The Student Room Group

What type of politician is in the best position to combat the rise of far-right?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by That Bearded Man
I think the CLP wants to use Stoke to undermine Corbyns leadership, sad.

The leak of the poll putting UKIP way ahead came from a Labour source, so although it sounds counter intuitive, there may be some truth in what you suggest.

The Tories are running a phantom campaign in the hope Labour loses the seat. If what you say is correct, both the two major parties are running halfhearted campaigns, for their own machievellian reasons, leaving the field clear for UKIP.

Not really surprising that the "far right" is on the rise is it?
Original post by astutehirstute
There is a lot that can be said about Trump, much of it very bad indeed.

But what you can't say is that he isn't doing exactly what he promised he would do.

By the standards of American politics, global politics even, he is a man of his word to a quite surprising extent.

I agree.

But has nothing to do with what I said which was hiding the truth, and not, breaking promises.
Original post by jambojim97
No I don't mean that and don't know why you'd think that.

Because that's what you described perhaps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's what you think caused this.

But it's always easy to fuel people's hate by saying "those in power atm are at fault of your misery".
Original post by yudothis
I agree.

But has nothing to do with what I said which was hiding the truth, and not, breaking promises.

All politicians hide the truth, few keep their promises.
All politicians hide the truth, few keep their promises.

No one does it better than Trump.

You're fake news.

How do you feel idolizing a "malignant narcissist" as thousands of psychologists have now come forward?
Original post by Jammy Duel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only under your absurd conception.
The more moderate Right Wingers are the only people who can combat the hardcore Right Wingers. I am personally more Conservative, however, I don't like people like Trump (although, maybe we will have a better relationship with Russia after his Presidency..). You cannot however, combat Trump with Hard Left, as if the majority support the Right Wing, the are not going to go for the Left unless the Right really ****s up the country (for example, no American Conservative is ever going to vote for the Democrats, some even if the hardcore Right ****s America up completely). The same goes for centrists: despite the fact that some of their ideas might appeal, they still have ideas against the Hardcore Right Wing. Therefore, the only people who can properly combat the hardcore Right Wing are the more moderate Right wingers, who can appeal to the centrists and some left wingers as they are a better alternative to the hardcore right, and also to other conservative voters, who might both agree with the moderate Conservative's political message and also prefer the less radical stance taken by the hardcore Right.
Sorry for the "hardcores", just drank a **** tonne of Coffee and I have a serious buzz. Same goes to grammatical mistakes.
No one does it better than Trump.

You're fake news.

How do you feel idolizing a "malignant narcissist" as thousands of psychologists have now come forward?

He certainly has an "interesting" psychological profile, but then the type of personalities that reach the top, not just in politics, but the military, business, even the Church in times gone by, are/were almost always driven, ruthless, highly dysfunctional. With over inflated egos, superiority complexes, delusions of grandeur, you name it.

There was a study a while ago that showed that an extraordinary number of company CEO's are psychopaths. And it is logical. The exercise of power would clearly attract that type of person and they would have the necessary ruthlessness and indifference to the feelings of others to make it to there.
He certainly has an "interesting" psychological profile, but then the type of personalities that reach the top, not just in politics, but the military, business, even the Church in times gone by, are/were almost always driven, ruthless, highly dysfunctional. With over inflated egos, superiority complexes, delusions of grandeur, you name it.

There was a study a while ago that showed that an extraordinary number of company CEO's are psychopaths. And it is logical. The exercise of power would clearly attract that type of person and they would have the necessary ruthlessness and indifference to the feelings of others to make it to there.

That is common knowledge.

Nothing you have said defends Trump. You are trying to normalize him. Politicians tend to be narcissistic, yes, but not at this end of the spectrum. That's the point.

"Interesting". Humanity is "interesting". The one thing I will regret about dying is not finding out if we all kill each other or not.

"Interesting". Humanity is "interesting". The one thing I will regret about dying is not finding out if we all kill each other or not.

This website is bizarre at times, but that is the strangest thing I have read on here for quite a while.
This website is bizarre at times, but that is the strangest thing I have read on here for quite a while.

Someone wondering if humans will destroy their own planet or cause their own extinction?

If you think that is bizarre...
Someone wondering if humans will destroy their own planet or cause their own extinction?

If you think that is bizarre...

But why would not knowing that be your only regret about dying?

Actually don't bother replying. I have kind of lost the will to live myself during this exchange. :frown:
Theresa May, she has a very high approval rating and will almost certainly win the next election.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-conservatives-popularity-ratings-public-support-a7327726.html
But why would not knowing that be your only regret about dying?

Actually don't bother replying. I have kind of lost the will to live myself during this exchange. :frown:

Because I would love to find out.

And likewise, hence my comment...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending