The Student Room Group

Asking all STUDENT NURSES - What can I expect the timetable to be like?

Hello,

I'm starting an Adult Nursing course on March 1st. I'm trying to ascertain what can be expected from the timetables, in terms of hours per week, hours per day, content and when placements generally start.

I'm going to Derby University so if any Derby SN's are able to answer then that would be great, however I can't imagine the content varies much between unis so if anybody from any uni doing nursing could give me an answer I'd be most grateful.

Thank you 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by KingLhasaApso
Hello,

I'm starting an Adult Nursing course on March 1st. I'm trying to ascertain what can be expected from the timetables, in terms of hours per week, hours per day, content and when placements generally start.

I'm going to Derby University so if any Derby SN's are able to answer then that would be great, however I can't imagine the content varies much between unis so if anybody from any uni doing nursing could give me an answer I'd be most grateful.

Thank you 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Each uni has different amount of scheduled learning in lectures/ skills suites etc so is best to email Derby, i'm sure they will help. Content is on their website under 'what you will cover'
Okay thank you very much x

Posted from TSR Mobile
expect to need to do at least double and more independent study to face to face. get the hang of it as soon as you can. expect to work full time on placement and possibly an essay or two. studying up on topics you come across is very effective.

We are on placement starting in June and then in October I know that much. I also know our holiday weeks for the first year if you want them x
Ooh yes please Flamingcopper. Where did you find this info? Are you already on the course? Thanks for replying xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh yes please Flamingcopper. Where did you find this info? Are you already on the course? Thanks for replying xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm starting at Chesterfield in march, are you at Chesterfield or Derby Hun? I'm in the September chat group for Chesterfield and they told me the holidays for the first year x
Oh right. I'm starting Derby in March. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by flamingcopper
I'm starting at Chesterfield in march, are you at Chesterfield or Derby Hun? I'm in the September chat group for Chesterfield and they told me the holidays for the first year x

Hey Flaming, could you possibly give me the chat title to that group please Hun? Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Flaming, could you possibly give me the chat title to that group please Hun? Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's on Facebook messenger not an actual group on Facebook but it's for the Chesterfield campus xx
So how does it work for the March starts then, because all the September starts will be breaking up for the holidays in July. When is our half-terms and end of term etc? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
So how does it work for the March starts then, because all the September starts will be breaking up for the holidays in July. When is our half-terms and end of term etc? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I know we have 2 weeks off around Easter, 3 at the end of August and 2 around Christmas. Don't know if Derby will be the same but I would have thought they would be xx
Reply 13
There's no one answer. It's completely random. For example my second week of uni I was in 3pm till 8pm at night which is something I've never known but it happened! It was alllll over the place! Started to chill out abit after our first placement and we where mainly in 9-4 4 days a week x

Quick Reply

Latest