The Student Room Group

LNAT 2017 Results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ///curious
Got Durham offer but rejected by Oxford pre-interview so have no idea how I did - do Durham have an average or a cut-off? Hopefully we hear soon.

I am not familiar with Durham and their application process so I am afraid I cannot be much help in making sense of that. Maybe the scored of those who applied to Oxford where just averagely higher than those who applied to Durham?

Congratulations anyway! Durham is a superb institution and to get a place there to study law is fantastic!

Were Durham and Oxford the only LNAT unis you applied to?
Original post by mancopy
I have been rejected by UCL as my performance in LNAT was not as strong as other applicants.
I did receive offers from Warwick, Manchester and City University of London (Insurance). I am now waiting for KCL and I am so worried as you know KCL requires LNAT as well n Kings is now my top choice (which was used to be UCL). Guess I did really bad in my LNAT in both multiple choices and essay. I am so so worried X(

Hey! Try not to stress too much, universities do not use the LNAT results in the same way. Just because you have been unsuccessful in your application to UCL doesn't mean you will be at KCL. Sometimes they're only used in borderline cases anyway to differentiate between similar candidates- that might have been the case at UCL, but you may not be in that situation within the King's applicants. King's may also like other aspects of your application better and favour those over a poor LNAT score (if it is indeed the case you didn't do brilliantly- we can't be sure of that yet!) Manchester and Warwick are lovely unis regardless and I'm sure you'll do well at any one of them!
Original post by hillarykeyamo99
I am not familiar with Durham and their application process so I am afraid I cannot be much help in making sense of that. Maybe the scored of those who applied to Oxford where just averagely higher than those who applied to Durham?

Congratulations anyway! Durham is a superb institution and to get a place there to study law is fantastic!

Were Durham and Oxford the only LNAT unis you applied to?

Thanks, i'm happy with durham 😊 The oxford course was law with french law so the few places available probably raised their preferred LNAT score. I actually applied to 4 which was a bit risky in retrospect - nottingham, glasgow, durham and oxford. How about you?
Original post by georgios131
guys are we receiving the results by post or e-mail? does anyone know?

Why did they make us wait this long in the first place?

I got an offer from UCL but was rejected from Durham and Oxford so I'm equally confused as ///curious

Congrats on your UCL offer! When did you hear from them? I'm still waiting :frown:
I'm exactly the same, but not long till we find out now! Where else have you applied? Have you got other offers?

Same :frown: The only unis I haven't heard from are KCL and UCL (and the only LNAT unis I applied to..) I just want closure tbh!!
Reply 25
Hey! Try not to stress too much, universities do not use the LNAT results in the same way. Just because you have been unsuccessful in your application to UCL doesn't mean you will be at KCL. Sometimes they're only used in borderline cases anyway to differentiate between similar candidates- that might have been the case at UCL, but you may not be in that situation within the King's applicants. King's may also like other aspects of your application better and favour those over a poor LNAT score (if it is indeed the case you didn't do brilliantly- we can't be sure of that yet!) Manchester and Warwick are lovely unis regardless and I'm sure you'll do well at any one of them!

Thanks for cheering me up:smile:
I just want to get the result asap cus it takes too long for waiting. Should be released in few days I guess
Original post by Titania_Fleuret_
Congrats on your offers!! :smile: when did u get your offer from UCL? I'm still waiting :frown:

Thanks! I heard back on the 16th December, though I've already got my results so maybe it was quicker for me. I know an awful lot of people who are still waiting
Reply 27
I know how you feel! I applied to Cambridge as my first choice and was unsuccessful, I also applied to LSE for Anthropology and Law as my second but got feedback that my personal statement didn't do a good enough job at appealing to both the Anthropology tutors and the Law ones so I am feeling pretty disheartened at the moment :s-smilie:

But I aimed pretty highly in terms of my choices which meant that being able to go to anyone of them would be amazing. I really loved Kings and would be ecstatic to go there. I've also applied to UCL,which I didn't connect with as much, but being the amazing institution that it is, going there would also be a dream. However with my rejections and all this LNAT business I'm very worried.

I have one offer at least (through all this misfortune, it is a small comfort :P) from Kent of AAB. It's ironic because Kent was supposed to be an insurance choice, but it's the only option I have right now!

I am quite literally in the exact same position as you, rejected from LSE after second round due to personal statement, rejected from oxford, accepted to exeter (as my insurance choice) and waiting eagerly for KCL and UCL, but the LNAT is freaking me out
What time do LNAT results usually come out? Is it safe to say we won't be getting them today?
What time do LNAT results usually come out? Is it safe to say we won't be getting them today?

I haven't received anything... still waiting on LNAT, UCL and KCL :frown:
Reply 30
I haven't received anything... still waiting on LNAT, UCL and KCL :frown:

same here.... if we don't get results back for kcl/ucl in February i don't even know what i'll do with myself hahaha
Original post by r2795
same here.... if we don't get results back for kcl/ucl in February i don't even know what i'll do with myself hahaha

You have Exeter- don't worry, you're still safe :smile: but I get you, I'm literally on edge rn because of this and I just want to be over ASAP :'(
I'm exactly the same, but not long till we find out now! Where else have you applied? Have you got other offers?

I've applied to LSE, East Anglia and Leicester and have offers from all three :biggrin: How about you?
Original post by qwerty505
I've applied to LSE, East Anglia and Leicester and have offers from all three :biggrin: How about you?

Congrats on your offers!! :smile: Are you planning to go to the LSE offer holders day on 5th April? I just got the invite ^^
Original post by qwerty505

That's all right then!! You have three unis to fall back on in the worst case scenario, and LSE is the dream!
I applied there too for Anthropology and Law but got rejected :frown: Gutted because it was my favourite out of the London universities, but who can turn up their nose to King's and UCL? Definitely not me!
I only have one offer at the moment from Kent (Cambridge rejected me post-interview lol)
Original post by r2795
I am quite literally in the exact same position as you, rejected from LSE after second round due to personal statement, rejected from oxford, accepted to exeter (as my insurance choice) and waiting eagerly for KCL and UCL, but the LNAT is freaking me out

It's horrible isn't it? I don't take pleasure in your misfortune at all, but it's nice to know someone else is where I am! I have been so down about having three decisions and two of them being rejections.
How do you feel you did in your LNAT? I'm really not confident which isn't helping, I can't bear the thought of getting 4 rejections.
I'll cross my fingers for the both of us for good news from Kings and UCL!!

I have no idea of the time, but yes I can agree it doesn't seem likely we will get them today. It's frustrating we can't be given a specific date isn't it? "Early February" could be up until the 13th technically! I hope it's sooner than that lol
That's all right then!! You have three unis to fall back on in the worst case scenario, and LSE is the dream!
I applied there too for Anthropology and Law but got rejected :frown: Gutted because it was my favourite out of the London universities, but who can turn up their nose to King's and UCL? Definitely not me!
I only have one offer at the moment from Kent (Cambridge rejected me post-interview lol)

I'm sure you did fine!! Besides UCL and Kings are both amazing unis so hopefully it's good news. How comes you didn't apply for straight law at LSE?
Congrats on your offers!! :smile: Are you planning to go to the LSE offer holders day on 5th April? I just got the invite ^^

Yeah definitely :biggrin: It's looking like LSE will be my firm regardless but really want to know my LNAT anyway
I have no idea of the time, but yes I can agree it doesn't seem likely we will get them today. It's frustrating we can't be given a specific date isn't it? "Early February" could be up until the 13th technically! I hope it's sooner than that lol

I know especially considering that results could have been handed out on the test date like the UKCAT.

Quick Reply

Latest