The Student Room Group

Do you support Donald Trump's anti-terror immigration ban?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by epoddoulc
You're an absolute moron. Do you realise how hypocritical you are? Just re-read your post and realise how much of a dumbass you've made yourself out to be.

shhhh now now lets not get mad at each other...im sure you're busy planning your anti-refugee march atm so ill leave you too it:smile::smile:
Original post by BusyStarGazing
shhhh now now lets not get mad at each other...im sure you're busy planning your anti-refugee march atm so ill leave you too it:smile::smile:

Oh, the same refugees running away from war, what a bunch of cowards. They should be fighting for their country, not coming to infidel land to beg for freebies.

Tell me, why do the refugees want to come to Europe/USA instead of a Muslim country?

Seems like they are sick of islam...
Islam is a problem, a violent and sadistic problem. If you can name me one ideology as dangerous as islam, I will admit defeat. Nearly every terrorist attack committed last year and this year was in the name of islam. Several quran verses propagate violence against non-muslims.

That website I linked, take a look at it. It lists all the recent islamic terrorist attacks.

No Islam is not the problem, extremists using it to push their own violent agenda is. To simply say every terrorist attack was committed by Islamist's is very ignorant. What about all these vile kiddy fiddlers in the Catholic church? And **** off with what the quran says... have you even read Leviticus from the bible? No i didnt think so
No Islam is not the problem, extremists using it to push their own violent agenda is. To simply say every terrorist attack was committed by Islamist's is very ignorant. What about all these vile kiddy fiddlers in the Catholic church? And **** off with what the quran says... have you even read Leviticus from the bible? No i didnt think so

I find it amusing how you shift the blame away from islam on to Christianity. There's no such thing as extremist muslims, the "extremists" are the truest examples of muslims you can find because they follow every word of muhammad.

Here's a few examples of violence in the quran:

Quran 8:12 - "cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes"

Quran 9:5 - "when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them"

Quran 2:216 - "Fighting is prescribed for you"

Quran 9:123 - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."
Oh, the same refugees running away from war, what a bunch of cowards. They should be fighting for their country, not coming to infidel land to beg for freebies.

Tell me, why do the refugees want to come to Europe/USA instead of a Muslim country?

Seems like they are sick of islam...

I mean do you not find it ridiculous calling them cowards when you're sat in your warm house, enjoying the perks of living in a 1st world country; free healthcare, free education, even bloody wifi!:s-smilie:
To say they are cowards for running away from a war is a pretty primitive way of thinking...if you had a young family would you risk you're life in a pointless war...or do everything in your power to give your kids a better chance of living?

I'm no expert but if there wasn't a war i dont feel the amount of refugees would be that high...to claim they want our freebies is harsh.
Not to mention instead of blaming refugees for all the problems why dont you criticize the successive governments we've had and theyre failure to make a clear plan on this situation
It's not just him making acts like that through congress other countries are doing similar so yes and right now terrorism is the worst it's been so yes he's right to do it.
Why shouldn't Trump ban them? How successful has Merkels stance been? Migrants cause havoc wherever they go. Most of the migrants aren't the vulnerable kids that MSM makes out, most migrants are young healthy males running away from battle.

I would too. You would stay and die?

And because it is against the spirit of religious freedom. Because those countries are arbitrary. Because it was poorly implemented. Because it tries to identify a whole nation because of it's main religion. It's the equivalent of looking at your population and putting every single one of the ethnic group that commits the most crime into prison saying it is a precautionary measure.
I mean do you not find it ridiculous calling them cowards when you're sat in your warm house, enjoying the perks of living in a 1st world country; free healthcare, free education, even bloody wifi!:s-smilie:
To say they are cowards for running away from a war is a pretty primitive way of thinking...if you had a young family would you risk you're life in a pointless war...or do everything in your power to give your kids a better chance of living?

I'm no expert but if there wasn't a war i dont feel the amount of refugees would be that high...to claim they want our freebies is harsh.
Not to mention instead of blaming refugees for all the problems why dont you criticize the successive governments we've had and theyre failure to make a clear plan on this situation

I Like how you've abandoned your stance on how "Islam" isn't a problem but extremists are...

In WW2, If British troops ran away like the Syrians, we'd all be speaking German.
Original post by yudothis
I would too. You would stay and die?

And because it is against the spirit of religious freedom. Because those countries are arbitrary. Because it was poorly implemented. Because it tries to identify a whole nation because of it's main religion. It's the equivalent of looking at your population and putting every single one of the ethnic group that commits the most crime into prison saying it is a precautionary measure.

My ancestors fought for my freedom, they weren't pansies like the Syrians. If my country was under attack, I'd fight with all my will.

Doesn't the quran instruct you moslems not to fear anyone but God? Hahahaha.....
My ancestors fought for my freedom, they weren't pansies like the Syrians. If my country was under attack, I'd fight with all my will.

Doesn't the quran instruct you moslems not to fear anyone but God? Hahahaha.....

I'm not a Moslem.

And nothing I said would suggest so. What an embarrassment you are.

ps in fact I am a perfect aryan specimen, 6ft, blond, blue eyed....

Was just going to link this but opened up your link first to see if somebody already had done

There's so much truth in what that guy is saying, that video needs to be spread everywhere.

If those things are free where are all my taxes going?!

It's fair to say the migration levels would be lower without war, what has to be asked is how many are using the war as an excuse to be economic migrants. Tell me this: why is it that they all flock to Germany, France, Scandinavia, Britain? Why aren't they staying in Israel, Lebanon, Turkey, Italy? We know why they aren't staying in Saudi, but not why they aren't staying in the neighbours that will take them if we are to exclude the economic migration reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nadine_08
Was just going to link this but opened up your link first to see if somebody already had done

There's so much truth in what that guy is saying, that video needs to be spread everywhere.

Tbh found the video hilarious. Glad you found it so convincing. If you are going to ban people then maybe select the countries the terrorists have been shown to come from? Maybe put some thought into how and when to implement it. You might also want to keep it in perspective looking at the actual level of threat compared to deaths from other sources if you wish to save US lives. I support his right to ban whoever he likes, but really it could have been much better thought out and implemented.
Reply 93
"Criminal record"? I don't think they have that in Somalia.
Original post by 999tigger
Tbh found the video hilarious. Glad you found it so convincing. If you are going to ban people then maybe select the countries the terrorists have been shown to come from? Maybe put some thought into how and when to implement it. You might also want to keep it in perspective looking at the actual level of threat compared to deaths from other sources if you wish to save US lives. I support his right to ban whoever he likes, but really it could have been much better thought out and implemented.

Definitely agree with the bolded, but I think the selected countries are understandably high risk. However I think the stupidest thing is the fact that countries like Saudi Arabia and those UAE countries, the birthplace of ISIS, were excluded from the ban. Clearly due to financial reasons.

Of course there are other sources of death, but banning immigrants from high-risk countries is one way of trying to reduce the overall risk of the loss of US lives. I think he has a right to do this and that people are really exaggerating this 'Muslim ban' thing, it's only for 90 days and if the Muslims really do condemn terrorism and the loss of lives, then they'd chill out for a bit and support attempts to reduce it.

Another thing that's really pissing me off is that Obama has done much much worse on the sly but ofc nobody's hating him because his atrocities aren't publicized. He has similarly banned immigrants in the past and there wasn't all this outrage. Just because of Trump's stained reputation due to the certain things he's said doesn't make him worse than Obama. At least he's more public and honest. That's one quality of his that I really respect- that he's different from all the past American presidents in that sense.
I Like how you've abandoned your stance on how "Islam" isn't a problem but extremists are...

In WW2, If British troops ran away like the Syrians, we'd all be speaking German.

Because as we all know the Syrian army is as organised and powerful as the British army was in WW2, it was a completely different time back then, the morale and values of British people differ greatly to what they do today...

For example back then British were actually welcoming to refuges, for example Jews fleeing Germany...it's a bit far fetched sure but its the same principle. To simply turn our back on those in need it worse than letting in everyone
Original post by Jammy Duel
If those things are free where are all my taxes going?!

It's fair to say the migration levels would be lower without war, what has to be asked is how many are using the war as an excuse to be economic migrants. Tell me this: why is it that they all flock to Germany, France, Scandinavia, Britain? Why aren't they staying in Israel, Lebanon, Turkey, Italy? We know why they aren't staying in Saudi, but not why they aren't staying in the neighbours that will take them if we are to exclude the economic migration reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But it this way, if you lived in a war torn country and even if you only had the slightest idea of what life was like in the UK or Germany you would leave. Sure not everyone is fleeing terror, but it's borderline fascist to prevent a whole race of people from entering just because what 15% exploit the system.
And again its easy to use immigrants as scapegoats for all the problems in the world, remember we live in the west were everyone is so liberal minded and kind to one another!!!!!!!!!!!

Instead toughen up on a couple things, our border control by means of security, we don't need open borders necessarily but we could do with a better system, immigrants who sneak on lorries aren't to blame entirely, they simply take the piss out of our security.
Secondly, fund the NHS FFS! Stop government funding into nonsense that we simply do not need! And yes tax the rich more i say, opulence is wrong, no one needs extortionate amounts of money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending