The Student Room Group

Heathrow graduate future leaders program

Has anybody applied for this programme and if so could you briefly explain how your assessments went particularly the video interview?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JobSeeker001
Has anybody applied for this programme and if so could you briefly explain how your assessments went particularly the video interview?

I've applied, although I haven't done the video interview yet.
Reply 2
I also haven't done the video interview yet. Do you guys know when the deadline for the application?
Original post by N.Alem
I also haven't done the video interview yet. Do you guys know when the deadline for the application?

February 9th I think. You have 5 days to do the video interview once you get the email. They also hire on a rolling basis. So if they get the required amount of graduates then they'll close the application process early.
Reply 4
Hi guys. The video interview is one of the more difficult ones I've done. It's not a simple "Describe a time when you x, y and z" set of competency questions where you can waffle on about a past project. The questions are situational. So for each q, there's a whole paragraph on a hypothetical task you are set. Followed by three or four questions asking you how you would approach this eg. what you would do to prepare for this, who'd you consult, what would be your actions, what would be the desired result. So instead of approaching this using the usual STAR technique, it requires you focus on the A and R (as they present the situation and task for you with a splurge of text). I found it fairly pressurised. Always break down your answer into sections. Don't spend too much time on one element of what you'd do. You can end your answer anytime you like, but I'd suggest using the full 120 seconds or so. The time shot by, so keep everything concise.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hiya1
Hi guys. The video interview is one of the more difficult ones I've done. It's not a simple "Describe a time when you x, y and z" set of competency questions where you can waffle on about a past project. The questions are situational. So for each q, there's a whole paragraph on a hypothetical task you are set. Followed by three or four questions asking you how you would approach this eg. what you would do to prepare for this, who'd you consult, what would be your actions, what would be the desired result. So approach using the STAR technique but in a hypothetical situation, it's not about a past experience of yours. I found it fairly pressurised. Always break down your answer into sections. Don't spend too much time on one element of what you'd do. You can end your answer anytime you like, but I'd suggest using the full 120 seconds or so. The time shot by, so keep everything concise.

Yeah it was difficult. The sub sections of the questions were very specific.
Reply 6
Hi guys, thanks for your advice. How much time do you have to prepare for each question?
Reply 7
Original post by dozol
Hi guys, thanks for your advice. How much time do you have to prepare for each question?

Someone who's done it more recently, please correct me, but I think they give you 2 minutes to read through the q. Personally, I had zero time to write any plan/notes down.
Original post by hiya1
Someone who's done it more recently, please correct me, but I think they give you 2 minutes to read through the q. Personally, I had zero time to write any plan/notes down.

It wasn't two minutes for me. It was 90 seconds to prepare for the question.
Hi, I am planning to do my video interview tomorrow. Are you able to provide me with some specific examples of any questions you can remember? I would REALLY appreciate it :smile: @hiya1 @JobSeeker001 @Tokyo Ghoul
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
I downright failed at the interview dude. I couldn't answer even the example question. I did the first two and thought yeah maybe they they aren't looking for people like me.
The questions were very hard and specific and I had no experience managing anything so I didn't even know where to start and never even had a real interview before. All-round not so good experience for me.
Hi, does every applicant get a video interview or is it a selective process?
Reply 12
Definitely the most challenging video interview I have had thus far - however, it was definitely interesting. Has anyone actually progressed to the next stage. I know they said they are recruiting on a rolling basis, and indeed, the applications have closed I believe, but has anyone moved to the later stages yet ?
Reply 13
Original post by NGSR
Definitely the most challenging video interview I have had thus far - however, it was definitely interesting. Has anyone actually progressed to the next stage. I know they said they are recruiting on a rolling basis, and indeed, the applications have closed I believe, but has anyone moved to the later stages yet ?

Completed that video interview weeks ago now and haven't had an update of any sort since.
Original post by NGSR

I did mine two weeks back. Haven't received any update yet. I'm assuming most people didn't do well due to the people that hadn't completed the video interview yet we're invited to an online Q&A session regarding the video interview.
Reply 15
I am going to do mine on Friday. Any tips please
Reply 16
Hi everyone, could you tell me if the questions are written ? Would you have any example of questions ? Are there only situation or also competency-based ? Thanks :smile: Wishing you the best @Mika2 @TokyoGhoul @hiya1 @NGSR @fatimarana @Myxc @jaydeejade @dozol @N.Alem @JobSeeker001
(edited 7 years ago)
I found out today that I made it past the video interview and so I've now got the coaching phone interview. Anyone else heard?
Reply 18
Yes same, got mine on Friday
I have got a telephone interview Monday! If anyone has theirs before and has any hints they'd like to give it would be much appreciated! Good luck to all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending