The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You do realise there are lots of reasons you can be refused a visa? We're fortune in the west that we generally don't need visas, the British passport being third most powerful with visa free travel to 175 countries, places like India aren't si fortune.
Original post by Jammy Duel
You do realise there are lots of reasons you can be refused a visa? We're fortune in the west that we generally don't need visas, the British passport being third most powerful with visa free travel to 175 countries, places like India aren't si fortune.

Indeed but did u read the article?

“The lady officer at US embassy in New Delhi after checking all docs (sic), just went inside into another room. After returning she said ‘Sorry, due to our current policy we cant issue you a visa’,” Khan said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vikram Mansingh
Indeed but did u read the article?

“The lady officer at US embassy in New Delhi after checking all docs (sic), just went inside into another room. After returning she said ‘Sorry, due to our current policy we cant issue you a visa’,” Khan said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Khan said"

And is there only one policy relating to the issuing of visas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 244
"Dubai's head of security sparks outrage for backing Muslim ban saying 'underdeveloped peoples' do not deserve to be in America"

"Dubai’s head of security, Dhahi Khalfan Tamim, openly backed the ban on his Twitter account, sparking outrage. He described Trump as the first US president to truly work for the good of his country."

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/trump-muslim-ban-arab-reaction-west-comparison-1863119716

:rofl:
"Khan said"

And is there only one policy relating to the issuing of visas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dunno

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tunak
"Dubai's head of security sparks outrage for backing Muslim ban saying 'underdeveloped peoples' do not deserve to be in America"

"Dubai’s head of security, Dhahi Khalfan Tamim, openly backed the ban on his Twitter account, sparking outrage. He described Trump as the first US president to truly work for the good of his country."

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/trump-muslim-ban-arab-reaction-west-comparison-1863119716

:rofl:

Interesting username, reminds me of something.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 247
Interesting username, reminds me of something.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe this:

Spoiler

Original post by Tunak
Maybe this:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

You'll find the answer is "no, there are plenty of policies relating to the issuance of visas"

He's right actually.
I don't know the full context of the argument but yes people from countries outside the west do have a bit of hard time acquiring visas for countries like the us/uk because there are many polices governing whether or not you're eligible to receive one.
It's not effective because people don't want to support it. He was voted in fair and square, let him do his job. Surprisingly enough, nobody bothered to try and stop Obama bombing the **** out of anywhere he wanted, and Obama even said he was happy the American people were standing up against Trump, despite banning immigrants for 6 months himself AND the list of countries being drafted by Obama himself. He did more than Obama in 8 years in a couple of weeks, but people don't want to obey him because he isn't a woman
I get the feeling Americans dont really experience the day to day effects of mass immigration since they're thousands of miles away seperated by the Atlantic from the migration hotspots of north africa and the middle east. I'm seeing the same poster signs of "refugees welcome" at these protests in American airports that were present by German citizens too welcoming "migrants" in the early days when Merkel effectively opened the door. Fast forward to today and national polls suggest a very different consensus. Perhaps these Americans do not truly understand the scope of the situation, I dunno.
Original post by That'sGreat
It's not effective because people don't want to support it. He was voted in fair and square, let him do his job. Surprisingly enough, nobody bothered to try and stop Obama bombing the **** out of anywhere he wanted, and Obama even said he was happy the American people were standing up against Trump, despite banning immigrants for 6 months himself AND the list of countries being drafted by Obama himself. He did more than Obama in 8 years in a couple of weeks, but people don't want to obey him because he isn't a woman

People don't want to obey him because he isn't their ****ing master.
Original post by That'sGreat
It's not effective because people don't want to support it.
So you are saying that most people do not support this policy?

He was voted in fair and square, let him do his job.

Firstly, he lost the popular vote and more people voted for Hillary than Trump.

Secondly, and more importantly, your comment is dangerous because it seems to imply that there should be no accountability or criticism of a President's policies. For some reason I do not think you would be espousing such a view were HC the POTUS.

despite banning immigrants for 6 months himself

More "alternative facts". He never banned legal immigration from any country.
Original post by Palmyra
So you are saying that most people do not support this policy?

Firstly, he lost the popular vote and more people voted for Hillary than Trump.

Secondly, and more importantly, your comment is dangerous because it seems to imply that there should be no accountability or criticism of a President's policies. For some reason I do not think you would be espousing such a view were HC the POTUS.

More "alternative facts". He never banned legal immigration from any country.

You can say he lost the popular vote all you like, but that is totally irrelevant for as long as article 2 section 1 of the constitution and amendments 12, 22 and 23 stand and campaigns are run accordingly.

We also cannot forget that according to polling done by IPSOS for Reuters Americans support the policy 49-41. In November he received the mandate to do it, and he still has the support of the American people to do it, including at least some of those who did not vote for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can say he lost the popular vote all you like, but that is totally irrelevant for as long as article 2 section 1 of the constitution and amendments 12, 22 and 23 stand and campaigns are run accordingly.
It's irrelevant to the extent that it doesn't change the fact that he won the election, yes, but not irrelevant to the extent that it adds context to his victory.

We also cannot forget that according to polling done by IPSOS for Reuters Americans support the policy 49-41. In November he received the mandate to do it, and he still has the support of the American people to do it, including at least some of those who did not vote for him.

I am aware of this polling - which is why I was so surprised that the poster I was responding to seemed to concede that most people did not agree with the policy!
Reply 257
Not effective as he intends it to be. All the terrorists that have attacked the US ie 9/11 came from countries not on the list such as Saudi Arabia, UAE and Afghanistan. Remember Osama was found in Pakistan (also not on the list). What about Libya, Tunisia....Seems like a tool to keep out those he doesn't like or has no business interests in rather than an effective tool against terrorism.
Original post by Palmyra
It's irrelevant to the extent that it doesn't change the fact that he won the election, yes, but not irrelevant to the extent that it adds context to his victory.

I am aware of this polling - which is why I was so surprised that the poster I was responding to seemed to concede that most people did not agree with the policy!

And the aforementioned articles and amendments add context to the context, making it still irrelevant because to hold any relevance relies on assumptions that simply cannot be made, namely that campaigns and outcomes in terms of each individual vote are unaffected by the electoral system in place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And the aforementioned articles and amendments add context to the context, making it still irrelevant because to hold any relevance relies on assumptions that simply cannot be made, namely that campaigns and outcomes in terms of each individual vote are unaffected by the electoral system in place.

What a complete non-post.

Latest

Trending

Trending