The Student Room Group

Cissexism

Anyone follow the recent outrage by the trans agenda that women dare make use of their genitalia in protests?

"Trump did say pussies specifically, but you can't say pussies because Trump is against women not just pussies and I am a woman. But I have a penis."

I do not understand their need to spread their "women can have penises and men can have vaginas" agenda. I appreciate that psychologically they may genuinely feel they belong to the other gender. But that doesn't meant you are a man just because you feel like one. You are a transman, or transwoman, and the sooner you accept that the better. If anything, campaigning for the acknowledgement of more than just two genders would make much more sense to me.
Reply 1
Men have penises and women have vaginas. It's the whole characteristic to male and female. I'm afraid if you change your gender you'll never fully be that gender, you're a boy who became a girl or vice versa. I think it'd be hugely unfair for women to have a transgender man race them in the olympics, what will equality say then?

If someone feels like they're the opposite gender and transform into it, it's exactly that. At core they're still their born gender but ask to be recognised differently which is fine so long as they remember they're not equal to the gender they identify as. For example if I became a women, I can't act like I know what a period feels like…
Gender and Sex are different, if you want to know more then look it up because I am too lazy to explain.
it is no longer acceptable to use the P word; instead you should refer to it as the Male Clitoris
Reply 4
Original post by Willy Pete
Gender and Sex are different, if you want to know more then look it up because I am too lazy to explain.

No ****, if you had read the OP, you'd know.
Reply 5
Original post by the bear
it is no longer acceptable to use the P word; instead you should refer to it as the Male Clitoris

You are unbearable.
Original post by yudothis
No ****, if you had read the OP, you'd know.

Your OP suggests that you don't understand the difference.
Reply 7
Your OP suggests that you don't understand the difference.

I wrote that they may genuinely feel like belonging to the other gender. Gender. Not sex. Now go away. If you have nothing to contribute other than saying you are too lazy to explain, then you are of no use.
I wrote that they may genuinely feel like belonging to the other gender. Gender. Not sex. Now go away. If you have nothing to contribute other than saying you are too lazy to explain, then you are of no use.

This is why you need to read into the subject more.

Just a note, man and woman are both gender terms, not biological sex.
Reply 9
This is why you need to read into the subject more.

Just a note, man and woman are both gender terms, not biological sex.

No **** Sherlock. :facepalm:
there-are-only-2-gender-1678392.png
Original post by zayn008
I think it'd be hugely unfair for women to have a transgender man race them in the olympics, what will equality say then?

ummmm - you're a lot less in tune with sport than the olympic committee then.
https://stillmed.olympic.org/Documents/Commissions_PDFfiles/Medical_commission/2015-11_ioc_consensus_meeting_on_sex_reassignment_and_hyperandrogenism-en.pdf

Trans people have been able to compete as their transitioned gender for decades. From a year ago they were able to compete without the need for any surgical procedures.
Reply 12
Original post by PQ
ummmm - you're a lot less in tune with sport than the olympic committee then.
https://stillmed.olympic.org/Documents/Commissions_PDFfiles/Medical_commission/2015-11_ioc_consensus_meeting_on_sex_reassignment_and_hyperandrogenism-en.pdf

Trans people have been able to compete as their transitioned gender for decades. From a year ago they were able to compete without the need for any surgical procedures.

that's unfair in my opinion
Original post by zayn008
that's unfair in my opinion

I'd rather trust the opinions of professional sport scientists, doctors and the olympic committee on what is fair in this case over an A level student :yes:
Reply 14
Original post by PQ
I'd rather trust the opinions of professional sport scientists, doctors and the olympic committee on what is fair in this case over an A level student :yes:

The same ones that wanted people like Semenya take testosterone inhibitors?

And what does without surgery mean? A "woman" with a penis racing against women with vaginas?
Reply 15
Original post by PQ

Think you'll also find that Olympic athletes, the ones who actually play the games, hold a similar opinion and said it gives transgenders an unfair advantage
Original post by zayn008
Think you'll also find that Olympic athletes, the ones who actually play the games, hold a similar opinion and said it gives transgenders an unfair advantage

Or there's a certain fear of being called "transphobe" for voicing ones opinion.
Reply 17
Original post by Dodgypirate
Or there's a certain fear of being called "transphobe" for voicing ones opinion.

TERF I think you find is the term.
TERF I think you find is the term.

TERF only applies to radical feminists.

There's plenty of transphobes from other communities.:frown:
Reply 19
Original post by PQ
TERF only applies to radical feminists.

There's plenty of transphobes from other communities.:frown:

I am sorry count me as one.

As I said, I don't understand why they need to be labelled as one of the two traditional genders. I have no problem with adding genders. But claiming to be something you just aren't, is not right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending