The Student Room Group

Liberals seem to be incapable of comprehending what the "Muslim Ban" is about

Scroll to see replies

The ban has nothing to do with keeping Americans safe, as this chart shows (it counts the number of Americans, killed on American soil, by citizens of these countries, since 1975).

Only credulous, mentally-ill Trumpanzees take this ban seriously

Cute. 6 of the 7 countries are showered with bombs and airstrikes. In the last 15 years. No thanks to the States.

To quote Chris Murphy, "We bomb your country, creating a humanitarian nightmare, then lock you inside. That's a horror movie, not a foreign policy.
Original post by fleky6910
Thanks for the truth Jammy!
@Bornblue I could've guessed you'd be biased and give me a left wing article to prove it:biggrin:!

TH guardian article was from 0118 on 28th. THe FCO advice appeared on 29th after multiple discussions between reps of UK and US.

What the Guardian wrote was neither lies nor biased. It was and is an evolving story. Even now there are multiple stories of people being turned away, of extreme variance by officials in how they interpret the order and ongoing confusion.

Why would the FCO website states all the groups who the order doesnt apply to. And yet a BBC reporter who was born in Iran, flew into US from UK, who is now a British Citizen possessing only a British passport was taken away for extra screening, has his phone checked etc.
That implies that despite the FCO 'information' the reaity on the ground is different.
Original post by astutehirstute

But that doesn't mean that UK Muslims entering the US do not constitute a much higher statistical risk of being a terrorist than non Muslims. And that almost all UK Muslims are from the diaspora of Muslim countries..

I would say the national security and safety of the US has far more to fear from mentally unwell white British citizens than British muslims. Least thats what recent history suggests...
Original post by HAnwar
Yeah just act like nothing's happened.

InshAllah soon :wink:

Yes. It's a shame no Muslim country follows it properly.
And please don't bring up Saudi Arabia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you feel that Saudi Arabia does not properly follow Islamic culture? What aspects of Islamic culture does it not follow? Or does it follow any norms that are not Islamic in nature?
Original post by AlexanderHam
The ban has nothing to do with keeping Americans safe, as this chart shows (it counts the number of Americans, killed on American soil, by citizens of these countries, since 1975).

Only credulous, mentally-ill Trumpanzees take this ban seriously

Zero Americans have been killed by Iraqi citizens? Have you not heard of something called the Iraq war?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bornblue
The US embassy has now confirmed that the ban does apply to dual nationals. So much for Boris Johnson's statement...

We'll see, this will probably be negotiated.
I never said I supported the ban by the way!
Original post by Jamie
I would say the national security and safety of the US has far more to fear from mentally unwell white British citizens than British muslims. Least thats what recent history suggests...

It does?

How so prey tell.
just stop being so negative and stop frustrating trump trying to do his job

****ing snowflake libtards should stop complaining, especially since Obama has done similar policies under his presidential terms e.g 2011 OBAMA suspended ALL Iraqi refugees for 6 MONTHS compared to TRUMPS 3 MONTHS
Original post by Ladbants
Zero Americans have been killed by Iraqi citizens? Have you not heard of something called the Iraq war?

It was obviously referring to within the US.

You do know the US started the Iraq War. How many Iraqis compared to Americans were killed?
Original post by 999tigger
It was obviously referring to within the US.

You do know the US started the Iraq War. How many Iraqis compared to Americans were killed?

Who cares? That's not what the thread is about
Original post by Ladbants
Who cares? That's not what the thread is about

Lol you were the one making the point not me and now suddenly it does matter. hilarious.
Reply 152
Original post by VV Cephei A
6 out of 7 countries on the ban list are active war zones. Which means they have unstable governments, poor infrastructure, and consequently poor documentation of their citizens, undermining any vetting process that might be employed during their immigration to the US.

For the most part, we have no idea who the people coming over from these countries are. Sure, most may be good people fleeing a conflict, but until there is a reliable way to evaluate the background of these individuals, it's anyone's guess.

That's what this ban is about. Temporarily limiting immigration from countries where it is difficult to assess citizens prior to granting them legal entry to the US, until measures have been implemented to do this.

It has nothing to do with "Muslims". Out of the 10 countries with the highest Muslim populations in the world, only one is on this list.

What about the 7th?

Wgen you say the countries with most Muslim, surely a % of that country's population is a more reliable metric?

No idea how many Muslims in Lebanon, say the whole population is Muslim, but there is 10 million of them, Nigeria had 170million people, 50% Muslim, that's 85 million Muslims, 8.5 times that of Lebanon but you wouldn't call Nigeria a Muslim country as you would Lebanon.

And in terms of vetting process, neither my parents had birth certificates or knew their correct date of birth when they migrated, they're not from any of these countries, my point being many countries can be properly vetted, why are they not on this list?
Original post by dmz
What about the 7th?

Wgen you say the countries with most Muslim, surely a % of that country's population is a more reliable metric?

No idea how many Muslims in Lebanon, say the whole population is Muslim, but there is 10 million of them, Nigeria had 170million people, 50% Muslim, that's 85 million Muslims, 8.5 times that of Lebanon but you wouldn't call Nigeria a Muslim country as you would Lebanon.

And in terms of vetting process, neither my parents had birth certificates or knew their correct date of birth when they migrated, they're not from any of these countries, my point being many countries can be properly vetted, why are they not on this list?

The 7th is Iran a sworn enemy of the USA
Reply 154
Original post by joecphillips
The 7th is Iran a sworn enemy of the USA

Ha, he was saying why the 6 were banned and claiming it had nothing to do with religion, I was curious what he thought the reason was for the 7th country banned
Original post by joe cooley
It does?

How so prey tell.

Well in the last 10 years there were 2 British hackers with mental health issues hacking into sensitive US departments (Defence in one case) and then we have the white mentally unstable kid who tried to 'assassinate' Trump.
versus one guy trying to detonate his shoe.

unless u know of other british muslims who have attacked the US
It's funny how the liberals are outraged when a right wing republican puts a TEMPORARY ban on refugees from Muslim Majority countries, but where were the protests when OBAMA BOMBED THE SAME COUNTRIES TRUMP IS TEMPORARILY BANNING REFUGEES FROM
Original post by Jamie
Well in the last 10 years there were 2 British hackers with mental health issues hacking into sensitive US departments (Defence in one case) and then we have the white mentally unstable kid who tried to 'assassinate' Trump.
versus one guy trying to detonate his shoe.

unless u know of other british muslims who have attacked the US

Basically you came up with one leftwing ******* who wanted to kill Trump compared to one Muslim ******* who wanted to kill hundreds on a passenger plane.

Well done.
Original post by joe cooley
Basically you came up with one leftwing ******* who wanted to kill Trump compared to one Muslim ******* who wanted to kill hundreds on a passenger plane.

Well done.

You wanna join the Tories in the mhoc??
Original post by tomywomy
It's funny how the liberals are outraged when a right wing republican puts a TEMPORARY ban on refugees from Muslim Majority countries, but where were the protests when OBAMA BOMBED THE SAME COUNTRIES TRUMP IS TEMPORARILY BANNING REFUGEES FROM

Strange lot the left.

Trump suggests waterboarding may be effective but will take the advice of the military and intelligence community, total pant wetting SJW tantrum mode.

Obama has weekly meetings to update his death list, kills hundreds with drone strikes, plenty of "collateral" damage,AKA women and children the left.......Meh, no biggie!

Rank hypocrisy of the highest order.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending