The Student Room Group

Hitchens hitchslaps the alt-right from beyond the grave

Boom! Both barrels! Take that, Nazis.

[video="youtube;SSBHsElmkiA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSBHsElmkiA[/video]
Original post by Mathemagicien
Stop calling them alt-right, they are neo-nazis, whatever mask they hide behind.

Is the alt-right not effectively neo-Nazi in orientation?

[video="youtube;1o6-bi3jlxk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Stop calling them alt-right, they are neo-nazis, whatever mask they hide behind.

Ahh sorry, I mistook your point. I completely agree; these neo-Nazis should be called what they are
Also.. dang, Hitch with those come hither eyes and the rakish hair :sexface:
Nice to see Hitch again! :love: :sad:

Seizing on the Islamist terror campaigns has been a gift to the far right. They couldn't have done better from it and their attitude, focused on attacking Muslims-for-being-Muslims, as Trump is doing, also plays neatly into the hands of the Jihadis.

A cynic might wonder if there is some kind of deal going on between ISIL, Breitbart, Farage and Le Pen.
Yes. ISIS want an caliphate in the middle east. They need fighters. The far-right will isolate and deport muslims. Lots of volunteers for ISIS. And then the far-right will point at ISIS and say "look! muslims are terrorists!" and this will only feed further into ISIS's hands.

Like in 1984, how the continents keep their populations in control through constant war with each other. They are all in it together, the leaders of the continents, but their populaces made to hate each other to keep them under control. The far-right approach of division and hatred.

Sounds just like Islam
Islam tells its followers to help the poor. Islam tells its followers to respect people regardless of race. Islam goes beyond the petty nation state. Does not sound like the far-right to me.

You're correct. Islam simply demands uniformity of thought and seeks to dominate the globe to that end. It's different, though I'm not sure if it's better.
Islam tells its followers to help the poor. Islam tells its followers to respect people regardless of race. Islam goes beyond the petty nation state. Does not sound like the far-right to me.

Islam teaches its followers to kill apostates, kill LGBTs, stone adulterers, make nonbelievers pay a tax or convert, wear a hijab if they're women and marry children. Sounds very far right to me.
Reply 8
I'm not going to bother watching all of that but from what I saw it was based around the false premise of "white supremacy".

Here's a better question - why should any European people tolerate being ethnically replaced in their own homelands? Why are countries such as Japan, S Korea, Israel and various other countries around the globe allowed to practice ethno-nationalism but European countries have to be "diverse" and eventually mix until their is none of them left?

I have NEVER recieved a satisfactory answer to this no matter how intelligent the person is.
Original post by housat

Here's a better question - why should any European people tolerate being ethnically replaced in their own homelands? Why are countries such as Japan, S Korea, Israel and various other countries around the globe allowed to practice ethno-nationalism but European countries have to be "diverse" and eventually mix until their is none of them left?

I have NEVER recieved a satisfactory answer to this no matter how intelligent the person is.

Israel is 20% Arab, whereas the UK is 87% White (in fact, the number of Whites in the UK grew by almost 2% from 2001 to 2011). This White "genocide" thing doesn't seem to be working, does it?
Reply 10
Original post by Palmyra
Israel is 20% Arab, whereas the UK is 87% White (in fact, the number of Whites in the UK grew by almost 2% from 2001 to 2011). This White "genocide" thing doesn't seem to be working, does it?

Doesn't matter, it's an ethnostate explicitely FOR the Jewish people. It's also an extremely segregated society and the government is openly panicking about being outbred by their Arab minority and thinking of measures to stop that happening.

Meanwhile the EU and USA pump millions into spreading pro-"diversity" propaganda to countries like Poland and Estonia to prepare them for the inevitable invasion they will be forced to undergo.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by housat
Doesn't matter, it's an ethnostate explicitely FOR the Jewish people. It's also an extremely segregated society and the government is openly panicking about being outbred by their Arab minority and thinking of measures to stop that happening.

And it is increasingly being condemned and campaigned against (quite rightly) for reasons including those.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hitchens was such a G

I like the term Alt-Reich
Reply 14
Original post by anarchism101
And it is increasingly being condemned and campaigned against (quite rightly) for reasons including those.

Not really. It's condemned for excessive violence and land grabbing, but few people condemn it for being an ethno-state, and those that do are operating off of the premise that Jews are a white Western people.

When is Japan criticised? South Korea? Both have ethnocenterism ingrained in law.
Reply 15
Original post by Zargabaath
I like the term Alt-Reich

I can guarantee that the few people in that picture that aren't FBI operatives have never heard the term "alt-right".
Original post by housat
Not really. It's condemned for excessive violence and land grabbing, but few people condemn it for being an ethno-state

Those come to the fore because they're the international law violations, but increasingly, particularly with BDS and the decreasingly likelihood of a 2-state solution, we're seeing an increasing tendency to view the conflict in more comprehensive terms, and through the lens of Israel as an essentially ethnocentric and or settler-colonial society.

When is Japan criticised? South Korea? Both have ethnocenterism ingrained in law.

Well, for a start I'd say those informed about it certainly do note it. For example, Brian Myers, one of the foremost experts on North Korean ideology and society, who argues that North Korea is an institutionally racist state, has also made it very clear that South Korean society is also virulently racist. See also the work of Emma Campbell on the topic.

In terms of "why doesn't it receive as much attention and protest in the West?", I'd say there are three reasons (bear in mind these are explanations, not justifications):
i) It's far away, and feels less relevant to the average Westerner. Same reason why in the early 1990s Westerners were much more interested in the genocide in Bosnia than the much larger one in Rwanda.
ii) They don't fit with the popular perception about the Far East's post-WW2 history. North Korea is so horrific and oppressive that South Korea's very serious flaws have always tended to be ignored. Similarly, Japanese endemic racism doesn't really fit with the narrative that Japan abandoned its fascistic nationalist tendencies after 1945.
iii) In both cases, the racism is de facto mostly focused against black people, South Asians and West Asians. White visitors and immigrants rarely encouter it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending