The Student Room Group

49% of Brits back Trump's state visit.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
So she should keep the invite in her briefcase until the deal is done.

I agree. all rather unseemly. That poll will also include people who think it should go ahead because to withdraw it would be an insult to those who just view him as US head of state but may disagree with his policies. Bet the Queen is delighted to be dragged into this. Wouldnt surprise me if she is ill (she has been anyway).
Original post by Robbie_Rotten1
Stop being triggered; Obama did the same thing in 2011 for 6 months. TRIGGERED FEMINISTS.

TAXATION IS THEFT; NO NEED FOR CORPORATION TAX.

WE NEED A BUSINESS-ECONOMY

THATCHER 2020

No he didn't. He just altered eligibility for the visa waiver program and entry for refugees.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/foreignpolicy.com/2017/01/30/sorry-mr-president-the-obama-administration-did-nothing-similar-to-your-immigration-ban/amp/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Dodgypirate
Wait, what?

Trump said he was "against gay marriage"?

Who you talking about?

Trump has said:

"I think the institution of marriage should be between a man and a woman." (2000)

"I don't feel good about it. I don't feel right about it. I'm against it.... I'm opposed to gay marriage." (2011)
Original post by offhegoes
Trump has said:

"I think the institution of marriage should be between a man and a woman." (2000)

"I don't feel good about it. I don't feel right about it. I'm against it.... I'm opposed to gay marriage." (2011)

17 and 6 years ago...

Politicians change their minds all the time, look at Clinton and her views on gay marriage.

None of those quotes come across as homophobic. Bigoted, yes, not homophobic.
He might be a cu.nt but realistically we need to keep good relations with the POTUS.
Reply 45
Original post by 999tigger
Bet the Queen is delighted to be dragged into this. Wouldnt surprise me if she is ill (she has been anyway).

Or worse...
:ninja:
Original post by epoddoulc
When the Saudi's came for their state visit, I didn't see any leftie snowflakes complain. One standard for Moslems and another for Non-Moslems?

Lefties doing what they do best, being hypocrites. No doubt these were the same idiots that petitioned for a second referendum :doh:

Left wing views make more 'sense' if you look at it through a lens of self hatred. They hate everything about the countries in which they reside whether this be France, Britain or the US. So in their view whatever causes damage to our countries is good, they don't care about what Muslim or Chinese leaders do due to the fact this doesn't further their agenda of self hatred.
Reply 47
Original post by Dodgypirate
17 and 6 years ago...

Politicians change their minds all the time, look at Clinton and her views on gay marriage.

None of those quotes come across as homophobic. Bigoted, yes, not homophobic.

Trump has also said he would "strongly consider" appointing judges to overturn the decision granting same-sex marriage. (2016)

It doesn't sound like he's changed his mind, it sounds like he's avoiding making direct quotes against it, such as when he spoke of being in support of "traditional marriage."
Original post by queen-bee
Yes,a white supremacist president is making 'real changes'.

Please stop posting, you obviously know nothing so please stop embarrassing yourself.
Reply 49
Original post by demaistre
Left wing views make more 'sense' if you look at it through a lens of self hatred. They hate everything about the countries in which they reside whether this be France, Britain or the US. So in their view whatever causes damage to our countries is good, they don't care about what Muslim or Chinese leaders do due to the fact this doesn't further their agenda of self hatred.

Oh look, another amateur psychologist, and a biased one at that. This must be true.

You're talking utter shite.

In fact we love our country so much that we want to keep its assets in public hands instead of selling them off to foreigners as the "patriotic" right have done.
Oh look, another amateur psychologist, and a biased one at that. This must be true.

Don't need to be a psychologist to tell the left has a serious masochism streak, whether it be degrading Christianity (domestic) but defending Islam (foreign), to degrading their own nation's history.
Reply 52
Original post by yudothis
He is destroying core values that America has gone to war for.

Perceived economic or security benefits are just that, perceived, and not worth it. In addition, he is creating an incredibly unstable world.

No one but his laphounds would believe that America is benefiting from a Trump presidency.
You have basically described Obama's presidency
Original post by JamesN88
You're talking utter shite.

In fact we love our country so much that we want to keep its assets in public hands instead of selling them off to foreigners as the "patriotic" right have done.

You hate the country just as you hate everything for which it stood.
I agree the nation should keep its key industries and assets essential to a nation's survival in state hands.
The so called 'Conservatives' might sell our assets to foreigners, but the left supports the swamping of Western nations by mass immigration. Want a guess which will cause more damage in the long run?
Reply 54
Don't need to be a psychologist to tell the left has a serious masochism streak, whether it be degrading Christianity (domestic) but defending Islam (foreign), to degrading their own nation's history.

Actually I'm afraid that's precisely what you do need to be in order to be anything other than just a numpty spouting your own opinionated, prejudiced bile :smile:

Even that it's hardly hard science.
Actually I'm afraid that's precisely what you do need to be in order to be anything other than just a numpty spouting your own opinionated, prejudiced bile :smile:

Even that it's hardly hard science.

You don't need to have a degree in psychology to observe simple trends, no more than you need to be a doctor to tell that massive bleeding is bad.
I'm not prejudiced, if anything I simply pity you people :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by queen-bee
Of gosh what was I thinking..trump's just so perfect and he isn't racist at all. He's such a loveable character. Even the ALT-RIGHT Love him(white supremacists). He's so lovingly towards minorities in the states. In your ****ing dreams. The man is a white supremacist an de I genuinely feel sorry for minority communities right now
When you get your knickers in a twist make sure you get your facts right or you will just look like an idiot.

The Democrats are the KKK. The Democrats are the ones who wanted slavery. The Republicans opposed them - read your history. The Democrats are the warmongers and racists. There is no evidence to suggest Trump is racist.

Just another brainwashed leftie!
You hate the country just as you hate everything for which it stood.
I agree the nation should keep its key industries and assets essential to a nation's survival in state hands.
The so called 'Conservatives' might sell our assets to foreigners, but the left supports the swamping of Western nations by mass immigration. Want a guess which will cause more damage in the long run?

Left wing =/= SJW and I'm pretty sure I don't hate the country. What exactly did it stand for and now doesn't that I'm supposed to hate?

On a side note the last time I checked Frau Merkel was leader of a centre-right party.
Original post by JamesN88
Left wing =/= SJW and I'm pretty sure I don't hate the country. What exactly did it stand for and now doesn't that I'm supposed to hate?

On a side note the last time I checked Frau Merkel was leader of a centre-right party.

Was Tony Blair what you would describe as an SJW?
'traditional' values is what it stood for, but they have been torn down and replaced by a cult of tolerance.
If you think Merkel is on the right then I have a bridge over the river Kwai to sell you. She's a globalist stooge, who hates her country as evidenced by pretty much her every action.
All major 'right' wing parties in the west bar a few are really in the centre if that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 59
That statistic, if true is worrying. However, lets be realistic he is now the most powerful man in the world and theres is nothing we can do to stop him from coming, what we must do is accept what has happened-it is democracy whether or not we like it. We should challenge him and question his perceptions-not stand to the side and accept it like Theresa May.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending