The Student Room Group

Toddlers kill more Americans in the US than jihadists.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by KingHarold
More people are killed by falling off horses or donkeys than terrorists, I expect.
Yeah? Well I ain't never seen no one riding a terrorist.
Reply 81
Original post by mariachi
well falling off a terrorist is not very common
Gah! Beat me to it!
Original post by She-Ra
Makes me so mad :fuhrer:

Preach :judge:
Jesus Christ, lawnmowers are rampant killers
I think everyone here is missing the real danger: cars.I think it's time for a ban. :judge:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by QE2
Another possibility is to make bullets hugely expensive.
"I'm gonna shoot you mutha****ers...when I get paid at the end of the month! Don't you go nowhere."

the kind of people doing these kind of things don't tend to be the kind of people with steady jobs. :wink:
Original post by Sabertooth
I think everyone here is missing the real danger: cars.I think it's time for a ban. :judge:
the only way to make some sense for this thread would be to analise the cost/benefit balance for each measure

e.g. banning lawn movers would save some lives, but we would have messy gardens or less time available on weekends

not producing toddlers would mean lower risk to be shot by your offspring, but you may also feel very lonely, especially at Christmas or Thanksgiving

not admitting jihadis to your country would reduce terror casualties, but also, well, sort off... lessee... wait just one second ...

this said, the Trump global ban is ridiculous, tantamount to using a steamroller to crush a fly

best
Original post by mariachi

this said, the Trump global ban is ridiculous, tantamount to using a steamroller to crush a fly

and missing the fly (by banning the wrong countries) and, worse still, granting legitimacy to the flies that propagate the idea of a war against flies...
Original post by That'sGreat
So cancer kills millions every year, and Hitler kiKlee 6 million Jews. Does that mean we should only focus on stopping cancer and letting Hitler carry on? No. If it causes atleast one death and is likely to see a surge in murders and attacks, then stop it

We could put everyone in isolation cells. Then no one would get murdered. Not doing that would causes atleast one death and is likely to see a surge in murders and attacks, so we should keep everyone in isolation.
Original post by MaxHeather
So you're saying that Hillary Clinton, who is a puppet for the Democrats, would have been a better choice?

Yes.
They like to go on and on about how their number one priority is to protect American lives yet there are so many more things which cause orders of magnitude more loss of life than terrorism.

What a joke and the western governments instill unnecessary fear into their citizens by making such a huge deal over terrorism, your chance of dying to a terrorist attack is extremely slim.
Original post by AishaGirl
The kaffir like to go on and on about how their number one priority is to protect American lives yet there are so many more things which cause orders of magnitude more loss of life than terrorism.

What a joke and the western governments instill unnecessary fear into their citizens by making such a huge deal over terrorism, your chance of dying to a terrorist attack is extremely slim.

"Kaffir" ? lol

youre weird
Reply 92
The kaffir like to go on and on
Which one?
Or do you mean "the kuffar"?

about how their number one priority is to protect American lives yet there are so many more things which cause orders of magnitude more loss of life than terrorism.
Ah, I see your mistake here. You think that the policy is actually about "making America safer"?
Well, it isn't. It is an appeal to right-wing populism by an approval-hungry demagogue.

Indeed it is. But you have to appreciate that being deliberately and violently murdered by people espousing a particular ideology that calls for the overthrow of our entire democratic system will attract more media and government attention than dying from, well, pretty much anything else.
And followers of that ideology who refuse to condemn such attacks and claim that Islam will dominate do not make things any easier for your average, moderate Muslim who just wants to get on in life.
Original post by QE2
Which one?
Or do you mean "the kuffar"?

disbeliever, disbeliever(s)... whatever.
Reply 94
disbeliever, disbeliever(s)... whatever.
Saying "non-Muslims do x..." is no different to saying "Muslims do X..."

You can't complain about people generalising when you do the same thing yourself. (That's the trouble with Muslims, they always generalise.)

So, who do you think "goes on and on about how their number one priority is to protect American lives...".
It is clearly not all non-Muslims. I'd even be even be surprised if it was all Americans (3.5 million of whom are Muslims themselves). Be more specific.
If you are going to get involved in debate, please at least try to present a coherent argument.
Thanks.
Original post by QE2
If you are going to get involved in debate, please at least try to present a coherent argument.
Thanks.

Sorry I'm pretty sleepy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending