The Student Room Group

A-level Maths S2 module

How long does it roughly take to learn all the content for the S2 module?
Original post by Philip-flop

It took me one month, but it might take longer depending on how many subjects you're doing.
Original post by YoloBaggins00
It took me one month, but it might take longer depending on how many subjects you're doing.

Amazing! Approximately how many hours a day did you spend studying S2 during that month?
Amazing! Approximately how many hours a day did you spend studying S2 during that month?

Around 3 hours on weekdays and half an hour on weekends.

It will really depend on you as a student, are you taking further maths? It can take up to a few months for some students and it is possible to learn it in a week for others. I suggest if you are rushed for time that you learn it quickly and do not spend too long doing lots and lots of each question in books, and then you spend time on the summary questions for each topic. Then quickly move onto past papers and you will hopefully see rapid improvement in your results after completing 3/4 papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just want to ask for those who are commenting...

For the exam questions, throughout all the years, do they stay consistent in what they expect the student to answer (strict methods) or are they fiddly? Im looking to self teach myself S2. I got an A in S1 and i noticed that all the exam papers were very consistent, only thing different were the numbers. Did badly in my M1 module you see. :redface:
Original post by Ameenk95

For the exam questions, throughout all the years, do they stay consistent in what they expect the student to answer (strict methods) or are they fiddly? Im looking to self teach myself S2. I got an A in S1 and i noticed that all the exam papers were very consistent, only thing different were the numbers. Did badly in my M1 module you see. :redface:

All the questions were all the same?! What exam board are you doing? I want to switch boards.
Original post by Ameenk95

The questions are very similar in style yes, as there are so few topics in S2 there is very little range in the possible questions they can ask. I would personally say that S1 questions range more in style then S2. Though due to this, grade boundaries are often high (this is speaking for AQA, I do not know about other exam boards)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest