The Student Room Group

16 countries forbid admission to Israeli passport holders. Where are the protests?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 999tigger
The protests arent just about banning particular states. Trump has a right as POTUS to carry out his own immigration policy. Its a dumb one though with massive holes considering he has conveniently missed out obvious countries whose citizens were involved in 9//11 andincluded ones which were not.

In terms of these restrictions, then it has to do with the conflict between the Arabs and Israel that has been going on since 1948. Several of these countries have been at war, so they are no friends to each other. Its not as though Israelis are interested in going there.

You missed out the fact that Israel has declared several of the countries enemy states and forbids israelis from going there since 1954.

It now designates 9 countries as enemies of Israel: Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, and Yemen as well as the Hamas-administered Gaza Strip. Hardly surpising they reply in kind. The other countries are all Arab League and continue their boycott, especially as the situation over the occupied territories is unresolved.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_League_boycott_of_Israel

As for protests for these countries paying state visist, then am not sure they are awared that honour? Cant remember any in recent times. the Saudis in 2007 There were protests at the time.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7ef6371a-881e-11dc-9464-0000779fd2ac.html?ft_site=falcon&desktop=true

It has been pointed out already that they do not respond in kind. They do allow travel from Israel under any circumstances, whereas permission to enter Israel is based on permission (visa) ergo the same as most countries with slightly tighter restrictions.
Original post by Dat Tall Guy
It has been pointed out already that they do not respond in kind. They do allow travel from Israel under any circumstances, whereas permission to enter Israel is based on permission (visa) ergo the same as most countries with slightly tighter restrictions.

Care to elaborate. Not quite getting your point.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by joe cooley
Let me get this right.

Because Saudi do *****y stuff we should stop selling them arms.

But

Because Saudi do *****y stuff there is no need to protest their ban on Israelis traveling to their country.

See the problem with that?

FYI I support Trumps policy.

Yes, we generally don't protest *****y things that occur on a regular and almost expected basis; because if we started protesting every *****y thing Saudi does we'd have rather little time for anything else - not to mention Saudi policy's global impact <<< US policy's global impact.
Original post by swanderfeild
Yes, we generally don't protest *****y things that occur on a regular and almost expected basis; because if we started protesting every *****y thing Saudi does we'd have rather little time for anything else - not to mention Saudi policy's global impact <<< US policy's global impact.

Thats one way to explain away the lefts blatant hypocrisy i suppose.
We sell weapons to several of these countries.

Who in government thinks that it's a good idea, to sell weapons to these countries that obviously hate Israel and Israelis.

Does anybody think these things through or is it a case of "if they will pay, we don't ask questions".

But hey I may be wrong maybe these are peaceful friendly people and they can be trusted not to use these weapons against Israel or the West and will certainly make sure the weapons never fall in to the hands of any terrorist groups.
The Left's hypocrisy knows no limits!

https://order-order.com/2017/01/31/khan-hosting-party-tonight-with-11-nations-who-ban-israelis/

Just hours after demanding the government rescinds its invite to President Trump over his travel ban, Sadiq Khan will tonight host a City Hall reception with 11 dignitaries whose countries bar Israeli citizens from entering.

No doubt our SJWs will immediately condemn Khan?
Original post by queen-bee
Illegitimate*

What evidence do you have to support this?

What about all the other illegal settlements? Israel threw a strop when the UN called them out on it. Are welcome? Have you seen what happens to them? Pure and simple discriminations against black people. So Israel is also a racist state along with the ethnic cleansing of Arabs/Palestinians

You cannot take individual cases and claim it is national policy. Israel remains the only nation in the Middle East that is a democracy, which gives all its citizens equal rights under the law.
Original post by joe cooley
Thats one way to explain away the lefts blatant hypocrisy i suppose.

And I'm sure given the right's lack of objection over arms sales to Saudi, it supports Saudi backed terror attacks and Saudi policies regarding law and order.
Original post by Aceadria
You cannot take individual cases and claim it is national policy. Israel remains the only nation in the Middle East that is a democracy, which gives all its citizens equal rights under the law.

Since the Oslo Accords and the Camp David Talks, Israel have continued to build illegal settlements on Palestinian land. The old age argument that Israel existed as 'Israel' in the bible is no longer valid.

Israel needs to realise that the reason why they are the most hated country in the Middle East is because they do not have the right to exist as a country, a democracy that not only engages in activities that are illegal (i.e. illegal settlements) but also creating anguish between their communities and the rest of the Middle East with their propaganda. I am not being anti-Semitic - I just believe there are better ways to go about things.
Reply 69
Original post by Iridocyclitis
Where are the mass protests in London, etc. in light of this ban on Jews? Where's the huge petition to stop the leaders of these 16 countries paying state visits to Britain?

Unlike Israel, Other countries are not so bent on ethnic cleansing and aparthied are they?
Original post by BigMan Ting
Since the Oslo Accords and the Camp David Talks, Israel have continued to build illegal settlements on Palestinian land. The old age argument that Israel existed as 'Israel' in the bible is no longer valid.

Are you referring to the my reply to @queen-bee?

Original post by BigMan Ting
Israel needs to realise that the reason why they are the most hated country in the Middle East is because they do not have the right to exist as a country, a democracy that not only engages in activities that are illegal (i.e. illegal settlements) but also creating anguish between their communities and the rest of the Middle East with their propaganda. I am not being anti-Semitic - I just believe there are better ways to go about things.

Again, you have provided no evidence to suggest why Israel, as a nation, has no right to exist. Many nations have abhorrent domestic and foreign policies that breach countless international treaties but the international community does not put their existence into question. Why then is Israel being cast aside as an exception?
Are you referring to the my reply to @queen-bee?

Yes I am.

Again, you have provided no evidence to suggest why Israel, as a nation, has no right to exist. Many nations have abhorrent domestic and foreign policies that breach countless international treaties but the international community does not put their existence into question.

What are these countries that are in question?

Why then is Israel being cast aside as an exception?

Israel's only other claim to legitimacy from my understanding, international recognition, is just as dubious as their claim from the Bible. They forced their way to getting land by persuading the US to join the war efforts in WW1 in return for Britain to support the Zionists to get their 'homeland'.

However by the time Britain left their occupant role in Palestine in 1947, Jews constituted 32% of the population and owned 5.6% of the land. By 1949, largely as a result of paramilitary organisations led to the flight of the Arabs. This was done by terrorist groups such as Haganah, Irgun and Stern gang. Israel controlled 80% of Palestine and nearly a million non-Jews had been expelled from their country.

Is that enough evidence for you?
Reply 72
Israel is a terrorist state, they hold their foot over Palastein and crush any protest of resistance against the tyrannical rule that Israel hold over them.... they stole that land from Palastein when they established them selves they where given arms and funding from the West in a proxy cold war environment......
What evidence do you have to support this?

What by ethnically cleansing Palestinians and treating migrants like trash?
I think the majority of countries are either currently still at war with the country (e.g. Lebanon) or are actively attempting to impose their form of economic sanctions onto a country that has no regard for international law in terms of domestic property law, military law applying to child prisoners (see recent UNICEF report), violation of Geneva conventions (e.g. fourth Geneva convention) - namely, the movement of people across occupied lands. That is not to say that said countries are squeaky clean, but to imply this is due to their Jewish identity is inaccurate.

So yes, it's a very different thing entirely. Please do research.
Illegitimate*

What about all the other illegal settlements? Israel threw a strop when the UN called them out on it. Are welcome? Have you seen what happens to them? Pure and simple discriminations against black people. So Israel is also a racist state along with the ethnic cleansing of Arabs/Palestinians

Israel arranged special rescue missions to save the Jews of Ethiopia. Remind me how many Jews are living in Gaza ? Ethnically cleansed much.
Israel is an illegitimate state. Stop building illegal settlements. Stop ethnic cleansing.stop racism towards Ethiopians and other black migrants.

You forgot to mention Zionist atrocities, especially failure to supply matzah for Gaza population. This is outrageous!
Original post by MagicNMedicine
We sell weapons to several of these countries.

Who in government thinks that it's a good idea, to sell weapons to these countries that obviously hate Israel and Israelis.

Does anybody think these things through or is it a case of "if they will pay, we don't ask questions".

But hey I may be wrong maybe these are peaceful friendly people and they can be trusted not to use these weapons against Israel or the West and will certainly make sure the weapons never fall in to the hands of any terrorist groups.

Nothing personal, it's just business. :cool:
Also it is a continuation of good old tradition: in 1948 war Arab armies were equipped and trained by Britain.
there is little or no outrage because those protesters dont live in the said countries.

people usually only care about politics in the country they live in.
Again, you have provided no evidence to suggest why Israel, as a nation, has no right to exist. Many nations have abhorrent domestic and foreign policies that breach countless international treaties but the international community does not put their existence into question. Why then is Israel being cast aside as an exception?

There is no "right to exist" for any state. States have a right to sovereignty over their legal territory, and a right not to be aggressed upon, but not a "right to exist".

In what way does the international community "put Israel's existence into question"? Israel is a full member of the UN, and is recognised by the vast majority of its member states. A noticeable number (31) do not, yes, but a noticeable number (20) also don't recognise China.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending