turned up to see him in washington than ever before, the media states it was the smalest gathering

the truth is probably somewhere in the midlde

im not agreeing with what he is doing but please fellow liberals stop saying hes sexist, racist, xenephobic, and a nazi because your just missing the oportunity to do real research and put a real argument forward against his real views

now with the knowledge of knowing the media and Trump are both lying discuss here what you think that midle truth is likley to be?

note, the truth might be extreem sometimes but i doubt its all the time

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Example;

the media is stating he is xenaphobic for the executive order travel ban, but his wife is from another country so i havnt done all the research yet but im going to go with hes not xenaphobic but is just trying to tackle the united states over stretched immigration department and intelligence community whilst maybe doing something popular to make his suporters happy, testing the waters to see how people react and maybe subtely threatening foreign ennemies.
Reply 2
confirmation biast or said another way, the mind hears what it wants to hear and disregards the rest

currently there are more than a million people that have it in the uk sighning the petition to not allow trump in to the country

we all need to be careful of this

try to get your information from three different sources
Reply 3
[video="youtube;4wxMTh_UzHM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=69&v=4wxMTh_UzHM[/video]
Reply 4
i think the fact there is silence so far shows that the liberal voice right now has no counter argument to what im saying and doesnt care enough to try and offer a balanced view

well for moderate liberals like me im fed up of defending someone i dont agree with politicaly but it has to be done so here goes again with my view

a state visit to the uk doesnt embaress the queen because she is beyond politics, a symbol and an embassador the real lady behind the crown will do an excilent job and welcome our best friend in the world

and thats coming from someone who isnt technicaly a royalist just bassed on the familys human rights

come on liberals offer some counter arguments without hysteria or try to make sence of the trum truth
What bothers me is how parts of the left put words into their opponents mouth, then attack that position. When the person then does something which indicates that they were wrong with their assumption, instead of admitting they were wrong, they just call them a hypocrite.
What are you on about? If you changed your mind in favor of him then you are just another lost soul in a devil's pocket.

He has bragged about his forced sexual conquests, he has humiliated reporters for being female or disabled, he as lied through the teeth to convince his herd of supporters to get on board with his ********, he has run fraudulent business in that "univesity" garbage, he has incited violence among his herd "promising" legal protection, he showed his "presidential" temperament by sacking Sally Yates for failing to convince his policy.....

God it's already turning in to a wall of text. **** that.

A larval autocrat is what Trump wants to be and his past actions and behavior are spitting that at you.
Good choice, I used to be left-wing too, but went away from that after seeing what the new generation of left wing politics has become.
Not to say I am a Trump supporter cause I am not, since I disagree with him on a few topics like climate change, but the media/left wing witch hunt for Trump has been embarrassing.
Reply 8
Original post by ohyeah12

im not agreeing with what he is doing but please fellow liberals stop saying hes sexist, racist, xenephobic, and a nazi because your just missing the oportunity to do real research and put a real argument forward against his real views

now with the knowledge of knowing the media and Trump are both lying discuss here what you think that midle truth is likley to be?

note, the truth might be extreem sometimes but i doubt its all the time

This. This is one of the most disgusting things the so-called 'loving liberals' do. You can't wear dreadlocks as a white person, because culture appropriation, but calling a white man and his family names is fine, because reasons.
I don't support Trump, I think he is giving too much power to hate, but if all your arguments resolve around 'Trump is a di*k and if you don't agree you are racist, xenophobe, sexist, cis-scumbag then I'd rather listen to Trump's supporters.
To be honest I kinda agree with you in principle. The Left have declined monumentally. They've shifted from progressive class-based politics to regressive identity-based politics. As a result the reactionary and far-right are having a field day, with no legitimate opposition to hold them to account.
The truth is not arbitrary, it is fact. Alternative facts, are not facts, they are falsehoods.

You can search my post history, you will find very anti-Islam posts. And yet I, actually as do Trump supporters / right wingers too, the way he has gone about this issue is completely horrendous. Or according to your logic, the truth is climate change is somewhere in the middle (of what scientists say and what Trump says). Wow.

By your logic, someone has just to oppose something completely and then the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I don't even.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TaintedLight
What are you on about? If you changed your mind in favor of him then you are just another lost soul in a devil's pocket.

He has bragged about his forced sexual conquests, he has humiliated reporters for being female or disabled, he as lied through the teeth to convince his herd of supporters to get on board with his ********, he has run fraudulent business in that "univesity" garbage, he has incited violence among his herd "promising" legal protection, he showed his "presidential" temperament by sacking Sally Yates for failing to convince his policy.....

God it's already turning in to a wall of text. **** that.

A larval autocrat is what Trump wants to be and his past actions and behavior are spitting that at you.

The is no evidence Trump has forcced anyone into sex. No women have said this. That reporter wasn't humiliated. Trump just mocked the guy who was granted an interview with a promise of a particular sort of article but delivered something totally different. Trump should have smacked him. He had it coming. You don't know the first thing about that university thing. Sally should have been fired.

But I encourage you to keep posting similar comments. The consensus is that such comments were invaluable in gaining support for Trump from undecided voters and now from those who may not have supported him but after witnessing him in action and no evidence of anything but a sterling character having surfaced, wish to support him.
Original post by oldercon1953
The is no evidence Trump has forcced anyone into sex. No women have said this. That reporter wasn't humiliated. Trump just mocked the guy who was granted an interview with a promise of a particular sort of article but delivered something totally different. Trump should have smacked him. He had it coming. You don't know the first thing about that university thing. Sally should have been fired.

But I encourage you to keep posting similar comments. The consensus is that such comments were invaluable in gaining support for Trump from undecided voters and now from those who may not have supported him but after witnessing him in action and no evidence of anything but a sterling character having surfaced, wish to support him.

ok...
ok...
ok... that's it.

Clearly as valuable as getting outvoted by about 3 million people. Isn't it? Anyways you are on of those kind that will lick trump's arse even if he shot someone in the middle of NYC. You are beyond helping.
Reply 13
This clip talks about Obama's last act (about 1:00 onwards), just wondered what people think about it & the way he did it?
Original post by TaintedLight
ok...
ok...
ok... that's it.

Clearly as valuable as getting outvoted by about 3 million people. Isn't it? Anyways you are on of those kind that will lick trump's arse even if he shot someone in the middle of NYC. You are beyond helping.

What is it about so.many on the left that, when confronted with factual arguments immediately resort to personal abuse and name calling?
Original post by caravaggio2
What is it about so.many on the left that, when confronted with factual arguments immediately resort to personal abuse and name calling?

I see rich irony. Anyways do you consider the claim "someone should be smacked" as a factual argument?

Alternatively let me know what factual arguement was I "confronted" with
Life is pointless, politics is pointless, just let the world do what it does and do what makes you happy
Reply 17
im a liberal so i can say this with confidence, the one thing that blew my mind in life that liberals and myself find hard to understand is that you can do what you want in life; booooom; liberals heads exploding

thats all trumps doing he represents a view that most americans have right now and thats democracy he and they can think what they want so lets stop saying its wrong and say why its wrong instead, republicans will be much more greatful for new information
Reply 18
proof that the trump administration are ofering extreme oposite views so we have goal posts and can make up our own minds is that kellyann conway just made up a massacre as an aposing view on the travel ban

if one side says its stupid and wrong and the other says we need it because we had an attack because we didn't have this in place whats the middle truth, the trump truth, its that if we dont put these things in place we might have a real masacre.
Reply 19
why am i still not finding any media stations that know about this trump truth im talking about, iv heared them refere to trumps lies as alternative truth but never ever explain it, i refuse to believe that im smarter than the ten television network media departments in over four different countries i watch, its almost like they dont want to explain it? or maybe theres something i dont know?

well ill explain again why we all need to give trump a chance, a long chance even if your a liberal like me, esspecialy if your a liberal

because of echo chamberes in social media, thats when social media organisations use computer equasions to give us what we want based on there percieved view of our personalities, we live in little bubbles that dont experience alternative points of view

so we have become extreme in our views, and the media has become biast in its own media bubble, or echo chamber

the way that the media bubble is spreding its own message with no alternative view is by claiming trump is sexist racist xenaphobic and a lier but if you look really really close you will see that its not true even if it looks like that

so what trumps been doing is give the extreem view of what ever is said about him, the complete opposite of what ever view you say about him because he knows that that is the only way to get people to make there own minds up because now they have a frame or a goalpost or a model for both sides of the argument

when you think about it, hes taking all this bad press for the sake of all of us

please back down liberals i know its hard to admit when your wrong especialy when your so wrong but like every president he will have something real to critisise eventualy but we wont see it if we keep being hysterical

hes just trying to tackle fake news which is a real problem, its also how putin and china are taking advantage of us so its really important he lies right now, although if you look close you will see hes not technicaly lying

seems like were ahead of the media in here, so if im wrong someone tel me why

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending