The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
As Trump's mother is Scottish, I believe that means he is enititled to British citizenship. He should apply forthwith, preventing any possible chance of being banned from the UK. It would be worth it alone just to witness all the screeching, anti-Trump leftists go into an apocalyptic meltdown.
Original post by Wōden
As Trump's mother is Scottish, I believe that means he is enititled to British citizenship. He should apply forthwith, preventing any possible chance of being banned from the UK. It would be worth it alone just to witness all the screeching, anti-Trump leftists go into an apocalyptic meltdown.

I'm just glad Americans won't be voting for him after these 4 years and I'm 100% sure that Brits will not stand for a similar ban on refugees :-)
Reply 3
Original post by queen-bee
I'm just glad Americans won't be voting for him after these 4 years and I'm 100% sure that Brits will not stand for a similar ban on refugees :-)
100% of the entire population or 100% of the 48% that voted Remain? Or is it a bit more complex than that?
I really do dislike him, he's a racist, homophobic, sexist **** - but at the end of the day he's the president of America now and we can't change that - we need to keep things civil and the best way to influence him is to through talks with him, hopefully the UK can help to dilute some of his extreme views, or we can try at least. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer and all that.
Not surprising from a country that voted Brexit. Not to mention he is the president...
Original post by viffer
100% of the entire population or 100% of the 48% that voted Remain? Or is it a bit more complex than that?

I'm 100% sure it's never going to happen. Theresa May has condemned it. don't get your hopes up!
As much as I despise him, I don't have a problem with Trump coming the UK.

Just because Trump and his delicate Trumpanzees want to turn the USA into a safe space to protect themselves from what threatens them (refugees from certain countries, Mexicans, quality foreign imports) doesn't mean Britain has to follow.
Reply 8
Original post by Mathemagicien
The US seems to complain most about Chinese goods, which are hardly what I would call quality..

Where are iphones made?

And much of Trump's campaign merchandise for that matter...
Not a 'Trumpanzee', but that is a huge oversimplification of international trade issues. The US seems to complain most about Chinese goods, which are hardly what I would call quality. I haven't heard anywhere near the same level of complaints about German goods, despite the US running a very large deficit with Germany, and Germany having an export surplus comparable to China's.

His advisers have already excused Germany of devaluing the Euro to gain an export advantage.
When the Saudi's came for their state visit, I didn't see any leftie snowflakes complain. One standard for Moslems and another for Non-Moslems?

Lefties doing what they do best, being hypocrites. No doubt these were the same idiots that petitioned for a second referendum :doh:
Reply 11
It is assembled mostly in China.

Assembly is a fairly important part of the process though.
Reply 12

Best not count all your hens before they've hatched. This time last year, nobody (myself included) believed Trump would even win the presidential nomination, let alone the actual presidency. Well, look what happened.

The world you thought you knew is crumbling and we are entering an era of change the likes of which we have not seen for many decades, maybe even centuries. Real change, not the platitudinous "change" flacid politicians like Obama and Truduea love to drone on about.
Original post by Wōden
Best not count all your hens before they've hatched. This time last year, nobody (myself included) believed Trump would even win the presidential nomination, let alone the actual presidency. Well, look what happened.

The world you thought you knew is crumbling and we are entering an era of change the likes of which we have not seen for many decades, maybe even centuries. Real change, not the platitudinous "change" flacid politicians like Obama and Truduea love to drone on about.

Yes,a white supremacist president is making 'real changes'.
Original post by Wōden

Maybe in a year we will all be dead, and our species on the brink of extinction after global thermonuclear war. Who knows, right?
Yes,a white supremacist president is making 'real changes'.

Please stop confusing him for a white supremacist, doing this really makes white supremacy feel much weaker,if you look at real white supremacists they are horribly racist and view blacks and other minorities as slaves. watch a Louie Theroux on them, It shows you how they are on their best of days.

You can hate trump all you want but he is no white supremacist
Original post by Quantex
As much as I despise him, I don't have a problem with Trump coming the UK.

Just because Trump and his delicate Trumpanzees want to turn the USA into a safe space to protect themselves from what threatens them (refugees from certain countries, Mexicans, quality foreign imports) doesn't mean Britain has to follow.

This. UK won't be implementing any of the snowflakes policies, and he's necessary to keep close.
If he were a white supremacist, he would act in stages. He could very well be a white supremacist, slowly pushing the US into a race war. That seems to be his plan at the moment...

You are as silly as those people that claim jews run the world or that obama is a lizard, although you hide under a veil of *Intelligent* words and long paragraphs
Original post by BurstingBubbles
I really do dislike him, he's a racist, homophobic, sexist **** - but at the end of the day he's the president of America now and we can't change that - we need to keep things civil and the best way to influence him is to through talks with him, hopefully the UK can help to dilute some of his extreme views, or we can try at least. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer and all that.

Please, do quote us something Trump has said that might be construed as homophobic, or even racist.
Hardly surprising considering the offer has already been given and to refuse would be a massive insult.
He is also visiting as the leader of one of our closest allies and representative of his country, so his policies are overshadowed.
I dont think he should have been offered it this early considering previous protocol, but he's coming now. The need for a trade deal is great and the UK needs friends. Would have been more senisble to have it three years down the line when things had settled..

Agreeing with the visit doesnt automatically mean you agree with his policies.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending