The Student Room Group

Student Finance Issue

Hi all, I have some questions about the student loan:

1) I have arrived to the UK from Spain on June 2012 (so this year 2017 will be my 5th year). I have already applied to unis and I just wanted to ask if I will have any problem when applying for the student loan. And if not, should I apply as a EU student or EEA worker?

2) I have a friend who has arrived to the UK about 3 years ago from Spain. Is she elegible for the student loan? And again how should her apply?
Original post by Jer1998

1) I have arrived to the UK from Spain on June 2012 (so this year 2017 will be my 5th year). I have already applied to unis and I just wanted to ask if I will have any problem when applying for the student loan. And if not, should I apply as a EU student or EEA worker?

2) I have a friend who has arrived to the UK about 3 years ago from Spain. Is she elegible for the student loan? And again how should her apply?

Moved to Student Financial Support.
Original post by Jer1998

Your friend should apply as an EU student unless she meets the criteria for an EEA worker. As an EU student, she's only entitled to tuition fee funding.

You can apply as a UK student as you meet the 5 year residency criteria. (as long as it's for reasons other than education)
Reply 3
Original post by Tiger Rag
Your friend should apply as an EU student unless she meets the criteria for an EEA worker. As an EU student, she's only entitled to tuition fee funding.

You can apply as a UK student as you meet the 5 year residency criteria. (as long as it's for reasons other than education)

Thank you so much! Do you know what is the criteria to apply as an EEA worker?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending