The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
Imperial thought I was an international student and I've been given an interview and an offer. Now I contacted them and they changed my status to Home/EU. Hence I think their selection criteria for students is the same as home students.
Original post by InternationalDoc
Why are you disappointed? Because of the BMAT?

Yes !! Its not that great . But still hoping for an invite for the interview .
Original post by rwuk
Only this message, but I received a separate newsletter in a different email.

I didn't receive this, is this normal ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by oey99
Imperial thought I was an international student and I've been given an interview and an offer. Now I contacted them and they changed my status to Home/EU. Hence I think their selection criteria for students is the same as home students.

How do you know whether they think you're home or international? Thanks!
Reply 1344
There might be a chance that some of you who had interviews will hear back in 20 Minutes. Keep us updated and good luck everyone!
Reply 1345
Original post by ChiefKwen
I didn't receive this, is this normal ?

Not sure. Have you received any other acknowledgement of your application from them?
Reply 1346
Original post by Medic17
Yes !! Its not that great . But still hoping for an invite for the interview .

What did you score in the BMAT if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by rwuk
What did you score in the BMAT if you don't mind me asking?

Not so great 5.1 , 4.5 . 2.5 A but if they look at PS and Grades than there might be a chance it's just Luck
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rwuk
When did you call them?

Today
Heya guys, I just wanted to quiz you guys on the offers Imperial gives out. I had an offer from Cambridge the other week for A*A*A in any of Bio, Chem and Maths. That's obvs a really high offer and I have another two interviews at Imperial and Queen Mary. I will be looking to firm a uni with AAA offer just so I am sort of in a good position to definitely be going to med school if you get me? Do any of you know of Imperial giving offers for AAA because I don't want to not insure Imperial because it's definitely my second choice just don't know if I wanna risk HAVING to get an A* in something just in case it all goes to pot😂😂😂
Thanks for any help in advance,
Elliott.
Original post by Elliottmanwaring
Heya guys, I just wanted to quiz you guys on the offers Imperial gives out. I had an offer from Cambridge the other week for A*A*A in any of Bio, Chem and Maths. That's obvs a really high offer and I have another two interviews at Imperial and Queen Mary. I will be looking to firm a uni with AAA offer just so I am sort of in a good position to definitely be going to med school if you get me? Do any of you know of Imperial giving offers for AAA because I don't want to not insure Imperial because it's definitely my second choice just don't know if I wanna risk HAVING to get an A* in something just in case it all goes to pot😂😂😂
Thanks for any help in advance,
Elliott.

Imperial wants A*AA i think . Barts need AAA . May i know your stats like Gcse and predicted if you don't mind
From reading through this thread, I'm getting the idea that Imperial let you know the verdict of your interview at 10pm in the evening? Is that true? A wee bit confused.
Anybody else get the email from Imperial saying they have 300 applicants still to consider for interview and extending the deadline from end of Jan. Still hope for those of us who are waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medella
Anybody else get the email from Imperial saying they have 300 applicants still to consider for interview and extending the deadline from end of Jan. Still hope for those of us who are waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

no, haven't received it. would you mind sharing the email on the thread?
Reply 1354
Original post by Medella

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I received that. Although I am a bit skeptical as they probably have only a minimal number of offers remaining.

Fingers crossed though, and good luck :smile:

P.S. What is your BMAT if you don't mind me asking? (Just curious)
Original post by Medic17
Imperial wants A*AA i think . Barts need AAA . May i know your stats like Gcse and predicted if you don't mind

Yes I agree, was just wondering if they'd given out any AAA offers because it says on the website the minimum offer is AAA but the general is A*AA. Wondering if people had actually gotten AAA.
GCSE: 5A* 5As + Distinction in Additional Maths
AS: AAAA with 92% UMS avg.
A2 PREDICTION: A*A*A*A*
BMAT: 4.9 4.7 2.5A
You a year 12 student currently?
Original post by Medella

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you an international applicant? When did you receive this mail? May I know your BMAT score?
Original post by rwuk
Yes I received that. Although I am a bit skeptical as they probably have only a minimal number of offers remaining.

Fingers crossed though, and good luck :smile:

P.S. What is your BMAT if you don't mind me asking? (Just curious)

Are you an international applicant? When did you receive this mail? May I know your BMAT score?
Reply 1358
Original post by Medcraze

I'm a home student. I scored poorly in the BMAT (not to make excuses but I was ill on the day) - 4.9 (Sec.1), 4.5 (Sec. 2) and 4.5A (Essay)

I'm predicted A*AA and got an A for my AS that I am not carrying forward.

I received the email this afternoon.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Elliottmanwaring
Yes I agree, was just wondering if they'd given out any AAA offers because it says on the website the minimum offer is AAA but the general is A*AA. Wondering if people had actually gotten AAA.
GCSE: 5A* 5As + Distinction in Additional Maths
AS: AAAA with 92% UMS avg.
A2 PREDICTION: A*A*A*A*
BMAT: 4.9 4.7 2.5A
You a year 12 student currently?

I achieved A*AA with the A* in maths. hmm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending