The Student Room Group

Revision techniques for biology and chemistry Alevel

I have completed my notes and im not sure how to revise now,Its 4 months before the exam so i dont think its a good idea to start past papers (New spec so they are limited)
Right now im just actively reading through my notes though im not sure if this is effective of not.
Will this help me? What are some other revision techniques i can use?
Thanks
do topic by topic questions online to make sure you know each topic well, rewriting notes is always good, make flashcards. i hate that after notes pre- past paper period, which is why i timed my notes to end about mid-march and past papers till exam date
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
do topic by topic questions online to make sure you know each topic well, rewriting notes is always good, make flashcards. i hate that after notes pre- past paper period, which is why i timed my notes to end about mid-march and past papers till exam date

How do you suggest rewriting notes? Just copy my previous notes on rough paper?
if there is anything you feel particularly weak at, highlight it and write it out a couple times whilst saying it out loud as you do, works wonders for me
Reply 4
Do lots of questions.
if there is anything you feel particularly weak at, highlight it and write it out a couple times whilst saying it out loud as you do, works wonders for me

Cheers il give it a try
despite being the new spec do past papers on the old one. It's very similar, main difference being the new spec asks harder questions. past paper questions all the way!
Original post by Toasticide
despite being the new spec do past papers on the old one. It's very similar, main difference being the new spec asks harder questions. past paper questions all the way!

its a little early for those as youll quickly run out of resources but they are an invaluable tool
Original post by Toasticide

Yeah they are a bit too easy
its a little early for those as youll quickly run out of resources but they are an invaluable tool

*sigh*

Wish I was born a year earlier.
Original post by Cherub012
*sigh*

Wish I was born a year earlier.

same, id wager that feeling will be increasingly prevalent as we approach exam season
same, id wager that feeling will be increasingly prevalent as we approach exam season

got As for no reason last year

well, not really but you get what i mean lol

Quick Reply

Latest