The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Physics A: G484 & G485 - 15 & 21 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Hello,

I assume the few left that are giving these modules are self-teaching.

If there is anyone else out there. It would be great to have someone else studying for the same modules - so we can help eachother.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing AQA but you know the saying that Physics is the same in all places xD, If you ever need any help feel free to ask. I'd be free to ask too :P
Original post by Callicious
I'm doing AQA but you know the saying that Physics is the same in all places xD, If you ever need any help feel free to ask. I'd be free to ask too :P

Awesome, yes that would be sweet.

Thanks for the reply. How are you getting on with the course?
Original post by ineffablemind
Awesome, yes that would be sweet.

Thanks for the reply. How are you getting on with the course?

Going pretty well. I'm a little behind recently due to a lot of problems with myself, but I'm getting there with regard to catching up on my notes and revision. The February break is going to help a lot. I got a new book for it recently too (Modern Physics) and it is splendid for the course!

How about you? Would you say OCR is a good exam board/has some fun interesting topics in it? :tongue:
Going pretty well. I'm a little behind recently due to a lot of problems with myself, but I'm getting there with regard to catching up on my notes and revision. The February break is going to help a lot. I got a new book for it recently too (Modern Physics) and it is splendid for the course!

How about you? Would you say OCR is a good exam board/has some fun interesting topics in it? :tongue:

Somewhat. I mean like last year I didn't follow the specification too much and only did the ocr papers where I think this held me back along with the lack of time I thought I had in the exam.

It is okay I suppose similiar to yours I assume?

newtons laws/shm/ ideal gas laws/ medical/ space/ cpapcitors etc. :smile:
Somewhat. I mean like last year I didn't follow the specification too much and only did the ocr papers where I think this held me back along with the lack of time I thought I had in the exam.

It is okay I suppose similiar to yours I assume?

newtons laws/shm/ ideal gas laws/ medical/ space/ cpapcitors etc. :smile:

Last year I was a hell of an idiot xD

At my A-Levels I relied upon my memory and still barely passed, and went in to A-Level unable to rearrange a quadratic xD, needless to say it's gone better these days and I'm making up for the time spent catching up last year with practice and further reading. I also didn't follow the specification and only did past papers, which did hold me back in some essence ;-;
Guys i did G484 and 5 last year feel free to ask questions and i will do my best to answer them.
Last year I was a hell of an idiot xD

At my A-Levels I relied upon my memory and still barely passed, and went in to A-Level unable to rearrange a quadratic xD, needless to say it's gone better these days and I'm making up for the time spent catching up last year with practice and further reading. I also didn't follow the specification and only did past papers, which did hold me back in some essence ;-;

Original post by jonnypdot
Guys i did G484 and 5 last year feel free to ask questions and i will do my best to answer them.

Awesome thnx, do you happen to have the papers to those years. They are inaccessbile currently. How do you do well in both modules really :P

I got C's on both papers and was 1 UMS mark overall from a B grade. I am only doing g484+g485 phy modules. The binary star/magnetism etc. got me in the exams :L
Awesome thnx, do you happen to have the papers to those years. They are inaccessbile currently. How do you do well in both modules really :P

I got C's on both papers and was 1 UMS mark overall from a B grade. I am only doing g484+g485 phy modules. The binary star/magnetism etc. got me in the exams :L

To do well honestly practice past papers not just from your spec but other specs and older specs because the physics is the same if you can find a different spec paper with 3 questions that 3 extra questions you can practise.

Sorry i don't have the paper i just did the exam and never looked back until now.

I can recommend you Physics and Math Tutor, it's an online (free) website with papers from all specs on a plethora of different modules. For my own revision I usually just read over everything two to three times and read over other textbooks too (for the same course, other exam boards, though) and even do the questions from all of them. Physics is the same wherever you look, so if you do that, you'll be golden! :P
Original post by jonnypdot
To do well honestly practice past papers not just from your spec but other specs and older specs because the physics is the same if you can find a different spec paper with 3 questions that 3 extra questions you can practise.

Sorry i don't have the paper i just did the exam and never looked back until now.

Great thank you for the advice.

np thank you for responding.

I can recommend you Physics and Math Tutor, it's an online (free) website with papers from all specs on a plethora of different modules. For my own revision I usually just read over everything two to three times and read over other textbooks too (for the same course, other exam boards, though) and even do the questions from all of them. Physics is the same wherever you look, so if you do that, you'll be golden! :P

Yes this is excellent advice, do you have any good videos from a youtube physics channel that is good - I have looked at khan academy which is okayish I guess :P
Great thank you for the advice.

np thank you for responding.

Yes this is excellent advice, do you have any good videos from a youtube physics channel that is good - I have looked at khan academy which is okayish I guess :P

To be honest Khan Academy is where I get any videos from, for anything xD

Most of my stuff comes from books :-;
To be honest Khan Academy is where I get any videos from, for anything xD

Most of my stuff comes from books :-;

Ah nice, are you resitting any other subjects :smile:

Yes it is a good resource
Ah nice, are you resitting any other subjects :smile:

Yes it is a good resource

I'm resitting D1 and C2 XD

from edexcel?

That d1 exam was shite, 2 ****ing gannt charts tf for real?

I got C in that, but A in the others. I got an A overall for maths, but want to do c3+c4 again for a star :!

try the ial papers if you are doing edexcel :smile:

gl :d
from edexcel?

That d1 exam was shite, 2 ****ing gannt charts tf for real?

I got C in that, but A in the others. I got an A overall for maths, but want to do c3+c4 again for a star :!

I ended up with a B doe D1, C for C2, and A for C1. Gotten better now though! XD

Teacher recommended not redoing C1, but will definitely redo D1 and C2 for the grades on them.
I ended up with a B doe D1, C for C2, and A for C1. Gotten better now though! XD

Teacher recommended not redoing C1, but will definitely redo D1 and C2 for the grades on them.

Are you doing just AS maths?

It depends tbh I got A in M1/S1 but D1 was bad in comparison.

If you scraped an A in C1 like 80-85 I would say you should consider resitting it. Also isn't C1 before the may holiday too.

Do you cover logs much in physics, the maths in physics is so much easier than maths in maths lol
GUYS https://www.youtube.com/user/lscphysics this channel is much better than khan academy it has the whole G484 and 5 spec on it with just the right detail needed for exams, including those long answer medical questions.
Are you doing just AS maths?

It depends tbh I got A in M1/S1 but D1 was bad in comparison.

If you scraped an A in C1 like 80-85 I would say you should consider resitting it. Also isn't C1 before the may holiday too.

Do you cover logs much in physics, the maths in physics is so much easier than maths in maths lol

We do plenty of natural logarithms in Physics, especially in Capacitance and everything Magnetic/Gravitational/Electric.

Yah, now that you mention it I suppose it would be worth it. Redoing all three might be annoying revision wise though :P

Quick Reply

Latest