The Student Room Group

Have you ever been ridiculed for your looks?

Scroll to see replies

One time in high school a kid in the year below me called me fuzzball because I have curly hair :cry2:

On a more serious note though, I used to be ridiculed much more for my personality (being very shy) rather than my looks. Whenever people made fun of me, I just tried my best to ignore them and not give them any reaction, which was what they were looking for :smile:
Reply 21
I guess, I dont really take notice unless its a friend who's just messing around
yep, was on here actually.
Original post by Mistletoe
Yeah it was a boarding school, her and her friends started playing with ouija boards and got in big trouble for it (sur:tongue:rised anyone cared tbh), her response was to try to set fire to some part of the school.

lmao for making a bizarre story even more bizarre :rofl:
Apparently, my eyes look like lemons and are too big. Also, the idea that I have a resting ***** face :colonhash: Most of the time I didn't take notice of these comments, however, the resting angry face slightly hit home, as the majority of the time I am happy even if I appear angry or sad.
Reply 25
When I was in like year 4 I had my hair (which is very thick and frizzy and curly) down as a change, the kids in my class kept laughing at me and said I had an afro. I went into the toilets and just cried and found a rubber band and put my hair back up - and that's where the paranoia of having my hair down for the past 9 years came from.
I have shorter hair now and just try to give 0 ****s as long as I like it and am comfortable, but some kids are just dicks. :console:
Reply 26
Original post by KaylaB
When I was in like year 4 I had my hair (which is very thick and frizzy and curly) down as a change, the kids in my class kept laughing at me and said I had an afro. I went into the toilets and just cried and found a rubber band and put my hair back up - and that's where the paranoia of having my hair down for the past 9 years came from.
I have shorter hair now and just try to give 0 ****s as long as I like it and am comfortable, but some kids are just dicks. :console:

:hugs: You were in year 4 then don't worry about that.
Some girls in my old school used to bully me because I had braces, really bad acne and glasses. I ignored them.

I got my braces taken off, I haven't had a breakout in years and I don't need my glasses. I heard that one of the girls who used to bully me about it has kind of let herself go.

:colone:
Reply 28
Tbh I only had comments on my looks when I was younger.

No one seems to care now which is slightly reassuring...
Reply 29
Original post by S2M
:hugs: You were in year 4 then don't worry about that.

I don't now, but back then it really got to me. :console:

Oh the troubled life of an 8 year old :moon:
I have acne so i get ridiculed often :/ I'm also really skinny but its all good. Never took any of it seriously :smile:
Original post by hezzlington
yep, was on here actually.

wat r u bugs
Original post by CraigBackner
wat r u bugs

??
no i wasn't bullied. And i think i was blessed with good looks. I'm fortunate and grateful :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by KaylaB
I don't now, but back then it really got to me. :console:

Oh the troubled life of an 8 year old :moon:

Yeah that's true. I was more bullied in year 9, 10 and 11.
Original post by saraxh
It's funny how the guys that called me ugly in Year 7 now try to slide into my dms. :rofl:

Whilst you're wearing them? DMs are comfy as ****, but two's a crowd.
Original post by Drunk Punx
Whilst you're wearing them? DMs are comfy as ****, but two's a crowd.

Sorry what?
Original post by saraxh
Sorry what?

Think he means the shoes :lol:
Original post by saraxh
Sorry what?

Doc Martens are often abbreviated as DMs.

I'll see myself out.
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Think he means the shoes :lol:

Ohh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending