The Student Room Group

Peter Capaldi on Doctor Who "season 10 will be my last" - who's next?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kalclash
Lennie James would get my vote. A top actor and the first black Dr Who. He adds so much tension to anything he's in. One of the most talented actors of our time.

He'd be brilliant, but I'd hate to see what it would do to his character in The Walking Dead :laugh:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
With Peter Capaldi announcing that the coming season of Doctor Who will be his last, who do you think will replace him?

Do you think he made a good Doctor Who, or are you happy to see him pass on the title?

I think Peter Capaldi is a great actor, I've seen him in many other programmes/films and thought his performance was great. I think the issue is with the writing. I was having this conversation with a friend the other day and we both kinda agreed that the focus has become much more on the production - the visuals and SFX and realism of the aliens/monsters whatever rather than a focus on the storylines - what I would consider the best part of Doctor Who (and just tv in general)

Considering that Steven Moffat is also leaving though, hopefully this problem will be solved and they will pick it back up again. I hope they do as it's one of my favourite programmes and I've sort of lost interest since David Tennant left.

Also I'd love to see Andrew Scott play the doctor, although this is probably quite unlikely (bring back David Tennant tbh)))
Would love Reece Shearsmith, currently 10/1
Original post by chelseadagg3r
He'd be brilliant, but I'd hate to see what it would do to his character in The Walking Dead :laugh:

I forgot he was in WD. I gave up with that during the season where they left the prison and basically just walked around, talking and nothing happened. It was literally like watching paint dry.

Lennie JAmes being in it makes me want to pick it up again. He was so good in Jericho, I can only imagine he'd be equally awesome in WD.
Original post by kalclash
I forgot he was in WD. I gave up with that during the season where they left the prison and basically just walked around, talking and nothing happened. It was literally like watching paint dry.

Lennie JAmes being in it makes me want to pick it up again. He was so good in Jericho, I can only imagine he'd be equally awesome in WD.

Yeah, that got old pretty quick. He's really good in it; I do like him. I'm hoping to meet him in early March. It's definitely picked back up with the action now, though
Reply 25
I'll be sad to see Capaldi go, he was my favourite Doctor. I thought it was refreshing to see a darker side of the character, and felt at times that he became a bit too childish with Matt Smith (although I did like Matt as well).
I think Capaldi got a good balance between the sarcasm and humour of an 'outsider', and the deeper fears and emotions of someone the audience could relate to.

Also, Heaven Sent is one of my favourite Dr Who episodes - everything about it was fantastic.

Not sure if I'll continue to watch Dr Who after Capaldi leaves, but it'll be interesting to see who takes over - it's like a national event when everyone finds out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending