The Student Room Group

It's been pointed out to be I'm too old for this forum

Come to think of it 25 does seem too old enough. Clearly, I've risen beyond the limits of a mere student and into the realm of the grown ups.

A realm alien to most of you lot.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We have mature students on this forum who are way past their 50s or 60s. If you're too old then they're ancient...

Having said that I don't see why people think you have to be under 21/22 to be a student.
Reply 2
If 25 is too old for TSR then I only have about 5 months left of being on this site :eek: :teehee:
I said I'd leave at 22, I'm still here at 27.

Only tend to comment on football though.
Yes you are too old and it's weird/creepy.
Most of us on this site are 14-19 years old
Original post by UWS
We have mature students on this forum who are way past their 50s or 60s. If you're too old then they're ancient...

Having said that I don't see why people think you have to be under 21/22 to be a student.

I'll never be one of those "mature" students :colonhash:

But I can see myself being an(?) mba candidate
Perhaps they meant only 'too boring'?
I'm 28 and am still here :tongue: So long as there are still Oxbridge applicants on TSR confused about whether they have sufficient grades to apply, my work here will not be done :nah: :shakecane: :moon:
<<25, suck it
Original post by cambio wechsel
Perhaps they meant only 'too boring'?

:noway: stop it, stop it now, young man. be nice.
or not young. you seem like you're 32. specific, I know.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm 28 and am still here :tongue: So long as there are still Oxbridge applicants on TSR confused about whether they have sufficient grades to apply, my work here will not be done :nah: :shakecane: :moon:

you KNOW that's not why you stay :smug:
on

I don't remember who exactly, but some TSR volunteer reviewed by resume which I'm sort of very grateful :colondollar:
Original post by epoddoulc

I'm 21. lol.

University students tend to be older than 19 lmao.

I haven't come across a 14 yr old here, mostly 16+

:rofl: I was one of them :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChickenMadness
I'm 21. lol.

University students tend to be older than 19 lmao.

Most are under the age of 19
Original post by retro_turtles
I haven't come across a 14 yr old here, mostly 16+

There's quite a few 14 year olds but they blend in with the 16 year olds.
Original post by TaintedLight
Come to think of it 25 does seem too old enough. Clearly, I've risen beyond the limits of a mere student and into the realm of the grown ups.

A realm alien to most of you lot.

Hey - I am 57 - I went on here because I have kids who are at uni. My daughter is doing a PhD and my son is just about to start an MSc.

There are a lot of folks who need advice from us oldies!
Reply 18
Most are under the age of 19

I doubt it. Most start at 18 maybe, however by the end of that they're all 19. Which leaves 2nd year, 3rd year, abroad/placement year, masters, PhD, etc... not including mature students, foundation years etc.

TBH this is a nice forum. I hope to still be here occasionally when I leave uni.
Original post by UWS

Erm - less of the ancient please! I am seriously considering doing an MSc at Birkbeck....

Quick Reply

Latest