The Student Room Group

Will My Courses Get me into what I want to do at Uni?

Hi Guys,

At the moment i'm in the first year of sixth form. I study A level Maths and Physics and also Chemistry. Furthermore I do a Btec in Music Tech. I've thought about dropping Chemistry as the workload from the A levels and the Btec is getting tough. I don't enjoy Chemistry that much and I have just thought to drop it.

Would I still be able to get into Design Engineering with just 2 A-Levels and my Btec?

I'm just confused.

Thanks for reading.
Toby
I did BTEC Hair and Beauty and i got into Medicine ! so dont worry...

focus on your studies !

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE
Original post by Retuos
Hi Guys,

At the moment i'm in the first year of sixth form. I study A level Maths and Physics and also Chemistry. Furthermore I do a Btec in Music Tech. I've thought about dropping Chemistry as the workload from the A levels and the Btec is getting tough. I don't enjoy Chemistry that much and I have just thought to drop it.

Would I still be able to get into Design Engineering with just 2 A-Levels and my Btec?

I'm just confused.

Thanks for reading.
Toby

What do universities want for entry requirements onto design engineering courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
What do universities want for entry requirements onto design engineering courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got this of the Loughborough Univeristy Website just as a guide.

For MEng
AAA including Maths and either Physics, Design and Technology or Engineering. Science A Levels Practical skills element required? Yes

For BEng
ABB including Maths and either Physics, Design and Technology or Engineering at A2 or Physics and Design and Technology at A2 with Maths AS level Grade A Science A Levels Practical skills element required? Yes
Reply 4
Original post by money-for-all

focus on your studies !

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

So if I drop out of Chemistry it shouldn't matter?
Reply 5
Original post by money-for-all

focus on your studies !

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

Really?!:colonhash:
Original post by Retuos
I got this of the Loughborough Univeristy Website just as a guide.

For MEng
AAA including Maths and either Physics, Design and Technology or Engineering. Science A Levels Practical skills element required? Yes

For BEng
ABB including Maths and either Physics, Design and Technology or Engineering at A2 or Physics and Design and Technology at A2 with Maths AS level Grade A Science A Levels Practical skills element required? Yes

And how does that match up with your expectations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Retuos
Hi Guys,

I'm just confused.

Thanks for reading.
Toby

If this is the case then apply carefully as some universities for your chosen course only accept 3 A-Levels and no BTEC. It's possible yes depending on where you apply to.
Reply 8
Original post by ageshallnot
And how does that match up with your expectations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know as of yet
Reply 9
Original post by Retuos
I don't know as of yet

Contact Lboro, and any other universities you are interested in, and ask them about your A-level and BTEC choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending