The Student Room Group

Righteous Anger Sweeps UK against Trump's FAscist Muslim Ban

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
Yes, fair comment. When you combine holocaust denial with the deliberate stirring of race hate against a specific minority community and a desire to stir up war with other nations, then yes, you have what is basically a Nazi government in the making.

Why aren't you protesting against the 16 nations which forbid admission to Israeli passport holders?
Original post by Mathemagicien
Hitler wrote Mein Kampf and published it in 1925. He literally told everyone what he wanted to do. Just like TRump. Trump broadcasted his fascist intentions.

Hindsight is 20/20. Yes democracy can be flawed but can you say for certainty that this is an instance of flawed democracy? You claim just because Hitler being democratically was bad so is trump being elected but would you have claimed this back when Hitler was elected? Of course not. Not to mention just because that democratic example is flawed doesn't mean this is? Many democracies aren't flawed so it's wrong to only compare this with Hitler's election.
Like John Lennon sang "Imagine there was no religion"
idiots calling it fascist and comparing him to Hitler, learn a bit of bloody history before you call people Hitler and calling Conservatives the alt-right/Neo Nazis, you are insane and should reevaluate what you are saying.
Yes, fair comment. When you combine holocaust denial with the deliberate stirring of race hate against a specific minority community and a desire to stir up war with other nations, then yes, you have what is basically a Nazi government in the making.

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.

What is to be done about it? How about a strongly critical column in the Guardian Comment is Free Section?

And a BBC journalist saying how awful Trump is to camera?

All good, all useful, but let's face it these are Nazis we are facing, so would even that be enough?

I've got it, I know, let's all sign a snowflake petition! Say how triggered we are!

:rofl:
Original post by astutehirstute
Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.

What is to be done about it? How about a strongly critical column in the Guardian Comment is Free Section?

And a BBC journalist saying how awful Trump is to camera?

All good, all useful, but let's face it these are Nazis we are facing, so would even that be enough?

I've got it, I know, let's all sign a snowflake petition! Say how triggered we are!

:rofl:

Why are you such a troll?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hitler was elected democratically. We have to accept that democracy is flawed, and it is up to us the people to destroy fascism whenever it rears its ugly head, elected or not.

Only post #7 and you've already thrown the debate, I think it's one of the quickest shifts to Hitler I've seen for some time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hitler was elected democratically. We have to accept that democracy is flawed, and it is up to us the people to destroy fascism whenever it rears its ugly head, elected or not.

Spoken like a true fascist. Listen to yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
Only post #7 and you've already thrown the debate, I think it's one of the quickest shifts to Hitler I've seen for some time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, who does he think he is? Boris Johnson?
(edited 7 years ago)
At this rate everything will be facist.
Original post by Bornblue
Why are you such a troll?

Seeing such a thread I thought it would be rude not to enter into its spirit. :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by stoyfan
At this rate everything will be facist.

Only people who don't agree with everything they say
Original post by uberteknik
Some of the people can be pleased all of the time.
All of the people can be pleased some of the time.
It's impossible to please all of the people all of the time.

I'm no fan of Trump, but this just reeks of Trump's adversaries whipping up a frenzy because - they lost and can't bear it.

Everyone had the chance to vote, but hey, it's the majority of the voting population in outstanding hubris that decided not to.

Trump won his authority fairly and now has a term in office which the law say's he can be voted out AFTER his term comes to and end.
This.

So far Trump's not really done anything that anybody else would have taken flak for. The big fuss that was made about the abortion bill... which has been repealed and reenacted repeatedly ever since Ronald Reagan first passed it in 1987 or whenever. But it's only become a Big Thing recently because it happened to be Donald Trump's turn to repeal the abortion bill.

The ban on Muslims entering the US from countries which have become notable for terrorist activities is, frankly, something nobody should be surprised at, and as he's president and there's nothing that can really (realistically) be done about that, the world has no other options than to simply take him at his word (for the time being) and hope that what he's doing turns out to be for the best.

At the end of the day, the situation we have is simply one to make the best of. Just like with the whole Brexit fiasco; we don't like the situation we're in, but we don't have a choice now, because we made our choice. We just have to do what we can to make the future we've made for ourselves as comfortable and hopeful as we can.
I don't see why British people would be protesting about a policy taken by the United States which does not affect British citizens. The United States is responsible for their own policies on refugees and immigration. Their borders, their decision. Let's focus on our own issues and respect the decisions taken by our allies.
(edited 7 years ago)
A fascist coup is being attempted in the world's largest power. Does it surprise you that it is being discussed? :rolleyes:

This liberal paranoia is unbelievable.
Reply 35
Original post by joecphillips
Except it isn't a Muslim ban

It should read anger sweeps the uk after trump follows Obamas lead

We have no time for your alternative facts https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/01/29/trumps-facile-claim-that-his-refugee-policy-is-similar-to-obama-in-2011/?utm_term=.e6171b7d5355
Reply 36

It's not an alternative fact.

Did Obama stopp processing applications from Iraqis? Simple yes or no answer please
Original post by Ladbants
I don't see why British people would be protesting about a policy taken by the United States which does not affect British citizens. The United States is responsible for their own policies on refugees and immigration. Their borders, their decision. Let's focus on our own issues and respect the decisions taken by our allies.

The ban also affects those with dual citizenship. If you were born in Britain but also happen to have a Libyan passport because your parent's signed you up for one, tough luck!
Reply 39
Original post by joecphillips
It's not an alternative fact.

Did Obama stopp processing applications from Iraqis? Simple yes or no answer please

No. If you read the article during Obama's review phase every month saw iraqi refugee's enter the country, just at a lower rate due to changes being made in policy. So there was no ban, there was a significantly slower rate of entrance due to delays in processing though. Hardly comparable to trump's policy.

Original post by biglad2k16
Washington post = FAKE NEWS, FAKER THAN CNN

If the news is sourced as it is in that specific article then you should take it into account. But then if you're just going to shout fake news at everything then you won't get any where near the full picture.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending