The Student Room Group

Hsbc work experience 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danielafshar
I have not been contacted for a telephone interview. ( is this normal ?)

However, I have been sent an email for the survey.

Is there anything else i should know other than the fact that i have to submit which area I would like to complete the program in ?

Same here :smile:
I only just got my location preferences email today, whats the difference between the Three canary wharf options? Also what other place are good for finance experience ?
Original post by Moriayo
I only just got my location preferences email today, whats the difference between the Three canary wharf options? Also what other place are good for finance experience ?

Use a tool called google mate😂😂
Original post by danielafshar
I have not been contacted for a telephone interview. ( is this normal ?)

However, I have been sent an email for the survey.

Is there anything else i should know other than the fact that i have to submit which area I would like to complete the program in ?

Same...
Reply 44
Hi all,
I have also received the email today about passing the online assessment and got a link to a 'survey' asking me about my preferred location. They specified to choose the one you can reasonably commute to, so naturally I chose the one closest to me. Since the one closest to me is a simple high street branch type HSBC, does this mean that their promise of commercial banking is now void? (As this branch is a simple retail branch). I have also not yet completed the telephone interview and not yet been contacted for one.
Reply 45
Original post by azizadil1998
Just had the interview!! Went really well ngl, the guy was really nice as well - they call from Poland for some reason lol (guessing call centre staff etc are cheaper/better there); just two questions asked, but one thing which was a bit annoying is you find out if you've passed the interview by the next 5 working days, however after that they do a final shortlist of candidates who actually get the placement, which is done by the end of March due to the amount of applications they receive.. they consider the online tests in this which i did 'just good' in so idk tbh. did the best i could with the interview though, prepared for the questions he asked luckily :biggrin:

I believe I did not compete such online tests. I think I just did one where they ask about you like how you would best describe yourself out of like 2 options.
Original post by Vl7d
I believe I did not compete such online tests. I think I just did one where they ask about you like how you would best describe yourself out of like 2 options.

Yea thats what i did haha
Original post by Vl7d

Is this not the online test? :smile: I remember I did something similar...could be wrong though...
Reply 48
Yea thats what i did haha

Check PM please
Reply 49
Thanks for everyone's replies! I received an email today asking for me to choose my preferences regarding locations.

I haven't been asked to do a telephone interview yet though

I applied to the North region
Reply 50
Original post by Vl7d
Hi all,
I have also received the email today about passing the online assessment and got a link to a 'survey' asking me about my preferred location. They specified to choose the one you can reasonably commute to, so naturally I chose the one closest to me. Since the one closest to me is a simple high street branch type HSBC, does this mean that their promise of commercial banking is now void? (As this branch is a simple retail branch). I have also not yet completed the telephone interview and not yet been contacted for one.

I'm in the same position currently and received the same email today.
Did this last year and honestly it's not the best work experience. It's probably the worst out of any banking work experience you'll do! I didn't even get to do half the things and just stood near a photocopier and photocopied literally the whole day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Did this last year and honestly it's not the best work experience. It's probably the worst out of any banking work experience you'll do! I didn't even get to do half the things and just stood near a photocopier and photocopied literally the whole day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But then again it does depend on where you're doing it.

I believe the one in Canary Wharf is really fun

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
But then again it does depend on where you're doing it.

I believe the one in Canary Wharf is really fun

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which work experiences would you recommend?
Reply 54
Have applications closed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Better than my Barclays work experience. Just sat there behind the counters doing nothing but getting random sympathetic smiles from the customers who could tell how bored I was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What branch did you do it at?
Just had the interview!! Went really well ngl, the guy was really nice as well - they call from Poland for some reason lol (guessing call centre staff etc are cheaper/better there); just two questions asked, but one thing which was a bit annoying is you find out if you've passed the interview by the next 5 working days, however after that they do a final shortlist of candidates who actually get the placement, which is done by the end of March due to the amount of applications they receive.. they consider the online tests in this which i did 'just good' in so idk tbh. did the best i could with the interview though, prepared for the questions he asked luckily :biggrin:

What was the question?
Original post by Emma Nie
What was the question?

when you've helped someone and when you've made a tough decision:smile:
Original post by CookieSusee
Better than my Barclays work experience. Just sat there behind the counters doing nothing but getting random sympathetic smiles from the customers who could tell how bored I was.

nah barclays is uesless my work experience coordinator didn't let me do it. its meant for people with basically no skills to get some kind of thing on their CV so good for year 10/11 i suppose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending