The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vickeyhall2
She is normally a happy popular little girl. She had a bit of bed wetting until she was 8 years old which is actually more common than you might think!!

I think today she just got caught short... school toilets are not nice tbh.. and she probably under estimated herself.

you should take her to the hospital

she might have a stomach or bladder problem
or anxiety

dont just see this as, pottytraining failure, though I wouldnt be surprised if after the dr's that's what they ruled it after examinations
Original post by Bubblyminty
Emergency knickers won't soaking wet trousers or skirt!

Then she can have an emergency skirt as well. is she old enough to be given a locker?

She really shouldnt have been made to use the public toilets as now its even more of a problem.
She is normally a happy popular little girl. She had a bit of bed wetting until she was 8 years old which is actually more common than you might think!!

I think today she just got caught short... school toilets are not nice tbh.. and she probably under estimated herself.

Toilets are toilets. It takes an extreme fear to avoid them to the point that you defecate and urinate all over yourself. That's why I suggested the counsellor etc. It's nothing to do with her happiness or popularity, but her irrational fear of public toilets. Or perhaps this unfortunate experience will make her use the toilets.
(edited 7 years ago)
Lol I love how everyone's like oh I **** myself alllll the time tell her not to worry! I **** you **** we all **** for ****
Toilets are toilets

LMFAO prophetic.

Utterly Shakespearean.
I've never had problems before but I will admit to one incident in year nine when I couldn't actually hold it in longer haha. My friend was with me and she didn't notice so I just ran home.
This sounds pretty extreme, and is not normal. I suggest she sees a counselor for her fear. It's not normal to wear nappies until 8 or to crap oneself at school. Did she have an medical problem requiring the nappies?

Wow not cool. Bed wetting is a normal part of childhood and just gets less common as they get older. 1 in 65 children age 9 wet the bed according to the NHS. Its a problem, if the child is upset by this.

I wouldn't seek a counselor but she may want to visit the GP as there can be some underlying health problem; overactive bladder, type 1 diabetes, very deep sleep affecting brain signals to wake up.

The fact that she 'holds it in' may be a contributing factor as constipation can be associated with bed wetting.

She can curb the bed wetting by using a before bed plan, limiting fluid intake before bed, support from family and a bed wetting alarm if necessary. Best to let the GP know though because after these measures medication is a possibility.

But to answer the forum; yes, I have wet myself on occasion. The last time, I think I was 19. After an evening of libation, I spent a long time trying to get a taxi. After hailing a black hack, and scrambling to pay the driver, I appeared at the entrance of the house and couldn't locate the right key to get in. The worst part? I was with a guy I was seeing at the time (early days, not serious) and I wet myself right outside the door to his house! Although I was completely ashamed at the time, I am not embarrassed about it now. It happens :h:
Toilets are toilets. It takes an extreme fear to avoid them to the point that you defecate and urinate all over yourself. That's why I suggested the counsellor etc. It's nothing to do with her happiness or popularity, but her irrational fear of public toilets. Or perhaps this unfortunate experience will make her use the toilets.

I'm sure you were never scared of making your school toilets smell or embarrassed about the fact that your going for a #2 whilst your classmates are in the toilets :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: and I'm sure you have never ever had an accident wet or other kind :colondollar:
I peed myself in primary school in assembly once. I only peed a bit and held in the rest until assembly finished. Don't know how I managed to do that tbh lol.
Original post by kittylorelli
Wow not cool. Bed wetting is a normal part of childhood and just gets less common as they get older. 1 in 65 children age 9 wet the bed according to the NHS. Its a problem, if the child is upset by this.

I wouldn't seek a counselor but she may want to visit the GP as there can be some underlying health problem; overactive bladder, type 1 diabetes, very deep sleep affecting brain signals to wake up.

The fact that she 'holds it in' may be a contributing factor as constipation can be associated with bed wetting.

She can curb the bed wetting by using a before bed plan, limiting fluid intake before bed, support from family and a bed wetting alarm if necessary. Best to let the GP know though because after these measures medication is a possibility.

But to answer the forum; yes, I have wet myself on occasion. The last time, I think I was 19. After an evening of libation, I spent a long time trying to get a taxi. After hailing a black hack, and scrambling to pay the driver, I appeared at the entrance of the house and couldn't locate the right key to get in. The worst part? I was with a guy I was seeing at the time (early days, not serious) and I wet myself right outside the door to his house! Although I was completely ashamed at the time, I am not embarrassed about it now. It happens :h:

Original post by kittylorelli

Thank you so much for your advice. Luckily she has been out of nappies with a dry bed now for two years now. I don't think she has any serious issues. I mean we can all remember either having or witnessing these unfortunate events inside or outside of school.. it is just a fact of life. :colondollar: I think she is just very embarrassed and needs to feel like she is not alone. :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by 0to100
How old is she

and I used to always **** myself stopped at about year 3

Year 3? Too old man...
Original post by Revie
Year 3? Too old man...

ok so what do you want me to do, hop in a time machine
What did I just read? Peeing yourself at school once or twice is normal. I did as a child. But pooping your pants because you are too scared to go to the loo? What even is that?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
ok so what do you want me to do, hop in a time machine

After your done with that machine can my little sis borrow it :hide:
You'd probably be better off posting this on mumsnet as on here you'll just be denounced as a troll.
Original post by jambojim97
You'd probably be better off posting this on mumsnet as on here you'll just be denounced as a troll.

I'm a sister not a mum lol. I don't want to listen to which is the best washing powder stories. :banghead:
(edited 7 years ago)
My little sister came home from school today very early and she was very upset. (it breaks my heart to see her so down and upset)

I think she was trying to hold her business this morning (she tends to all day because she hates school toilets) and it didn’t quite work out for her, which resulted in her pooing and weeing her pants. She was so ashamed that she didn’t tell any teacher and managed to sit in class all morning with soiled knickers. My mum said that she has started to get a nasty rash, which I suppose is her own fault for not attempting to tell any adult. How they didn’t smell her I don’t know. lol

Anyway the part that has really upset her was during lunchtime she told her best friend about her accident. Her friend then went straight to the teacher and other kids overheard her informing the teacher about her unfortunate problem. I think she was trying to help her and didn’t mean to blurt it out like that.

I have told her that these things happen and that it has probably happened to other kids in her class at some point, she didn’t believe me when I said that everyone has embarrassing stories. I’ve told her mine including the time I wet myself on the way home from school in year 8!!

Please help me out here guys and tell us some of your most embarrassing school incidents… Then I can show her that life is full of them. I know this is a bit forward but she is my little sister and I would do anything for her!! :smile:

Tell your sister that people will forget about it really quickly or as soon as something else happens. She will look back at it one day and laugh like I have looked back many times and laughed at myself!
I would move school lol.
Original post by Nadine_08
I peed myself in primary school in assembly once. I only peed a bit and held in the rest until assembly finished. Don't know how I managed to do that tbh lol.

Oh bless you :blushing:
Original post by goszka
Hahaha... I pissed myself when I was about...13? I am not sure. But I remember it was in front of my home's door. (I've lived in a flat). When I was in primary school, probably 6 to 10 years old, it happened to me on my way to school and I didn't do anything about it, just told everyone I fell in the puddle

amazing way to deal with this..:u:

Latest