The Student Room Group

Say no to Donald Trump's state visit to Britain

Scroll to see replies

Original post by admonit
In fact sixteen Muslim countries forbid admission to Israeli passport holders. Eight of them do not allow entry to people with evidence of travel to Israel.

Apparently the SJW contingent are perfectly fine with Muslim nations forbidding admission to Israelis.

They claim it has something to do with a lower moral standard being deployed when judging the actions of Muslims as opposed to non Muslims like Trump and the US.

Most peculiar.
No - people who sign this should ask themselves if this will strengthen our relations.

Spoiler

^THIS. Unfortunately, we have to have some sort of working relationship with the new Administration. By turning our back in a huff, we can't even hope to temper his ridiculous ideas with some good old British common sense. We've got to be realistic about this, much as 'welcoming' Trump will stick in our craw.
Reply 83
Original post by RogerOxon
That is an opinion, with which many in the US disagree.

It doesn't make sense to say that, because other vile things haven't been protested, people are wrong to do something this time.
More people agree with him than disagree.

There are many countries around the globe that have bans on residents from certain countries. The truth is that If Obama had done this then nobody would have said or done anything because the pussies are afraid of protesting against a black man! But because Trump is a white, heterosexual male then he is fair game for the weirdos!
Original post by Lh030396
Better to be a ❄️ than a Trump supporter!!

You don't see the bigger picture, do you? I myself disagree with many of Trumps policies; however, it's in our nations best interests to maintain good relations with the largest economy on the world.

We are Little Britain, and we need all the friends we can get. We've made enough enemies.
Reply 85
Theres almost 1.5 million signatures now lmao
Reply 86
Where did that £360 million go that was supposed to go to the NHS?
Wow, the dizzying heights of 52% vs. 48%!! What a humongous margin you beat us by! 0.6% growth in final quarter when we're still in the EU. Come back and say that when we actually leave the EU in 100 years time.

And why are you childishly turning this into a left vs. right debate? You are aware of the fact that a person is perfectly able to despise Trump and NOT be a 'leftie liberal'?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Google22
Lol is this a joke?

Are the left gonna petition everyone that they don't like? First brexit, now this lmao.

Accept the fact he's president ffs and co-operate with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, let's go and blow up the White House instead!!
I don't see the problem with him visiting, will give Prince Philip someone to talk to without danger of causing offence for a change...
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Can I invite you to read the actual text of the petition please?

"Donald Trump should be allowed to enter the UK in his capacity as head of the US Government, but he should not be invited to make an official State Visit because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen."
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

On top if everything else you know what the queen thinks then? Care to share? Whatever her personal views they won't be apparent. She'll carry out the duty as required with the usual dignity
Wow, the dizzying heights of 52% vs. 48%!! What a humongous margin you beat us by! 0.6% growth in final quarter when we're still in the EU. Come back and say that when we actually leave the EU in 100 years time.

And why are you childishly turning this into a left vs. right debate? You are aware of the fact that a person is perfectly able to despise Trump and NOT be a 'leftie liberal'?

Not getting into the brexit debate.
However I want to call you out on your comments that everyone who voted leave was an idiot.
Please do not make sweeping generalisations. How intelligent are you really ?
Clever people did vote leave, please do not make generalisation. I can call all lefties stupid in the same way as you have classed every who voted for brexit stupid. Its not accurate ( even though you or I may think it is true)
(edited 7 years ago)
I say yes
Original post by nutz99
You are like sheep to the slaughter following causes that have no real substance.

Where were all these leftie morons when the Chinese president visited in 2015. Did you see any protests when Obama stopped Iraqis from coming to the US for 6 months no I didn't either. I don't see mass protests about the Christian genocide happening in the 7 banned countries - obviously killing Christians is nowhere near as hurting someones feelings by giving them a temporary ban.

If Muslims want to go to another country why pick a country on the other side of the world. Why pick a Christian country. Why pick a country that doesn't want you. There are plenty of safe havens in other countries in the Middle East that are Muslim countries.

Trump is doing what is right for America. He has introduced a short term ban so that more stringent vetting procedures can be introduced.

For all you know the Queen may actually agree with Trump!

I suppose you also don't give a toss that 16 countries have banned entry to anyone with an Israeli passport.

Yeah, but Obama was cool and charismatic, that's why we like him. Sure he wasn't perfect but what politician is? However, he sure as hell was not a bloated, orange twice-bankrupt failed businessman with the intelligence, articulation and temperament of a tantrum-throwing two year old who is living off the name and success of his far superior father.

Highest amount of terror attacks in US are caused by bitter working class white trash Americans who shoot up schools because they cannot face the fact that THEY are the ones to blame for their own failings... not foreigners, not liberals, not SJWs, not the rich, not politicians, not homosexuals, not feminists, not Muslims, not athiests, etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fleky6910
Not getting into the brexit debate.
However I want to call you out on your comments that everyone who voted leave was an idiot.
Please do not make sweeping generalisations. How intelligent are you really ?
Clever people did vote leave, please do not make generalisation. I can call all lefties stupid in the same way as you have classed every who voted for brexit stupid. Its not accurate ( even though you or I may think it is true)

And you shouldn't make sweeping accusations. I never once said that people who voted leave were stupid. Misguided and naive perhaps, but not stupid...
Original post by epoddoulc
You don't see the bigger picture, do you? I myself disagree with many of Trumps policies; however, it's in our nations best interests to maintain good relations with the largest economy on the world.

We are Little Britain, and we need all the friends we can get. We've made enough enemies.

The largest economy in the world will soon be in the toilet with Trump at its helm. The guy is against globalisation for God's sake!! You can't be President of the US and against globalisation. There's no way of stopping it, it's inevitable.
And you shouldn't make sweeping accusations. I never once said that people who voted leave were stupid. Misguided and naive perhaps, but not stupid...

If you voted for Brexit you're in no position to talk about political awareness. Next...

Again in your response you have generalised .
Again please illustrate why you are so clever !
(GCSE grades , a levels of perhaps any economics qualification or degree please) but even then there are people that are considered very clever that voted leave 👍. I would however like to know what makes you think that your smart and above the average person which give you the right to call them naive and misguided !
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RainbowMan
The UK has a very strong interest in maintaining good relations with the US now that it has ditched the Continent. So whilst I regard Trump as an ignorant buffoon (and have not shied away from criticising him severely in the past), it is interests that ought to guide foreign policy, not romantic attachments.

Ditched the continent?!

We left (are leaving) the trading block and bureaucratic cesspit that is the EU.
Would rep but can't, lets wait for his intelligence justification and why he think he is smarter then every single leave voter/supporter
(edited 3 years ago)
That would be an incredibly foolish diplomatic decision. 'Snub the leader of the free world and the UK's closest ally.' You know, the one you're trying to get a good trade deal with? Very smart.

It doesn't matter if the man's an ass. He is visiting as the President of the United States , not just as Donald J. Trump. Deal with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending