The Student Room Group

Is trump wanting to build a wall racist/completely wrong?

Disclaimer: I do not support trump. Mainly due to his neglect of climate change and removal of abortion rights.
But... I spoke to 2 girls the other day and said...
''Do you think trump wanting to build a wall is racist/completely wrong''
They looked shocked and said...
''Erm of course?''
I then told them that…
''You do realize Mexico have their own border wall with armed guards''?
They literally looked at each other in shock and were apparently taking the time to 'process' what i said. They didn't deny it or come up with any sort of response... they then asked me…
''do you support trump (with disgusted looking faces)?''
... Seriously... do we all have to make up stuff that has no logic in the argument against trump in order to not be trump supporters/fascists? I share a lot of left wing values (some right wing as well) but I’m so sick of people making up stuff out of nothing… the funny thing is the had no argument what so ever and just reacted by acting so shocked as if I said the N word….

For all of those who want to see their wall:
http://static.snopes.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/fence2.jpg
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mexico+have+a+wall&safe=active&rlz=1C1ASUM_enGB717GB717&espv=2&biw=960&bih=487&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-y9Lrg-XRAhXoI8AKHd7aBC0Q_AUIBygC#imgrc=mTAxil7vovpVrM%3A
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mexico+have+a+wall&safe=active&rlz=1C1ASUM_enGB717GB717&espv=2&biw=960&bih=487&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-y9Lrg-XRAhXoI8AKHd7aBC0Q_AUIBygC#imgrc=63Rzsxdq_LlyFM%3A
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James385
Disclaimer: I do not support trump. Mainly due to his neglect of climate change and removal of abortion rights.
But... I spoke to 2 girls the other day and said...
''Do you think trump wanting to build a wall is racist/completely wrong''
They looked shocked and said...
''Erm of course?''
I then told them that…
''You do realize Mexico have their own border wall with armed guards''?
They literally looked at each other in shock and were apparently taking the time to 'process' what i said. They didn't deny it or come up with any sort of response... they then asked me…
''do you support trump (with disgusted looking faces)?''
... Seriously... do we all have to make up stuff that has no logic in the argument against trump in order to not be trump supporters/fascists? I share a lot of left wing values (some right wing as well) but I’m so sick of people making up stuff out of nothing… the funny thing is the had no argument what so ever and just reacted by acting so shocked as if I said the N word….

For all of those who want to see their wall:
http://static.snopes.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/fence2.jpg
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mexico+have+a+wall&safe=active&rlz=1C1ASUM_enGB717GB717&espv=2&biw=960&bih=487&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-y9Lrg-XRAhXoI8AKHd7aBC0Q_AUIBygC#imgrc=mTAxil7vovpVrM%3A
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mexico+have+a+wall&safe=active&rlz=1C1ASUM_enGB717GB717&espv=2&biw=960&bih=487&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-y9Lrg-XRAhXoI8AKHd7aBC0Q_AUIBygC#imgrc=63Rzsxdq_LlyFM%3A

The wall is basically a waste of money.
He just wants to be remembered for something.

(edited 7 years ago)
Walls divide. Ask Berlin.
Yes, open borders for all (except non-White majority countries)

Down with White supremacy !

Anti-racist codeword for anti-White

You're hypocrites at its finest. You can pull the race card, tied to your darker than White skin. That is your privilege.
Original post by Cuck Slayer
Yes, open borders for all (except non-White majority countries)

Down with White supremacy !

Anti-racist codeword for anti-White

You're hypocrites at its finest. You can pull the race card, tied to your darker than White skin. That is your privilege.

Damn son, how many cucks you slayed with that post? They must be quivering in fear.
No.I don't think it is racist. There are so many walls all over the world.

EDIT:Not like I support him.lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by yudothis
Walls divide. Ask Berlin.

The berlin wall was a far different situation
Original post by AperfectBalance
The berlin wall was a far different situation

Yes.

Walls still divide.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Not really. A fascist regime tried to keep their populace from fleeing their regime. Just this time, they are going the other way.

stop being so stupid and calling everything you dislike fascist, you have no clue what fascism is.
Even if the purpose of the wall was to stop immigrants its useless.

a) people will find loopholes and ways to bypass the wall. Crossing the Sea and tunnels come to mind.

b) More importantly most illegals enter with a visa and overstay. Wtf will a wall do to that? And as Trump supporters conveniently point out, Obama has deported a lot of illegals in his time.

The wall isnt racist, Trump is a racist but arguing over whether or not the wall is will never end.

What is certain however is that its designed to give trump supporters and stupid rednecks a feeling of security. Thats it. A billion dollar project to give dumb people an emotion.
Original post by YoloBaggins00
The wall is basically a waste of money.

Exactly. At least it'll be funny seeing:
1. Where they get enough legal workers from to build it;
2. Whether they remove Mexican trade tariffs once the cost has notionally been collected.

If he really thinks that a wall will work, when are the ones along the Canadian border and coasts going up?
People, please, it's 2017. This is an extremely bad move by Trump, utterly wrong.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AperfectBalance
stop being so stupid and calling everything you dislike fascist, you have no clue what fascism is.

But you do? :rolleyes:

I would love to see your response as to why he is wrong, why you know what fascism and that how you know that he has no clue what it means.
southern USA has an illegal immigration problem, no one can deny that there are millions of illegals from South America. A wall is a practical solution to that problem. It won't be perfect but if it was done properly I see no reason why it won't be able to have a big impact on people getting through via the ground border.

As for people's dumb arguments like "Walls are bad because they divide!" or "Look at the Berlin wall, how much good did that do" I dont even know where to start. The Berlin wall divided in its own country, it's completly different.

As for walls are bad becuz they divide? OK. They also build houses by dividing the indoor resident from the outdoor weather. Stupid argument.
Are we forgetting that Mexicans aren't a race? Also, I don't remember wanting to keep ILLEGAL immigrants out of a country is bad. Next people will be making cases for paedophiles to work in nursery and primary schools

None of those pictures show a wall on the Mexico-Guatemala border. The first is a fence on the Israel-Egypt border near Eilat. The second is the existing US-Mexico border fence in Arizona, and the third doesn't actually show a wall or fence at all. You'd have found that out if you actually went to the Snopes article that the first image is from.

Most of the Mexico-Guatemala border is wild country like mountains, rainforests, or waterways that it would be a nightmare for Mexico to police even if they wanted to. Which they don't, for the most part. While on some of the more easily crossable sections of border do have checkpoints and border guards, they're usually just there to stop drug smugglers rather than migrants.

So yeah, you're talking ****.
The great wall of china worked pretty well keeping the Mongols out.

Probably where Trump got the idea from lol
Original post by Treeroy
"Look at the Berlin wall, how much good did that do" I dont even know where to start. The Berlin wall divided in its own country, it's completly different.

Er, no it didn't. Did you not know that Germany was actually two separate countries while the Berlin Wall was up?
Original post by anarchism101
Er, no it didn't. Did you not know that Germany was actually two separate countries while the Berlin Wall was up?

yes Germany was one country then they split it in 2 and built a wall right??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending