The Student Room Group

Why do neo-Nazis support Trump?

Scroll to see replies

That's like asking why is the sky blue.
Original post by joe cooley
So, criticizing a religion that kills gays is hypocrisy if you believe homosexuality is a sin.

Tell me, the gay men thrown to their deaths by ISIS do you believe they would have preferred being told they were sinners to being murdered?

Somehow I feel like you're trolling me because this is like the fourth time you're purposely misinterpreting me :lol:
But whatever have fun with that.

Original post by AperfectBalance
but the thing is that many christians are more liberal with their religion, if you ask them Should gays be stoned most will say absolutely not, the pope who is basically the closest thing they can see bar god is a very tolerant man, sure very few christians take everything literally, the worst organization I can think of is the westbro baptitst church and they are a bunch of asses but not terrorists.

But a large amount of the Muslim population are far more conservative and take much more of the scriptures as litteral perfection

My original post is pointing out the hypocrisy of Bible Belt fundamentalist Christians that also actively believe the bible to be the perfect word of God. So why criticise an ideology when the ideology you believe in is very similar to the one you're criticising?

Also American Christians are much more conservative than their counterparts in Europe. In a British Christian family coming out as gay or atheist to your parents won't be met with too much trouble but try that in the typical southern American home and you'll find yourself homeless and ostracised by the local community.
Original post by AlexanderHam
As the title says. Why are neo-Nazis so happy about the Trump administration?

We just had a demonstration on another thread where a Trump supporter justified the Quebec terrorist attack because the victims were Muslims (and in the very next post he'll undoubtedly say Islam is bad because it justifies violence).

Trump supporters are mentally-ill. It's very sad that an angry, loud minority in America has succumbed to this mass psychosis. But I'm not worried in the long-term; Trump is the worst thing that could have happened to the alt-right. It's being discredited right out of the gates.

Minority?

Tens of millions of people are a minority?
Original post by StrawbAri
Somehow I feel like you're trolling me because this is like the fourth time you're purposely misinterpreting me
But whatever have fun with that.

Obviously you're not happy when flaws in your "Islam is just the same as Christianity" argument are pointed out to you, but trolling it aint.
She was?

Can you direct me to the exact passage in the Bible that provides this information?

If not, can you provide anything to back up your claim?

12 or 13 was typical marriage age for girls in Herodian Judaea - and Mary wasn't married to Joseph, only betrothed.

It's somewhat possible that Mary began puberty late, and so might have been a couple of years older - maybe 13 or 14. But it's equally possible by the same logic that she began puberty early and was only 11 or even 10.
Original post by anarchism101
12 or 13 was typical marriage age for girls in Herodian Judaea - and Mary wasn't married to Joseph, only betrothed.

It's somewhat possible that Mary began puberty late, and so might have been a couple of years older - maybe 13 or 14. But it's equally possible by the same logic that she began puberty early and was only 11 or even 10.

Yep, thought so.
Yep, thought so.

Thought what?
Thought what?

You simply parroted the standard SJW argument to justify Muhammad's paedophillia.

You have no idea how old Mary was when she was married/betrothed to Joseph.

Nothing whatsoever to back up your claims.

That BS works a dream when debating in your comfort zone, outside of it.....not so much.
Original post by heineken
Minority?

Tens of millions of people are a minority?

Err...

You do know what the word minority means, right?
You simply parroted the standard SJW argument to justify Muhammad's paedophillia.

You have no idea how old Mary was when she was married/betrothed to Joseph.

Nothing whatsoever to back up your claims.

That BS works a dream when debating in your comfort zone, outside of it.....not so much.

I gave you the reasoning. You're just choosing to disbelieve it because it doesn't suit your argument.

At the time, people got married young, far younger than we would consider moral nowadays. This wasn't unique to the Levant - it happened in Ancient Rome as well. Do you dispute this? Do you have evidence that girls in Herodian Judaea actually had wait until say, 18, to get married and have children?

If you accept that marriage at 12 or 13 was typical for a girl in Mary's time and place, then that is the age she most likely was. As I said, it's possible she began puberty slightly early or late, but that's about it.

So do you have evidence or reason to believe that she was older, or are you just choosing not to believe the most obvious answer because you don't like it?
I gave you the reasoning. You're just choosing to disbelieve it because it doesn't suit your argument.

At the time, people got married young, far younger than we would consider moral nowadays. This wasn't unique to the Levant - it happened in Ancient Rome as well. Do you dispute this? Do you have evidence that girls in Herodian Judaea actually had wait until say, 18, to get married and have children?

If you accept that marriage at 12 or 13 was typical for a girl in Mary's time and place, then that is the age she most likely was. As I said, it's possible she began puberty slightly early or late, but that's about it.

So do you have evidence or reason to believe that she was older, or are you just choosing not to believe the most obvious answer because you don't like it?

Where as for Mohammed we simply read the Hadiths were it clearly states Mohammed married Aisha when she was six, but did the decent thing and didn't rape her until she was nine.

A paedophile, yes?

https://islamgreatreligion.wordpress.com/2011/04/11/why-prophet-muhammad-married-aisha-when-she-was-only-9/

Interestingly if you follow the link, the site uses the same arguments as you to justify a 50 year old having sexual relations AKA rape, with a 9 year old child.
(edited 7 years ago)
Where as for Mohammed we simply read the Hadiths were it clearly states Mohammed married Aisha when she was six, but did the decent thing and didn't rape her until she was nine.

A paedophile, yes?

https://islamgreatreligion.wordpress.com/2011/04/11/why-prophet-muhammad-married-aisha-when-she-was-only-9/

Interestingly if you follow the link, the site uses the same arguments as you to justify a 50 year old having sexual relations AKA rape, with a 9 year old child.

Where did I justify it?

You seem to have made the mistake of assuming my reasoning is that the comparable nature of the two makes both justified. I'm actually arguing that the comparable nature of the two makes both unjustified.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl:
:rofl:
Where did I justify it?

You seem to have made the mistake of assuming my reasoning is that the comparable nature of the two makes both justified. I'm actually arguing that the comparable nature of the two makes both unjustified.

Of course.

Quick Reply

Latest