The Student Room Group

49% of Brits back Trump's state visit.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
I'm just glad Americans won't be voting for him after these 4 years and I'm 100% sure that Brits will not stand for a similar ban on refugees :-)

Is this in the same way they weren't voting for him in November?
Original post by viffer
Make? Manufacture? Difference?

They make the component. China takes those components and makes them into an iphone. Both of them could be said to make or manufacture their respective parts.
Reply 82
Original post by demaistre
You just want on a rant about the word butthurt...

I did... so? You use in in real life? Care to explain why you feel the need to use such an idiotic word, or what it even means?
Original post by offhegoes
I did... so? You use in in real life? Care to explain why you feel the need to use such an idiotic word, or what it even means?

Look in the mirror, far better then any dictionary definition I can give you.
Reply 84
Left wing views make more 'sense' if you look at it through a lens of self hatred. They hate everything about the countries in which they reside whether this be France, Britain or the US. So in their view whatever causes damage to our countries is good, they don't care about what Muslim or Chinese leaders do due to the fact this doesn't further their agenda of self hatred.

Leftists worshipped Mao during the Cultural Revolution, and look at their reactions when Castro died...
Reply 85
Look in the mirror, far better then any dictionary definition I can give you.

Okay I get it, troll confirmed.
Original post by yudothis
Keep dreaming while your kind breathe your last breath.

I bet you said that to Brexit and Trump voters alike. Wake up it is you, who is at the end of an era.
Original post by AperfectBalance
never said that did I, Note me saying you can hate him but he is not a white supremacist, he is working for everyone who is legal in America Black, brown or white.

White Americans,period!
Original post by Jammy Duel
Is this in the same way they weren't voting for him in November?

Nah,we kind of realised he would win towards the end,didn't we...
Original post by Mathemagicien
An inherent flaw of democracy is that candidates need to appeal to voters, and only voters. Previous administrations imported millions of Democrat supporters, now Trump is deporting them.

If Trump starts deporting US citizens, he will be up before John Roberts in the Senate chamber before you can say Monica Lewinsky
At least when he is here people can actually protest against him.

The other day people were protesting outside Downing Street against the US President.....he will not care about that, if you're gonna go to Downing Street to protest at least protest against Theresa May, for snoopers charter, Brexit or whatever, no point protesting against Trump.

Now when he comes to the UK, you can welcome him in your own way.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
At least when he is here people can actually protest against him.

The other day people were protesting outside Downing Street against the US President.....he will not care about that, if you're gonna go to Downing Street to protest at least protest against Theresa May, for snoopers charter, Brexit or whatever, no point protesting against Trump.

Now when he comes to the UK, you can welcome him in your own way.

Yes, I'm sure Donald will be mortified to be protested by a large collection of virtue signalling SJW's.

Good luck with that.
You just want on a rant about the word butthurt...

Look up the scientific method. You are not using the scientific method, thus youre perceived 'trend' is void.

Also, being liberal =/= SJW. Facts are that Islam (as the religion) is no more responsible for world-wide terror than Christianity. It could be argued that Islam (as a few isolated middle eastern countries) are responsible for a lot of terror.... But the statistics show that in a given year the average American has a 1 in 7.6 billion chance of being killed by a terrorist refugee. I imagine that the odds would be far greater in the UK.

Point I'm making is that people are opposing Trumps visit mainly because of his banning of certain counties migrants. Since the ban is statistically retarded, I applaud all lefties for standing up for basic tenants of freedom.

/rant.
Original post by joe cooley
Yes, I'm sure Donald will be mortified to be protested by a large collection of virtue signalling SJW's.

Good luck with that.

It's an interesting point. The right to protest aside, then I think he will be surpised at what I guess will be pretty large protests. I think Donald likes to be liked, so it will surpise him the extent of the protests.

His policies arent very well thought through. be interesting to see what he does on more delicate international matters.

If they had waited a bit and stuck with prorocol they would be much smaller.
Original post by 999tigger
It's an interesting point. The right to protest aside, then I think he will be surpised at what I guess will be pretty large protests. I think Donald likes to be liked, so it will surpise him the extent of the protests.

His policies arent very well thought through. be interesting to see what he does on more delicate international matters.

If they had waited a bit and stuck with prorocol they would be much smaller.

We all like to be liked, but most people don't want to be liked by those they view as *******s.

Why would Trump be any different.

His policies arent very well thought through

Which ones and why? (apart from the Saudi style travel ban,of course)
Original post by Freddie010
I bet you said that to Brexit and Trump voters alike. Wake up it is you, who is at the end of an era.

Remind me of this in 5 years time then in 10 years time, ok?
We all like to be liked, but most people don't want to be liked by those they view as *******s.

Why would Trump be any different.

His policies arent very well thought through

Which ones and why? (apart from the Saudi style travel ban,of course)

Because if you hadnt noticed he has a mahoosive ego. he would liked to be liked and praised by everyone. Its easy when youv are the autocratic boss its a bit different in international politics.

We will have to see which of his policies work, but based on the debates then am not convinced the wall will be effective, protectionsim, trade war with china or his whole trickle down approach will work. We will have to see. He's a salesman and they can always talk a good game.

Its certainly not dull.

Good luck with that.

Indeed, he will feast on the souls of Trumpanzees and block out anything else.
Original post by 999tigger
Because if you hadnt noticed he has a mahoosive ego. he would liked to be liked and praised by everyone. Its easy when youv are the autocratic boss its a bit different in international politics.

We will have to see which of his policies work, but based on the debates then am not convinced the wall will be effective, protectionsim, trade war with china or his whole trickle down approach will work. We will have to see. He's a salesman and they can always talk a good game.

Its certainly not dull.

Somehow, i can't see The Donald caring overmuch about a SJW type not liking him.

Sorry, when you said His policies arent very well thought through I thought you had looked into them for yourself.

You didn't did you?
disgusting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending