The Student Room Group

Why do neo-Nazis support Trump?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anarchism101
Trump's voters aren't "forgotten", or without voice. The evidence we have suggests they're largely the same people who usually vote Republican, who voted Romney in 2012, etc. Far from lacking a voice, the American political system has tended to amplify their voice disproportionately to how many there actually are. As for their "plight", they appear to be noticeably wealthier than Clinton supporters.

I think Romney supporters and Trump supporters may be a tad different.....
Although there may be some overlap , there was a massive difference in their campaigns.
I would have preferred mitt any day!
Trump's voters aren't "forgotten", or without voice. The evidence we have suggests they're largely the same people who usually vote Republican, who voted Romney in 2012, etc. Far from lacking a voice, the American political system has tended to amplify their voice disproportionately to how many there actually are. As for their "plight", they appear to be noticeably wealthier than Clinton supporters.

It seems we both have very different evidence.
Original post by Aceadria
It seems we both have very different evidence.

I'll go through it bit by bit then:
i) Wealth: This is probably the most well-attested. A FiveThirtyEight study, Jonathan Rothwell's analysis of Gallup polling, and the National Election Pool Exit Poll all suggest that Trump voters were noticeably richer than average, and richer than Clinton voters.
ii) Disproportionate representation: The NEP exit poll suggests that Trump's voters are more likely to be white, older, and live in rural areas or small towns. These people are more dispersed across the country and more likely to benefit from the overrepresentation of small states in the Electoral College, Senate, and constitutional amendment process.
iii) Usually vote Republican: This is admittedly a bit more of an educated guess, but I think a justified one. Trump's share of both the vote and the overall electorate was lower than what Romney achieved in 2012. First time voters were comfortably pro-Clinton, and there's little in the demographic breakdowns to suggest any substantial movement away from usual Republican voters.
Jewish conspiracy
Why do terrorists support Islam?
Most Trump supporters are not Neo-Nazis, those are only a very small minority and it's a little misleading I think to use the support of fringe groups like the KKK as a justification to call Trump a Nazi or something.

Saying that, however, it is true imo that a lot of Trump policies fit in with what Neo-Nazis want (i.e. ban on Muslim immigration, attacks on BLM and other similar movements) and it's pretty easy for them to see his win as a validation of their views, however misguided that might be.
Original post by fleky6910
You moron , Trump is implementing what most liberal economists want and is testing if high deficit spending benefits the economy.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/trumps-misguided-flirtation-with-keynesianism-214468
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-11-18/even-trump-is-a-keynesian
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/upshot/the-trump-administration-could-test-whether-deficits-help-the-economy.html
All Trump supporters aren't alt right, I dont how you can be so stupid to call over 40% of America neo-nazis.

Lets collect the liberal tears, they don't even know what they are talking about

You've really mixed up A and B here;

Nearly all neo-Nazis in the US will be supporting Trump, this is not the same as all Trump supporters being neo-Nazis

For instance, all Columbians could be Shakira fans, but this doesn't mean that all of Shakiras fans are Columbian.

Simple distinction which you haven't made.
Original post by Aceadria
Perhaps because Trump gave a voice to millions that the elite left had forgotten. Rather than bash them, try and listen to their plight. If you fail to do so, more 'Trumps' will get elected.

This, frankly. Whenever you pass over a sizeable section of the population because they've fallen out of fashion somewhat they become a resource for extreme politicians to exploit.
Original post by That Bearded Man
You've really mixed up A and B here;

Nearly all neo-Nazis in the US will be supporting Trump, this is not the same as all Trump supporters being neo-Nazis

For instance, all Columbians could be Shakira fans, but this doesn't mean that all of Shakiras fans are Columbian.

Simple distinction which you haven't made.

Agreed !
Original post by StrawbAri
What I don't understand is half these people are from the Bible Belt and are strong fundamentalist Christians whose beliefs aren't any different to the beliefs in Islam :rofl: When they're not busy shooting at planned parenthood clinics, they're picketing gay veteran funerals and burning down black churches.
It's incredible to me how these same people think Christianity is the superior to Islam when they're in fact the exact same thing :lol: it just happens that extremist Christianity exists mostly in the Bible Belt and they are small in number so they can't commit acts of terrorism on the same scale as islamists in the Middle East (not for lack of trying though)

There's even a tsrian on here that I'm very tempted to tag that believes homosexuality is unnatural and gays should undergo conversion therapy and not be allowed to get married but still criticises Islam for not having western values like equality of gay people.

people are from the Bible Belt and are strong fundamentalist Christians whose beliefs aren't any different to the beliefs in Islam

Now, while no expert on fundamentalist Christians i am sure they don't revere a paedophile rapist as the perfect man and as the final prophet of God.

Also, i can recall no cases of fundi Christians throwing gays to their deaths off tall buildings. (no time travelling please, keep it current)

Please, correct me if i'm wrong.
Original post by joe cooley
people are from the Bible Belt and are strong fundamentalist Christians whose beliefs aren't any different to the beliefs in Islam

Now, while no expert on fundamentalist Christians i am sure they don't revere a paedophile rapist as the perfect man and as the final prophet of God.

Also, i can recall no cases of fundi Christians throwing gays to their deaths off tall buildings. (no time travelling please, keep it current)

Please, correct me if i'm wrong.

Sigh joe
I said beliefs not actions.
There are in fact fundi Christians that believe gays should be killed or at least have the gay tortured out of them via conversion therapy. They believe homosexuals will rot in hellfire and even go to picket the funerals of gay people which is quite similar to the message from Islam.
I suggest you have a read of the bible to find out for yourself how similar all Abrahamic religions are.
Sigh joe
I said beliefs not actions.
There are in fact fundi Christians that believe gays should be killed or at least have the gay tortured out of them via conversion therapy. They believe homosexuals will rot in hellfire and even go to picket the funerals of gay people which is quite similar to the message from Islam.
I suggest you have a read of the bible to find out for yourself how similar all Abrahamic religions are.

Ah, gotcha.

Believing gays should be killed is no different than actually killing them.

If any Christians believe gays should be killed they're in a tiny minority.

Unless you can provide evidence to the contrary?
Ah, gotcha.

Believing gays should be killed is no different than actually killing them.

If any Christians believe gays should be killed they're in a tiny minority.

Unless you can provide evidence to the contrary?

I will repeat:
'strong fundamentalist Christians whose beliefs aren't any different to the beliefs in Islam'
Don't try to form a straw man here.

How do you know the Muslims that believe gays should be killed aren't in a tiny minority also?
Note: there is a difference between believing gays should be killed and believing homosexuality is unnatural/a sin. The latter, a vast majority of the followers of all abrahamic religions believe.
I will repeat:
'strong fundamentalist Christians whose beliefs aren't any different to the beliefs in Islam'
Don't try to form a straw man here.

How do you know the Muslims that believe gays should be killed aren't in a tiny minority also?
Note: there is a difference between believing gays should be killed and believing homosexuality is unnatural/a sin. The latter, a vast majority of the followers of all abrahamic religions believe.

No straw man.

You're attempting to justify the excesses of Islam by equating their actions with the beliefs of a miniscule portion of the Christian faith.
No straw man.

You're attempting to justify the excesses of Islam by equating their actions with the beliefs of a miniscule portion of the Christian faith.

Lmao I'm not justifying anything. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of Christians that criticise the religion of Islam when the religion of Christianity holds very similar tenets.

And yes it is a straw man because you keep misinterpreting my argument as me comparing the actions of Muslims to beliefs of
Christians and you've done this twice.
Lmao I'm not justifying anything. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of Christians that criticise the religion of Islam when the religion of Christianity holds very similar tenets.

And yes it is a straw man because you keep misinterpreting my argument as me comparing the actions of Muslims to beliefs of

but the thing is that many christians are more liberal with their religion, if you ask them Should gays be stoned most will say absolutely not, the pope who is basically the closest thing they can see bar god is a very tolerant man, sure very few christians take everything literally, the worst organization I can think of is the westbro baptitst church and they are a bunch of asses but not terrorists.

But a large amount of the Muslim population are far more conservative and take much more of the scriptures as litteral perfection

So, criticizing a religion that kills gays is hypocrisy if you believe homosexuality is a sin.

Tell me, the gay men thrown to their deaths by ISIS do you believe they would have preferred being told they were sinners to being murdered?

Jesus' mother was about 12 years old.
So lets see why most neo-nazis support trump, now I will be using the actual term of neo nazis as "lets kill all blacks and shoot muslims" not "I think that immigration should be tightened" as calling these people neo nazis is wrong.

Can you name any really big Actual neo nazi leaders of today in the western world, real evil neo nazis that support what i describe as a neo nazi?
No not really, lets see the man closest to that view that had a chance of getting in power, we have farage, trump, le pen and many others so they willl vote for them, not because farage is a neo nazi but because he is the closest that has a reasonable chance to get in.

To put it in a simple term imagine if I wanted 10% tax and Farage said he would have 20% tax and corbyn said he would have 60%, farage while not being exactly what I want is closer to what I want than anyone else that has any chance of being PM

And just because X supports Y does not make Y X. Many peodophiles probably support different leaders, does not make the leader a pedophile
Jesus' mother was about 12 years old.

She was?

Can you direct me to the exact passage in the Bible that provides this information?

If not, can you provide anything to back up your claim?

You won't be able to because you have simply parroted the standard response of the left when justifying Mohammeds paedophillia.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending