The Student Room Group

Applying for pgce with a D in English..

Hi, I'm hoping to study a pgce course next year. I only have D in English a gcse however, will this stop from to applying to most?
How did you get into Uni with a D ?
Original post by Rich00
Hi, I'm hoping to study a pgce course next year. I only have D in English a gcse however, will this stop from to applying to most?

Check the entrance requirements, but I believe the min is a grade C. I thought a D was considered a fail?
Reply 3
Well my college course and uni both wanted a C in English and maths. But they never brought it up during the interviews.
Original post by Rich00
Well my college course and uni both wanted a C in English and maths. But they never brought it up during the interviews.

And what grade did you put on your UCAS application? It was a C, wasn't it?
Reply 5
Nope ^
Original post by Rich00

Pretty sure its a government requirement you have a C in English, Maths and Science to get onto a PGCE. Double check in the PGCE forum here though.
Original post by Rich00

My understanding is also it is a requirement you have a C Grade in English Language at least. You will need to do a English Skills test too. But it can't hurt to double check.
Reply 8
Agree with the above. You need a C. Maybe you could do a year's work in a school to gain experience and redo your English GCSE at the same time?
Having a C in English GCSE is a requirement.

Why do you think that the requirements that everybody else has to meet should be different for you??
You will need to resist your English gcse before you start the course, despite having higher qualifications because it is a requirement to teach
A C is a requirement. You will have to show certificates to your uni in order to be accepted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending