The Student Room Group

Should I do AS Level Maths in my A2 Year??

hi! I am seriously thinking about doing maths AS in my senior 6th year as I am thinking of doing a combined economics/ PPE degree (but when I chose my A Levels I was going down a different career path, hence why I didn't take it in the first place). I am also taking Economics, Geography and Biology A Levels. Teachers have said it is definitely doable and i am capable, but it is a little extra work. Is this a good idea????
Reply 1
Original post by lahm2017
hi! I am seriously thinking about doing maths AS in my senior 6th year as I am thinking of doing a combined economics/ PPE degree (but when I chose my A Levels I was going down a different career path, hence why I didn't take it in the first place). I am also taking Economics, Geography and Biology A Levels. Teachers have said it is definitely doable and i am capable, but it is a little extra work. Is this a good idea????

I found that AS level maths wasnt that challenging. If youre doing A2 biology and economics then theres quite a bit of overlap with S1 and C1 is basically GCSE maths so C2 is your main problem. TBH with maths if you get the concept youre sorted
Reply 2
Original post by Himtiaz
I found that AS level maths wasnt that challenging. If youre doing A2 biology and economics then theres quite a bit of overlap with S1 and C1 is basically GCSE maths so C2 is your main problem. TBH with maths if you get the concept youre sorted

yeah that's what teachers said too. but you definitely don't think it will be an overwhelming workload?
Reply 3
Original post by lahm2017
yeah that's what teachers said too. but you definitely don't think it will be an overwhelming workload?

Not really no
Reply 4
C1 is free UMS, C2 isn't really too difficult either, you'd probably take S1 given your current A Level combination, and even S1 isn't too bad.

Definitely take AS maths if you can especially as you want to do an econ related subject at uni

Quick Reply

Latest