The Student Room Group

Weird to keep going to the library alone?

I'm in final year and over the years I've tended to go to the library on my own. There has only been a handful of instances in which I've been with friends but they have turned out to be unproductive sessions. A lot of my friends commute and others work better at home so I don't really have an option but to go to the library by myself. I always, always feel like I'm being judged though, if I see regulars there. The ground floor section is a more laid back area where people do group work etc but I tend to study on the first floor which is a silent zone. I always feel quite embarrassed walking past the people on the ground floor - there are probably people that have seen me there before, always alone. Once I'm there I do get quite a bit of work done and it's really the only place I can concentrate nowadays.

Am I over reacting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm in final year and over the years I've tended to go to the library on my own. There has only been a handful of instances in which I've been with friends but they have turned out to be unproductive sessions. A lot of my friends commute and others work better at home so I don't really have an option but to go to the library by myself. I always, always feel like I'm being judged though, if I see regulars there. The ground floor section is a more laid back area where people do group work etc but I tend to study on the first floor which is a silent zone. I always feel quite embarrassed walking past the people on the ground floor - there are probably people that have seen me there before, always alone. Once I'm there I do get quite a bit of work done and it's really the only place I can concentrate nowadays.

Am I over reacting?

No one cares. People are too busy worrying about themselves.
Yes, you're overreacting.
deffo overeacting. i don't think anyone cares... people are there to work, not spend their day judging people :smile: you're okay

Am I over reacting?

Considering it's a library and you're studying imo it is weirder to go accompanied - your productivity would not be at its peak

No one cares though
I can't comprehend what would be so weird about going to study in the library alone? I go alone allll the time
Reply 6
I always go to the library alone - nothing is worse than someone talking to you all the time when you just want to get on with whatever it is that needs to get done..

I mostly go into lectures alone too because I'm not there to talk... I'm at a lecture to learn and take notes, not to have a catch up with people!!

Am I over reacting?

I go to the library by my self
Most of the time when i go with friends the sessions tend to be unproductive
At home i get soo distracted
In the library i get most of my work done :smile:

Trust me no one cares of you are alone or not in tbe library
My library is simillar but all you do is walk past them
Why should you care what they think
They may be wasting their time
Let them
You be productive with yours

Am I over reacting?

lol there is nothing wrong with going to the library by yourself. You're there to study, it's hardly a social occasion...
Yes its weird that you are going to a location mostly for quiet study to quietly study.
Original post by toonervoustotalk

Trust me no one cares if you are alone or not in the library
Let them

Lovely.
Reply 11
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I go to the library by my self
Most of the time when i go with friends the sessions tend to be unproductive
At home i get soo distracted
In the library i get most of my work done :smile:

Trust me no one cares of you are alone or not in tbe library
Let them

I couldn't agree more with you. Well said.

IMHO, I think the library is one of the places where is "fine" and "normal" to go alone.
you WHAT?! It's A LIBRARY. Not a CLUB. It's a place of STUDY!

Or kipping between classes :couchpotato: :colone:
Reply 13
I would find it far stranger to go with people. Unless it's like for a group project, there's no benefit to having people with you, in fact I find it a hindrance :dontknow:
You know what, forget those idiots and live ur life, f u k em all!
I've never understood people who go with someone. If you're going into a library you're likely trying to get away from distractions; not create new ones.
It really does feel weird to go to the library all alone for me, it just feels like I am a loser at making friends, there are some fake friends of mine who say that library is for lonely people like me and I found their opinions to be very rude, I just want to get rid of them in the most painful way if I could. I don't give a **** of what my fake friends have to say, I am just proud of being myself(Kind of proud) and I don't let emotional bullying bring me down.

Am I over reacting?

Nobody cares. Do what is best for you. Take some music and food etc. the important thing is that you are productive.
How is that strange?

I go library if i need too or if can't concentrate at home
I have free periods on friday mornings so I always spend that time in the library by myself doing work, never had a problem with this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending