The Student Room Group

Students, do you pay your own phone bill?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
:rofl:

What phone is it. :holmes:

iPhone 6s Plus
Original post by Just4
iPhone 6s Plus

Okay, that's worth it. :h:
That's quite expensive. What phone is it? :s-smilie:

It is rather expensive. I have an iPhone 7.
Yes, a massive £5 a month :wink:
Reply 64
I've paid for my own phone since I was 13.
Is pity alright? :redface:

That's a good deal. :smile:

It might look like that, but in the long run I would have probably spent as much money as someone on a conventional 24 month contract.

Think about it; I bought my phone for £480 and I pay £10 a month on the line rental alone. £10 × 24 months = £240. Add £480 that I spent on the phone itself and that would be £720 I have spent on the phone in 2 years.

Whereas on contract, I would probably spend about £30 - £40 ish a months. That would add up to about £700ish too. The monthly payments on contract also covers the cost of the actual phone itself, so that makes sense.

Giffgaff is good in that you can switch up your goodybag deals with whatever suits you. You might need less data or more minutes that usual for one month, so you may opt for a differently priced goodybag, but on contract you have to stick to the same minutes, data etc for 24 months
Parents bought my phone for me (iPhone 7).
But got a sim free deal from the past which has 100 minutes + 2000 voice minutes, Unlimited Data and 5000 text for £12.00 month
Out of interest, how much is it?

I pay £12 a month on giff gaff. I have an iPhone 6s that I bought outright 14 months ago.

I've paid for my own phone since the contract ran out on my iPhone 5, at which point I went to giff gaff on a sim only.
Original post by scottishgirl163
It is rather expensive. I have an iPhone 7.

I'm definitely jealous. :biggrin:

Original post by jameswhughes
Yes, a massive £5 a month :wink:

How??? :eek:

Original post by Airmed
I've paid for my own phone since I was 13.

Admirable :smile:
Original post by Loopy91
It might look like that, but in the long run I would have probably spent as much money as someone on a conventional 24 month contract.

Think about it; I bought my phone for £480 and I pay £10 a month on the line rental alone. £10 × 24 months = £240. Add £480 that I spent on the phone itself and that would be £720 I have spent on the phone in 2 years.

Whereas on contract, I would probably spend about £30 - £40 ish a months. That would add up to about £700ish too. The monthly payments on contract also covers the cost of the actual phone itself, so that makes sense.

Giffgaff is good in that you can switch up your goodybag deals with whatever suits you. You might need less data or more minutes that usual for one month, so you may opt for a differently priced goodybag, but on contract you have to stick to the same minutes, data etc for 24 months

Ah okay. How come a contract doesn't appeal to you?
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Parents bought my phone for me (iPhone 7).
But got a sim free deal from the past which has 100 minutes + 2000 voice minutes, Unlimited Data and 5000 text for £12.00 month

Pretty cool. :tongue:
Original post by Dusky Mauve
I pay £12 a month on giff gaff. I have an iPhone 6s that I bought outright 14 months ago.

I've paid for my own phone since the contract ran out on my iPhone 5, at which point I went to giff gaff on a sim only.

That's not bad. :smile:
In sixth form? People in sixth form still live with their parents
Yep :smile: £48 /month, every month! Don't want my mum paying for things like that, especially as it's so costly!
That's quite expensive. What phone is it? :s-smilie:

Lol, mines £50 per month
Original post by That'sGreat
In sixth form? People in sixth form still live with their parents

Yes, and your point is....?
Original post by Paracosm
Yep :smile: £48 /month, every month! Don't want my mum paying for things like that, especially as it's so costly!

iPhone? :h:
Original post by cherryred90s
Lol, mines £50 per month

:eek: expensive!
iPhone? :h:

You know me better than that to ask this question. :rofl: Of course. :tongue:
Original post by Paracosm
You know me better than that to ask this question. :rofl: Of course. :tongue:

:rofl: :rofl: true. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest