The Student Room Group

Is Nicki Minaj a feminist icon?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
Some serious barrel scraping there. Lipstick selling :biggrin:

How many other female rappers take lipstick selling seriously?

Yeah let's just skip that she was quoted as the most influential female rapper of all time and overlook all of her other achievements. :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting that the reason why other female rappers were unable to do it first was because they weren't interested in it? I suppose they also weren't interested in being featured on the Forbes list or performing at the Grammys or winning several BET awards? Come on now..and you say I'm the one barrel scraping??
Original post by cherryred90s
Yeah let's just skip that she was quoted as the most influential female rapper of all time and overlook all of her other achievements. :rolleyes:

She was named on the hottest MCs list and as the most influential female rapper of all time by an organisation which also named Jay-Z as the greatest rapper ever so forgive me for not taking it seriously.

Are you suggesting that the reason why other female rappers were unable to do it first was because they weren't interested in it?

Don't answer a question with a question. How many of them have even tried to do it? If selling lipsticks was part of the criteria for being a great musician or 'the most influential female rapper' I'm pretty sure more of them would attempt it. The thing with musicians is they tend to put music first.

I suppose they also weren't interested in being featured on the Forbes list or performing at the Grammys or winning several BET awards? Come on now..and you say I'm the one barrel scraping??

When you mention her being the world's top female lipstick selling rapper then it comes across as barrel scraping and digging for anything that you can use to claim Nicki Minaj is the best. And to be honest they probably aren't overly interested in those awards, no.
Original post by quasa
1st one : :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
2nd one: lol
3rd one: you realise she is an anti feminist.

btw, IM taking a wild stab in the dark guess here but are you a labour / pro-liberal supporter?

I know she's an anti-feminist, that's exactly why she'd be a perfect woman for young girls to idolise - too many of them these days are sucked into all the toxic left-wing feminist rubbish.
She was named on the hottest MCs list and as the most influential female rapper of all time by an organisation which also named Jay-Z as the greatest rapper ever so forgive me for not taking it seriously.

Taking everything into consideration, which female rapper has had a bigger international influence than her? Which female rapper has had more of an impact than her?

Don't answer a question with a question. How many of them have even tried to do it? If selling lipsticks was part of the criteria for being a great musician or 'the most influential female rapper' I'm pretty sure more of them would attempt it. The thing with musicians is they tend to put music first.

I don't know how many have tried to do it, but I know who has succeeded doing it, and she is the only one so far.
I didn't say that selling lipsticks was part of the criteria for being a great musician. You asked me what I meant when I said she was the first to ever do it, and that is a prime example. You must be doing something right if you have the highest selling lipstick of all time.

When you mention her being the world's top female lipstick selling rapper then it comes across as barrel scraping and digging for anything that you can use to claim Nicki Minaj is the best. And to be honest they probably aren't overly interested in those awards, no.

I mentioned a lot of other things so I don't know why you are referring to just one out of about 10 that I listed.

yeah I'm sure they weren't interested in being recognised by BET for their hard work. Why on earth would anyone want to receive awards?
I'm sure they weren't interested in being on the Forbes kings cash list. It's not like anyone wants to make millions of pounds from their career, right?
& yeah, I'm sure they had no interest in being rewarded for their outstanding achievement by a huge platform like the Grammys , who wants to be nominated for a Grammy anyway?
(edited 7 years ago)
I have said that she was referring to high fashion models. Semi naked skinny models aren't looked at as trashy and cheap, whereas she is, and it wasn't just about having a big bum, it was about being big in general and especially in the industry, she said that women are under so much pressure to be thin. If a celeb looks like they've put on a couple of lbs, it would be all over the media for the whole word to see, which is upsetting. She wanted to show that it's okay to be bigger, you don't have to feel bad about your body.

You're missing the point, she called out 'skinny b*****s' because she believes that is the body that is celebrated. That is wrong, outside of high fashion nobody celebrates size zero. Women are not under pressure to look thin, as I've said a million times that isn't the desired body type anymore.

How? I acknowledged that yes it was hypocritical and could've been worded differently, but it shouldn't take away from the message she was sending.

The message she was sending was 'it's not okay to be skinny'. I don't see how you can either argue that she's in support of bigger women, she only mentions big bums.

Well, it takes time. You don't become mainstream overnight, but those are examples of female rappers who have came after her (minus remy but she is making a come back) and have been successful in their careers so far.

So it's too early to say that she's opened the door for other rappers because she hasn't led to any becoming popular as of yet.

Yes they all came before her, but none of them were as successful as she is. That's my point. The ones before her were successful to a degree, she has surpassed them all.

No your point was that she is the first female rapper to overcome hardship and become successful.

Her success doesn't have much to do with drake but in terms of lil Wayne, yes he thought she was talented so he signed her to his label. That's normal. She still had to work just as hard, if not harder than the men in the industry.

Being associated with one of the most popular musicians in the world (Drake) will inevitably help your career. Having Lil Wayne and Drake promoting you means you have less work to do.

Most celebrity clothing lines are not cheap, let's be honest. Having a clothing line that sells out and grosses lots of money is definitely an achievement. She made sure to use models of all shapes and sizes to show how her clothes look on different body types.

Which celebrity clothing line is expensive? From the quick Google search I just didn't I didn't see any plus size models or skinny models hardly all shapes and sizes.

Alesha Dixon and Cher Lloyd are not recognised as rappers, they're singers. Beyoncé has rapped before, but she's still a singer.
Like I said, it is an achievement if you were the first female rapper to do it.

Being the first person to do something doesn't make it an achievement. How niche would you like to make it? I was the first person in my house to go to the sainsbury's at the bottom of my road, is that an achievement?

Read your sources before you post them, it says BET Award not Billboard. Also she has no competition for that award, it's like PSG winning the French league.

I've stated how she preaches about the importance of women's independence and she does that in literally every concert and most of her interviews, even in some of her songs too.

But she chooses to body shame millions of women. It's like saying Snoop Dogg can become the poster body for an anti-marijuana campaign.

whether you're referring to the video or the lyrics, you've still based your opinion of her on that one song.

That's all I need. If you're insulting millions of women for the way they look you can't be a feminist icon
Original post by Underscore__
You're missing the point, she called out 'skinny b*****s' because she believes that is the body that is celebrated. That is wrong, outside of high fashion nobody celebrates size zero. Women are not under pressure to look thin, as I've said a million times that isn't the desired body type anymore.

She said herself that she feels under pressure to be slim and have the 'ideal body', so I think she'd have more knowledge about the business from a females perspective than you.
Selena Gomez was fat shamed for putting on a few lbs.

The message she was sending was 'it's not okay to be skinny'. I don't see how you can either argue that she's in support of bigger women, she only mentions big bums.

No that's not the message she was sending. Did you watch her post interview? You clearly did not. You've only taken it as face value.
She said she purposely chose bigger women for the anaconda video aswell.

So it's too early to say that she's opened the door for other rappers because she hasn't led to any becoming popular as of yet.

Dej loaf and Young Ma are popular, what rock are you living under?

No your point was that she is the first female rapper to overcome hardship and become successful.

to clarify, she is the most successful female rapper to date

Being associated with one of the most popular musicians in the world (Drake) will inevitably help your career. Having Lil Wayne and Drake promoting you means you have less work to do.

Yeah it's clear now that you don't know what you're talking about, because Drake wasn't even popular at the time. He wasn't even mainstream, they were both signed to lil Wayne's label around the same time, which is why they got so close because they were exposed to the the music business and industry at the same time

Which celebrity clothing line is expensive? From the quick Google search I just didn't I didn't see any plus size models or skinny models hardly all shapes and sizes.

I know of Kanye west and Rihanna as having expensive clothing lines.
That's interesting, because I've just done a Google search and seen plus size clothes from her line. She's also done an interview where she spoke about the importance of having clothes for all body types.

Being the first person to do something doesn't make it an achievement. How niche would you like to make it? I was the first person in my house to go to the sainsbury's at the bottom of my road, is that an achievement?

You're being silly.
Being the first to do something that nobody expected you to be able to do is certainly an achievement. Everybody can go to Sainsburys, not everybody can have top selling products.

Read your sources before you post them, it says BET Award not Billboard. Also she has no competition for that award, it's like PSG winning the French league.

Pedantic. As if it really makes that much of a difference? 7 consecutive BET awards is impressive nonetheless.

She did have competition in the 2016 BET awards. She was up against Lil Kim, missy Elliot, Dej loaf & remy ma.
Despite that, even if she didn't have competition, is that not an achievement in itself? To know that there is nobody else on your level?

But she chooses to body shame millions of women. It's like saying Snoop Dogg can become the poster body for an anti-marijuana campaign.

That's all I need. If you're insulting millions of women for the way they look you can't be a feminist icon

okay well, you can have your opinion & I have mine. being the most successful woman in a male dominated field takes real guts, whether you want to admit that or not.
(edited 7 years ago)
Taking everything into consideration, which female rapper has had a bigger international influence than her? Which female rapper has had more of an impact than her?

Musically I would say Lauryn Hill, the amount of female artists who would cite her as an influence is vast and Nicki Minaj would likely say the same thing herself. Fashion wise, I couldn't care less but I really don't see what Nicki is doing that Lil' Kim didn't do before her.

I don't know how many have tried to do it, but I know who has succeeded doing it, and she is the only one so far.
I didn't say that selling lipsticks was part of the criteria for being a great musician. You asked me what I meant when I said she was the first to ever do it, and that is a prime example. You must be doing something right if you have the highest selling lipstick of all time.

I guess I just had more impressive things in mind than selling lipstick. She's the female Puff Daddy.

I mentioned a lot of other things so I don't know why you are referring to just one out of about 10 that I listed.

Because that was by far the funniest.

yeah I'm sure they weren't interested in being recognised by BET for their hard work. Why on earth would anyone want to receive awards?
I'm sure they weren't interested in being on the Forbes kings cash list. It's not like anyone wants to make millions of pounds from their career, right?
& yeah, I'm sure they had no interest in being rewarded for their outstanding achievement by a huge platform like the Grammys , who wants to be nominated for a Grammy anyway?

Of course artists want recognition and wealth but that's not the same thing as wanting to make specific lists and pining after specific awards. They just want success in general.

As for Grammys. Lauryn's won eight. Nicki has won none. Lauryn > Nicki?

(Not sure how many lipsticks she's flogged tho.)
Musically I would say Lauryn Hill, the amount of female artists who would cite her as an influence is vast and Nicki Minaj would likely say the same thing herself. Fashion wise, I couldn't care less but I really don't see what Nicki is doing that Lil' Kim didn't do before her.

Oh yeah, Lauryn hill is very influential don't get me wrong but in terms of global and international reach, I'd have to say Nicki Minaj. You may prefer Lauryn Hills music, but she hasn't had more of an international impact than Nicki minaj.

I guess I just had more impressive things in mind than selling lipstick. She's the female Puff Daddy.

And I did list a lot more impressive things than selling lipstick...

Because that was by far the funniest.

Yeah, must be so funny to have a top selling product of all time and then donate 100% of your profits to helping people affected with HIV/AIDS. Hilarious.

Of course artists want recognition and wealth but that's not the same thing as wanting to make specific lists and pining after specific awards. They just want success in general.

As for Grammys. Lauryn's won eight. Nicki has won none. Lauryn > Nicki?

(Not sure how many lipsticks she's flogged tho.)

*talks about how success is not measured by winning specific awards, but then gloats that Lauryn hill won 8 Grammys* contradictory much?
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh yeah, Lauryn hill is very influential don't get me wrong but in terms of global and international reach, I'd have to say Nicki Minaj. You may prefer Lauryn Hills music, but she hasn't had more of an international impact than Nicki minaj.

To fans or musicians? How exactly do you quantify it?

And I did list a lot more impressive things than selling lipstick...

Most of them were daft as well.

Yeah, must be so funny to have a top selling product of all time and then donate 100% of your profits to helping people affected with HIV/AIDS. Hilarious.

It's funny when we are discussing a music artist and then something like that comes up in the argument, yes.

*talks about how success is not measured by winning specific awards, but then gloats that Lauryn hill won 8 Grammys* contradictory much?

No. I'm just playing by your rules and asking you a question. You seem to care about things like awards.

For what it's worth I don't listen to either of them and think Lauryn's album is disgustingly overrated, more so than anything Nicki has ever released.
To fans or musicians? How exactly do you quantify it?

Yes, to fans and in numbers too.

Most of them were daft as well.

What's daft about winning loads of awards? What's daft about being the first woman to feature on the Forbes cash list?

It's funny when we are discussing a music artist and then something like that comes up in the argument, yes.

You asked me what she was the first to do. I answered and you found it funny. Not sure what to say about that.

No. I'm just playing by your rules and asking you a question. You seem to care about things like awards.

For what it's worth I don't listen to either of them and think Lauryn's album is disgustingly overrated, more so than anything Nicki has ever released.

Well don't say that success isn't measured by awards and then immediately use awards as a way to measure success. That just doesn't make sense.

I don't listen to Lauryn either so I don't know much about her music aside from maybe 1 or 2 songs, but I do know that she was and still is very influential, I like her sound. But I prefer Nicki minaj.
Reply 50
Original post by tamil fever
u joined in 2006?!
i was only 4 at the time....

I was 5 at that time
Original post by iqra2159
I was 5 at that time

yr 11?
Original post by Spiderman
I was at a party over the weekend and a few women were huddled in a group watching Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' video, and they were discussing how she is a feminist icon.

I assumed they were either being ironic or were high, but apparently they were neither.

Video:

[video="youtube;LDZX4ooRsWs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDZX4ooRsWs[/video]

Tell me: Am I missing something?

No she's an attention seeking ****
Reply 53
Original post by tamil fever
yr 11?

yep :yes:
Original post by iqra2159
yep :yes:

good luck for your exams.Revise well:biggrin:
- First female rapper to win 7 billboard awards consecutively
- first female rapper to launch a clothing line
- first female rapper to launch perfume
- first female rapper to have the number 1 top selling viva glam lipstick of all time
- first female rapper to appear on the Forbes cash kings list
- first female artist to have four simultaneous top 10 records on billboards mainstream R&B/hip hop chart
-first solo female rapper to perform on the Grammys
- first female rapper to have two number one albums (as a solo artist)
- first female artist to be included on MTVs annual hottest MCs list and was quoted as "the most influential female rapper of all time"

Being the first woman to do something, albeit admirable, does not make her a feminist icon.

I find it a tad odd that people would assign her with such a title.....
Original post by Ellipses
Being the first woman to do something, albeit admirable, does not make her a feminist icon.

I find it a tad odd that people would assign her with such a title.....

He asked me what I meant when I said she was the first to ever do it, so I listed several things she was the first to do. It wasn't in reference to her being a feminist icon, although I'm glad you can see that it is admirable!
She said herself that she feels under pressure to be slim and have the 'ideal body', so I think she'd have more knowledge about the business from a females perspective than you.
Selena Gomez was fat shamed for putting on a few lbs.

I don't care what she says or how she feels, the mainstream media today present the Kardashian klan as the ideal body and Nicki has a similar body shape. If she feels like she has to be stick then then it is her with the problem.

No that's not the message she was sending. Did you watch her post interview? You clearly did not. You've only taken it as face value.
She said she purposely chose bigger women for the anaconda video aswell.

It's very easy to say you meant something different after the fact. So if Donald trump came out now and said when he said 'grab them by the pussy' what he actually meant was take someone out on a romantic date would you believe him? No, because his words left no room for doubt, the same is true in this instance. How else could any reasonable person interpret the words:

'Yeah, he love this fat ass
Yeah! This one is for my b*****s with a fat a** in the f*****g club
I said, "Where my fat a** big b*****s in the club?"
F**k them skinny b*****s,
F**k them skinny b*****s in the club'

It's insulting women who aren't 'thick' and to top it off she's sampling a song that objectifies women.

Dej loaf and Young Ma are popular, what rock are you living under?

So popular that they combine for one Billboard top 20 song.

Yeah it's clear now that you don't know what you're talking about, because Drake wasn't even popular at the time. He wasn't even mainstream, they were both signed to lil Wayne's label around the same time, which is why they got so close because they were exposed to the the music business and industry at the same time

But Drake has since become arguably the most popular musician in the world, his promotion of Nicki Minaj has undoubtedly helped her.

I know of Kanye west and Rihanna as having expensive clothing lines.
That's interesting, because I've just done a Google search and seen plus size clothes from her line. She's also done an interview where she spoke about the importance of having clothes for all body types.

Yeezys are pretty much in line with all limited edition trainers, his name hasn't made them expensive and, for what they are, they aren't expensive anyway. Rihanna's Puma collaboration wasn't that expensive, it has since become expensive because it's all very limited. The fact is most of the time that celebrities do clothing lines they're cheap, I could list a dozen examples.

You said she used models of all shapes and sizes so you should have no problem showing me a picture of a plus size woman modelling her line and skinny woman modelling it.

You're being silly.
Being the first to do something that nobody expected you to be able to do is certainly an achievement. Everybody can go to Sainsburys, not everybody can have top selling products.

By what measure is her perfume 'top selling'? I would argue if you compare its sales to the most popular perfumes it would be pitiful, celebrity branded fragrances appeal to a limited target market.

Pedantic. As if it really makes that much of a difference? 7 consecutive BET awards is impressive nonetheless.

That's like me saying I've won seven Grammys and when I'm called out saying well they're not real Grammys I made them myself. There is a difference between a Billboard award and a BET award.

She did have competition in the 2016 BET awards. She was up against Lil Kim, missy Elliot, Dej loaf & remy ma.
Despite that, even if she didn't have competition, is that not an achievement in itself? To know that there is nobody else on your level?

None of those people have even had a song chart outside of the US or Canada, they are not anywhere near as popular. It's not an achievement to win an award there's no competition for, it's like me beating a bunch of five year olds in a race.

okay well, you can have your opinion & I have mine. being the most successful woman in a male dominated field takes real guts, whether you want to admit that or not.

Being successful as a female doesn't automatically make you a feminist icon if it did Theresa May would be the poster girl for feminism instead she's not very popular to put it mildly. It's so apparent that you're just a fan trying to defend her honour but give it up, she's done nothing to help any woman other than herself.
Original post by Underscore__
I don't care what she says or how she feels, the mainstream media today present the Kardashian klan as the ideal body and Nicki has a similar body shape. If she feels like she has to be stick then then it is her with the problem.

Ok

It's very easy to say you meant something different after the fact. So if Donald trump came out now and said when he said 'grab them by the pussy' what he actually meant was take someone out on a romantic date would you believe him? No, because his words left no room for doubt, the same is true in this instance. How else could any reasonable person interpret the words:

'Yeah, he love this fat ass
Yeah! This one is for my b*****s with a fat a** in the f*****g club
I said, "Where my fat a** big b*****s in the club?"
F**k them skinny b*****s,
F**k them skinny b*****s in the club'

It's insulting women who aren't 'thick' and to top it off she's sampling a song that objectifies women.

I agreed that it was hypocritical of her. Why are you still going on about that?
You refuse to acknowledge the message that she was trying to put forward, that's your problem. I don't care to convince you about that anymore.

So popular that they combine for one Billboard top 20 song.

They are popular rappers. Don't know what else you want me to say.

But Drake has since become arguably the most popular musician in the world, his promotion of Nicki Minaj has undoubtedly helped her.

Nicki minaj has since become arguably the best female rapper in the world..
What promotion of Nicki minaj? It's not as if he became a superstar whilst Nicki Minaj was unknown. They came up together. They were both promoted by Lil Wayne because they were signed to his label.
& in regard to Lil Wayne, he has several other artists on his label that you've probably never heard of. It takes more than just being attached to a mainstream artist to become successful.

Yeezys are pretty much in line with all limited edition trainers, his name hasn't made them expensive and, for what they are, they aren't expensive anyway. Rihanna's Puma collaboration wasn't that expensive, it has since become expensive because it's all very limited. The fact is most of the time that celebrities do clothing lines they're cheap, I could list a dozen examples.

image.png This isn't expensive?
As for Rihanna, I saw a pair of jeans in her river island clothing collection for £85. That is pricy for a teenage girl.

You said she used models of all shapes and sizes so you should have no problem showing me a picture of a plus size woman modelling her line and skinny woman modelling it.

She's also done an interview where she said her clothing line would be perfect for Curvier women, and that having plus sizes were very important to her.

By what measure is her perfume 'top selling'? I would argue if you compare its sales to the most popular perfumes it would be pitiful, celebrity branded fragrances appeal to a limited target market.

She had limited edition perfumes which sold out and her pink Friday perfume sold out at self ridges when it first came out.
She's also won awards for the best celebrity fragrance. It doesn't matter if it would be pitiful to the most popular perfumes, my point was that she was the first female rapper to launch a perfume line, and it was successful.

That's like me saying I've won seven Grammys and when I'm called out saying well they're not real Grammys I made them myself. There is a difference between a Billboard award and a BET award.

7 consecutive BET awards are impressive, I don't know why you're trying to deny that. If it's not impressive, why has no other female rapper had as many?
Let's not forget that she has won billboard awards too.
Yes i got the two confused but it's really not as big of a deal as you're making it.

None of those people have even had a song chart outside of the US or Canada, they are not anywhere near as popular. It's not an achievement to win an award there's no competition for, it's like me beating a bunch of five year olds in a race.

Instead of you to wonder why those other female rappers were unable to have songs chart outside of the US, you're criticising her for actually being able to do it?
Whose fault is it if her competitors aren't as successful as she is?
So correction: She had competition, but they were not on her level. That's their fault, not hers.
Your example wasn't really accurate. It's more like you racing with people your own age who couldn't be bothered to train before the race so you won because you trained for it. It may have been an easy race for you, but you were obviously deserving of 1st place.
Her competitors are not incapable of being just as, if not more successful than she is, so don't make it seem like that.
Being successful as a female doesn't automatically make you a feminist icon if it did Theresa May would be the poster girl for feminism instead she's not very popular to put it mildly. It's so apparent that you're just a fan trying to defend her honour but give it up, she's done nothing to help any woman other than herself.

That's your opinion.
I feel like you just love to argue with me. I put my opinion on his thread as the OP asked and you start arguing with me for liking and appreciating her...
(edited 7 years ago)
I agreed that it was hypocritical of her. Why are you still going on about that?
You refuse to acknowledge the message that she was trying to put forward, that's your problem. I don't care to convince you about that anymore.

Because her body shaming lyrics and sampling of an objectifying song means she cannot be an feminist icon, the debate ends there.

They are popular rappers. Don't know what else you want me to say.

You can't argue a musician is popular if they have no chart performance. None of the female rappers you've named are mainstream, she hasn't opened any doors for anyone.

Nicki minaj has since become arguably the best female rapper in the world..
What promotion of Nicki minaj? It's not as if he became a superstar whilst Nicki Minaj was unknown. They came up together. They were both promoted by Lil Wayne because they were signed to his label.
& in regard to Lil Wayne, he has several other artists on his label that you've probably never heard of. It takes more than just being attached to a mainstream artist to become successful.

She has promotion simply by association. She used to regularly feature in Drake's songs. Mainstream musicians in the modern day are usually a result of marketing and her career has certainly benefitted enormously from Lil Wayne and Drake.

image.png This isn't expensive?
As for Rihanna, I saw a pair of jeans in her river island clothing collection for £85. That is pricy for a teenage girl.

That's Yeezy brand, its not a clothing line. Nicki Minaj's clothing line was essentially Kmart clothes with her name on it. I find it hard to imagine Rihanna jeans were £85, got a source for the prices?

She's also done an interview where she said her clothing line would be perfect for Curvier women, and that having plus sizes were very important to her.

That's irrelevant, you said she used models of all shapes and sizes yet I can't seem to see any plus sized or skinny models. The photo you linked below are from youtube if you read the url address meaning the clothes were reviewed by a Youtuber, that's not official modelling.

She had limited edition perfumes which sold out and her pink Friday perfume sold out at self ridges when it first came out.
She's also won awards for the best celebrity fragrance. It doesn't matter if it would be pitiful to the most popular perfumes, my point was that she was the first female rapper to launch a perfume line, and it was successful.

Link for selling out and awards? As someone else pointed out JLo was involved in Hip Hop and had a fragrance way before. Nicki Minaj also benefitted from becoming popular in an era where every celebrity brings out perfumes, even car brands make perfume nowadays.

7 consecutive BET awards are impressive, I don't know why you're trying to deny that. If it's not impressive, why has no other female rapper had as many?
Let's not forget that she has won billboard awards too.
Yes i got the two confused but it's really not as big of a deal as you're making it.

As I said she has no competition (which she would have if she'd opened the door for all the female rappers as you claimed). Winning consecutively is not impressive, just as me winning races against five year olds would not be impressive.

Instead of you to wonder why those other female rappers were unable to have songs chart outside of the US, you're criticising her for actually being able to do it?
Whose fault is it if her competitors aren't as successful as she is?
So correction: She had competition, but they were not on her level. That's their fault, not hers.
Your example wasn't really accurate. It's more like you racing with people your own age who couldn't be bothered to train before the race so you won because you trained for it. It may have been an easy race for you, but you were obviously deserving of 1st place.
Her competitors are not incapable of being just as, if not more successful than she is, so don't make it seem like that.

She's 'competing' against people who aren't anywhere near as popular, whoever's fault it is is irrelevant. I'm not denying she's popular but being a successful female does not make you a feminist icon.

That's your opinion.
I feel like you just love to argue with me. I put my opinion on his thread as the OP asked and you start arguing with me for liking and appreciating her...

Not sure if you've noticed but the title of this category is 'DEBATE and current affairs'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending