The Student Room Group

ESRC+3 and references

IF I studied for a MRes and wanted to carry on for a PhD, could I use 2 references from the same course for ESRC funding? I ask as I graduated 15 years ago and my tutor retired a year or two later. The MRes I'm looking at will accept a professional reference in lieu of one academic but would I be hindered if I offered two from the MRes but nothing from my undergrad course?
The more recent the better especially if they're from a research context as a taught undergrad course is very different from a PhD. You can always check with the uni if you are worried.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
The more recent the better especially if they're from a research context as a taught undergrad course is very different from a PhD. You can always check with the uni if you are worried.

Thanks. The uni itself is okay with the lack of undergrad but I was wondering specifically about the funding body side of things.
Again you'll have to check with the funding body and it'll depend on how the application process works. Do you apply to the uni or the funding body? Or both? If it's both I suspect your potential supervisor will also have to submit a letter of support.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending