The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by jellybean07
i am doing an ODP course at university and i wish to continue my studies to become an Anesthetist or a surgeon. would it be possible with the qualifications i have to continue and what do i have to take up to get there???

Hello, I know you posted this a while ago however I am considering doing the same as you and would love to know if you managed to follow your dream and become a doctor?

Thanks
You will be able to become a physicians assistant or first surgical assistant. This can be done by doing a masters degree. However, Due to the long 5 year course of medicine, and then a further 15 years in training working through the different ranks to become a surgeon, i don't think this will be possible. Hope this helps.
Reply 3
Original post by Loiselizajones
You will be able to become a physicians assistant or first surgical assistant. This can be done by doing a masters degree. However, Due to the long 5 year course of medicine, and then a further 15 years in training working through the different ranks to become a surgeon, i don't think this will be possible. Hope this helps.

Thank you! I'm determined to folllow my path of an ODP and I will see where my careers takes me.
Reply 4
Good Day, I am trying to do the same, has there been any feedback or can anyone provide the pathway.

Latest

Trending

Trending